CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus: Are you Looking for CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021, Chapter, Topics ??? Then, you are on a right track. Those who are Interested to know about the Information for Class X CBSE Maths Syllabus 2021 may go through this article. As, we have provided the details for CBSE Class 10 Syllabus. We all are aware that how important are the Class 10 Exams in a student’ Life. But students may not have to be worried about the CBSE Syllabus (सीबीएसई कक्षा 10 गणित पाठ्यक्रम). Each and every detail is provided in this article related to the Central Board of Secondary Education. You just have to check out and read every detail to know about it.
Also Read :
Content in this Article
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021
The overall Syllabus was mentioned below in a table format for the CBSE students of Class 10. The PDF was also available for the students which were mentioned below for the downloading process.
|S. No.||Typology of Questions||Total Marks||%Weightage|
|1||Remembering: Exhibit memory of previously learned material by recalling facts, terms, basic concepts, and answers.|
Understanding: Demonstrate understanding of facts and ideas by organizing, comparing, translating, interpreting, giving descriptions, and stating main ideas
|2||Applying: Solve problems to new situations by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques, and rules in a different way.||19||24|
|3||Analyzing: Examine and break information into parts by identifying motives or causes. Make inferences and find evidence to support generalizations|
Evaluating: Present and defend opinions by making judgments about information, the validity of ideas, or quality of work based on a set of criteria.
Creating: Compile information together in a different way by combining elements in a new pattern or proposing alternative solutions
Download CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021
As mentioned above the PDF was here below for download purposes.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus – Units and its Weightage Marks
|I||NUMBER SYSTEMS||06 Marks|
|III||COORDINATE GEOMETRY||06 Marks|
|VII||STATISTICS & PROBABILTY||11 Marks|
CBSE Class X 2019 Maths Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus:
UNIT I : NUMBER SYSTEMS
- Real Numbers (15 Periods)
Euclid’s division lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of the irrationality of Decimal representation of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals.
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
- Polynomials (7 Periods)
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials. Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients.
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables (15 Periods)
Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for a number of solutions. The solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination and by cross multiplication method. Simple situational problems. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equations.
- Quadratic Equations (15 Periods)
Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0). Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, by completing the square and by using the quadratic formula. Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots.
Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day to day activities to be incorporated.
- Arithmetic Progressions (8 Periods)
The motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of an A.P. and their application in solving daily life problems.
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
- Lines (In two-dimensions) (14 Periods)
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division). Area of a triangle.
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
- Triangles (15 Periods)
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse, the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
- (Prove) The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares of their corresponding sides.
- (Prove) In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
- (Prove) In a triangle, if the square on one side is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angles opposite to the first side is a right angle.
- Circles (8 Periods)
Tangent to a circle at, point of contact.
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
- Constructions (8 Periods)
- Division of a line segment in a given ratio (internally).
- Tangents to a circle from a point outside it.
- Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle.
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
- Introduction to Trigonometry (10 Periods)
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o. Values (with proofs) of the trigonometric ratios of 30o, 45o and 60o. Relationships between the ratios.
- Trigonometric Identities (15 Periods)
Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given. Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
- Heights and Distances: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression. (8 Periods)
Simple problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30o, 45o, 60o.
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
- Areas Related to Circles (12 Periods)
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus: Motivate the area of a circle; area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above-said plane figures. (In calculating the area of segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to a central angle of 60°, 90°, and 120° only. Plane figures involving triangles, simple quadrilaterals and circle should be taken.)
- Surface Areas and Volumes (12 Periods)
- Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones. Frustum of a cone.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems. (Problems with combination of not more than two different solids be taken).
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
- Statistics (18 Periods)
Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided). Cumulative frequency graph.
- Probability (10 Periods)
The classical definition of probability. Simple problems on single events (not using set notation).
Class 10 CBSE Maths Syllabus Internal Assessment
|Internal Assessment||20 marks|
|Periodic Test||10 marks|
|Lab Practical||05 marks|
|Notebook Submission||05 marks|
Recommended Books for CBSE Maths Syllabus Class 10 – 2019
- Mathematics – Textbook for class X – NCERT Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, secondary stage – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication.
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X – CBSE Publication
Question Paper Design for 2019 of Maths CBSE Syllabus of 10th Class
|Typology of Questions||Number of questions of different types||Total Marks|
Simple recall questions, to know specific facts, terms, concepts, principles or theories; Identity, define, or recite information)
|VSA – 2||20 Marks|
|SA (I) – 2|
|SA (II) – 2|
|LA – 2|
|Understanding (Comprehension- to be familiar with the meaning and to understand conceptually, interpret, compare, contrast, explain, paraphrase, or interpret information)||VSA – 2||23 Marks|
|SA (I) – 1|
|SA (II) – 1|
|LA – 4|
|Application (Use abstract information in a concrete situation, to apply knowledge to the new situation; Use given content interpret a situation, provide an example, or solve a problem)||VSA – 2||19 Marks|
|SA (I) – 2|
|SA (II) – 3|
|LA – 1|
|Higher Order Thinking Skills|
(Analysis & Synthesis-Classify, compare, contrast, or differentiate between different pieces of information; Organize and /or integrate unique pieces of information
from a variety of sources)
|VSA – None||14 Marks|
|SA (I) – 1|
|SA (II) – 4|
|LA – None|
|Evaluation ( Judge, and/or justify|
the value or worth of a decision or
the outcome, or to predict outcomes based on values)
|VSA – None||4 Marks|
|SA (I) – None|
|SA (II) – None|
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2018 – 2019||Click Here|
We have provided the CBSE Syllabus of Maths Language for 10th Class Students in this article. Students who are going to write exams may not worry about anything as we have provided everything Related to the subject in this article. So, after reading this article students must be started preparing for the Exams. Also, keep following us for such Updates and Don’t forget to share this article with your friends. So, they may also know about CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021 and they may also start preparing for the Exams.