CLAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023: Check the CLAT 2023 Syllabus details. CLAT Syllabus for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) having English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning. General Knowledge and current affairs syllabus constitute 50 marks for each topic. English including comprehension, logical reasoning is of forty marks each. Mathematics questions are of 20 marks. Totally, the CLAT exam paper is of 200 marks. CLAT 2023 Syllabus given here is for the details of all law candidates who will be appearing in the upcoming entrance examination (CLAT सिलेबस). In this, all the details are completely related to the Common Law Admission Test. You can download the CLAT Syllabus 2023 PDF is also available on this page.
- CLAT Question Papers – Download in PDF
- CLAT Answer Key/ Solutions PDF – Download
- CLAT Results – Cutoff Marks & Merit List details
Content in this Article
Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance exam. It is conducted once every year to provide admission to candidates in undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered at National Law Universities (NLUs) and other colleges/ universities accepting CLAT Exam Scores.
- MS University Courses and Syllabus 2023 | Download Here
- Madras University Courses and Syllabus 2023| Download Here
- ICT Mumbai Result 2023 -Check Merit list & Cut off Dates, Counselling
- Karunya University Courses and Syllabus 2023 | Download Here
- Hindustan University Courses and Syllabus 2023 | Download Here
CLAT 2023, conducted this year by the CLAT Consortium of NLUs headed by NLSIU, was held on July 23rd, between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm. The paper was largely on expected lines. The pattern of the paper was quite similar to that of last year. However, the LOD made it very similar to CLAT 2016, thus indicating that the cut-off for the top 3 NLUs is likely to be around the 155-157 mark.
The paper had a total of 200 questions spread across five sections – English, GK, Elementary Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude. There was a negative marking of one-fourth of a mark for each incorrect attempt.
CLAT Score is also accepted by other law schools including NMIMS- Mumbai, UPES-Dehradun, and Institute of Law, Nirma University-Ahmedabad, to name a few.
Being a leader in Law entrance preparation, Career Launcher experts will bring you Exam analysis, Expected cutoffs, and Score Calculator. Register yourself and get access to Exam day activities.
CLAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 – Important Dates
|Event Names||Important Dates|
|Start date of filling the application form||1st Jan 2023|
|Last date of filing the application form||May 9, 2023|
|Last date of online fee payment||May 9, 2023|
|Release of admit card||May 2023|
|CLAT exam date||Sunday, 19th June, 2023|
|Answer key released date||June 2023|
|Declaration of result||July 2023|
|Start date of counseling process||July 2023|
CLAT 2023 Syllabus
NLUs (CLAT organizing body) do not give a topic-wise CLAT Exam syllabus. On the basis of CLAT question papers analysis, the following CLAT Syllabus is compiled for the reference of candidates. The syllabus is not final or binding. There is no fixed syllabus for CLAT. The broad areas of the examination and topics from which questions are generally asked are explained below section.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs – This section will include questions from general awareness including static GK. Apart from General Knowledge, questions will also cover the recent topics & current affairs from the last year.
- English – In this sections applicants will be given questions of General English Comprehension. Candidates will also be tested on Grammar, Vocabulary, and Fill in the blanks.
- Legal Aptitude – This section will test the student’s interest in studying law, legal terms, and problem-solving abilities. Moreover, there will also be some legal proposition and applicants will be required to assume out of the set of facts given.
- Numerical Ability – This section will have mathematics from the 10th Class and won’t be too difficult.
- Logical reasoning – In this section will have the syllogism, blood relations, identifying patterns, logical links &rectifying illogical arguments.
CLAT 2023 Exam Papers & Subjects
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs at various law schools in India.
The subjects that are covered in the CLAT exam include:
- English Language: This section tests the candidate’s proficiency in English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and reading skills.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs and general knowledge, including topics such as national and international events, political and social developments, sports, science, technology, and other topics of general interest.
- Mathematics: This section tests the candidate’s mathematical ability, including topics such as algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.
- Legal Aptitude: This section tests the candidate’s understanding of legal concepts, principles, and reasoning. It includes topics such as contracts, torts, criminal law, constitutional law, and legal reasoning.
- Logical Reasoning: This section tests the candidate’s ability to analyze and solve logical problems. It includes topics such as analogies, syllogisms, logical sequences, and deductive reasoning.
The CLAT exam is a computer-based test and is conducted for a duration of two hours. The question paper consists of 200 multiple-choice questions, and each question carries one mark. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
CLAT Exam Pattern 2023
No of questions
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||
|English including Comprehension||
CLAT Syllabus 2023 Exam Duration, marks
The duration of the CLAT exam is 2 hours. The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) carrying 1 mark each. The questions are based on the following subjects:
- English Language
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
For every correct answer, candidates are awarded 1 mark, while for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted as negative marking.
The total marks for the CLAT exam are 150. The exam is conducted online, and the question paper is available in English only. The difficulty level of the exam is usually moderate to difficult, and candidates need to prepare thoroughly to score well.
CLAT 2023 Negative Marking Scheme
Here are the details of the CLAT negative marking scheme:
- For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score.
- If a candidate marks more than one answer for a question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer, and 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- If a candidate leaves a question unanswered, no marks will be deducted.
It is important for candidates to keep in mind the negative marking scheme while answering the questions in the exam. They should only attempt questions they are sure of the answers and avoid guessing answers to questions they are unsure about.
Download the Common Law Admission Test Syllabus 2023 PDF
Following is the link regarding the Common Law Admission Test official website link and the CLAT Syllabus 2023 PDF link is also available on this page.
|CLAT Official Website link||Click Here|
|Download CLAT Syllabus 2023 PDF||Click Here|
CLAT 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
What is CLAT?
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test, which is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs offered by various National Law Universities (NLUs) across India.
What is the syllabus for CLAT?
The CLAT syllabus includes five sections: English Language, Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
What is the exam pattern for CLAT?
The CLAT exam pattern includes a total of 150 questions to be answered in 120 minutes. The questions are multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and each correct answer carries one mark. There is also negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
How many sections are there in CLAT?
There are five sections in CLAT: English Language, Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability), Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
Is there any sectional time limit in CLAT?
No, there is no sectional time limit in CLAT. However, candidates are advised to manage their time effectively while attempting the exam.
What is the marking scheme for CLAT?
Each correct answer in CLAT carries one mark, while each wrong answer attracts a penalty of 0.25 marks.
Is there any age limit for appearing in CLAT?
No, there is no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT.
Is CLAT conducted in online mode or offline mode?
CLAT is conducted in online mode, i.e., computer-based test (CBT) mode.
Is there any dress code for CLAT?
There is no specific dress code for CLAT. However, candidates are advised to dress appropriately and comfortably.
What are the eligibility criteria for CLAT?
To be eligible for CLAT, candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks (for general category candidates) or 40% marks (for reserved category candidates). For postgraduate programs, candidates must have completed their LLB or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks (for general category candidates) or 45% marks (for reserved category candidates).
In this article, we have given information about the CLAT Entrance Examination 2023. So, see this CLAT Syllabus article and if you have any confusion give a comment via the comment section or move to the official website. Don’t forget to share this page with our friends and family members.