MBA 1st Semester ANDHRA UNIVERSITY Syllabus 2023: Here you will find ANDHRA UNIVERSITY MBA 1st Semester Syllabus. Students who are searching for AU MBA 1st Semester Syllabus will get the complete syllabus on this page. Candidates preparing for the MBA 1st Semester exams have to know the syllabus. Every individual who is in Andhra University MBA 1st Semester has to collect the Syllabus for their preparation in 1st-semester exams. You can check the MBA 1st Semester syllabus on this site, or You may also. check the syllabus on the official website.
MBA 1st Semester Subjects
Content in this Article
1st Semester subjects are common for all the courses in MBA. The official website is www.andhrauniversity.edu.in. The subjects are given below:
- Perspectives of Management
- Accounting for Management
- Business Environment
- Managerial Communication
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Quantitative Techniques for Management
Andhra University MBA 1st Semester Syllabus
- Chandigarh University Result 2023 – Check Dates, Counselling, Merit list & Cut Offs
- JEXPO Syllabus 2023 – Download Latest Syllabus PDF
- RRB SSE Syllabus 2023 – Exam Pattern & Download Sr.Section Engineer Syllabus PDF
- TNDALU University Syllabus 2023 – Law Courses & PDF Download Here
- TNTEU University Syllabus 2023– UG, PG, Doctoral Courses in Teachers Education & PDF Download Here
Semester – I
|1.||Perspectives of Management||20||80||100||4||4|
|2.||Accounting for Management||20||80||100||4||4|
|7.||Quantitative Techniques for Management||20||80||100||4||4|
Download MBA 1st Semester AU Syllabus
<< Download Andhra University MBA 1st Semester Syllabus >>
CP:1 PERSPECTIVES OF MANAGEMENT
- Unit I: Management – Evolution of Management Thought -Principles of Management – Functions of
Management – Social Responsibility of Management.
- Unit II: Planning – Nature, Purpose and Importance of Planning-Types of Plans-Steps in Planning
Premises and Forecasting – process of Decision Making-Decision Tree Analysis.
- Unit III: Organization – Principles of Organization – Formal and informal Organization – types of
Organization Structure – Line and Staff Relations – Delegation – Decentralization –Span of Control.
- Unit – IV: Directing- Leadership Theories and Styles –Motivation –Theories: Maslow’s Theory and
- Unit- V: Control-Importance, Steps, Processes, Techniques-PERT/CPM-Total Quality Management.
CP:2 ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT
- Unit-I: Accounting for Management –Nature and Scope – Management Process and Accounting – Financial Accounting Vs Cost Accounting Vs Accounting for Management –Role of Account in Modern Organization Unit – II: Financial Accounting System – Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Accounting Standards Governing Financial Statements – Contents of Profit and Loss Account – Balance Sheet (Theory only)
- Unit- III: Elements of Cost–Cost Sheet Preparation – Absorption Vs Marginal Costing –Cost – Volume – Profit Analysis – Cost Behaviour – Breakeven Analysis – Contribution Approach – Profit Planning.
- Unit-IV: Cost Concepts for Decision making – Decision Making Process – Decision SituationsSales
Volume Decisions – Pricing and Special Order Pricing – Make / Buy Decisions – Product
Decisions- Addition, Deletion and Alteration of Mix – Plant Shutdown Decision.
- Unit- V: Budgeting – Types of Budgets – Financial Vs Operation Budgets – Short Term Vs Long
Term Budgets – Preparation of Sales Budgets – Purchase Budgets- Expenditure Budgets for
Material, Labour and Overheads – Construction of Cash Budget- Flexible Budget – Master
Budget – Management Control and Budgeting – Performance Budgeting and Zero Based
CP:3 BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- Unit-I: Business Environment: Components and Significance – Socio Cultural, Economic, Legal,
Political, Technological and External Factors Influencing Business Environment, Dimensions of
International Business Environment and Challanges
- Unit-II: Structure of Indian Economy ; Economic systems- Economic planning with special
reference to last three plans, public, private joint and cooperative sectors Multinational
Corporations, Impact of Multinational Corporations in Indian Economy.
- Unit-III: Industrial policies of the Govt., Policy resolutions of 1956 and 1991 and subsequent
changes, Monetary and Fiscal policies, Export and Import policies with reference to latest
- Unit – IV: Public Sector and Small Industry in India, Past, Present and Future of Public Sector,
Performance, Problems, Priviatisation, disinvestment, SEZs – their role, Role of SSIs, Procedure
for establishing SSIs, Role of DICs, Problems of SSIs, Sickness in SSIs..
- Unit – V: Stock Markets, SEBI, its rules and regulations, Stock Exchange, Functions of Stock
Exchanges, Primary and Secondary markets, Competition Act 2002 – Conmpetitiveness,
Foreign Exchange Management Act, Social Responsibilities and Ethics in Business.
CP:4 MANAGERIAL COMMUNICATION
- Unit – I: Role of Communication in Business – Objective of Communication – The Process of
Human Communication – Media of Communication, Written Communication – Oral
Communication – Visual Communication, Audio Visual Communication – Silence – Developing
Listening Skills – Improving Non–verbal Communication kills – Understanding Cultural Effects
- Unit – II: Managing Organization Communication – formal and Informal Communication- Intra
and Personal Communication – Models for Inter-Personal Communication – Exchange Theory,
Johari Window and Transactional Analysis.
- Unit-III: Managing Motivation to Influence Interpersonal Communication – Inter-Personal
Perception – Role of Emotion in Inter-Personal Communication- Communication Styles –
Barriers of Communication – Gateways to Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Unit-IV: Business Writing Skills – Significance of Business Correspondence, Essentials of
Effective Business Correspondence, Business Letter, and Forms, Oral Presentations – Meetings,
Telephone Communication – Use of Technology in Business Communication, E-mail Messages.
- Unit-V: Report Writing – Meaning and Significance; Structure of Reports; Negative, Persuasive
and Special Reporting; Informal Report – Proposals; Formal Reports; Organization of Press
CP:5 MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
- Unit I: Introduction: Nature and Scope of Managerial Economics; Objectives of the Firm-Traditional
Theory, Sales and Revenue Maximizing Theories, Managerial Theories, and Behavioral Theories;
Profit Maximization. Vs. Wealth Maximization.
- Unit II: Demand Analysis: Demand-Meaning, Determinations Of Demand, Demand Function; Law
of Demand; Elasticity of Demand –Price, Income, Cross and Promotional or Advertising Elasticity
of demand, Managerial Uses of Elasticity of Demand; Demand Forecasting. Demand Forecasting
Methods for Existing and New Products, Criteria for Good Forecasting Method.
- Unit III: Production Analysis: Production Function –Law of Variable Proportions, Isoquant and
Isocost Curves, Least Cost Combination, and Returns to Scale; Economies of Large Scale; CobbDouglas
Production Function and Constant Elasticity of Substitution – Production Function; Cost
concepts and Cost Oriented Pricing Methods.
- Unit-IV: Market Analysis: Price and Output Determination under Perfect Competition; ProfitMeaning
and Profit Theories-Profit Planning-Measurement.
- Unit – V: Economic Optimization: Economic Problems and Optimization Techniques –
Unconstrained and Constrained Optimization; Unbounded Maxim – Optimization of Functions of
One Variable and Optimization with Multivariate Function.
CP:6 ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- Unit-I: Meaning and scope of OB-Challenges and opportunities – Foundations of Individual
behavior, values, attitude, job satisfaction, personality, perception, and emotions.
- Unit – II: Motivation-Theories, Group dynamics – Leadership styles.
- Unit –III: Organizational conflict-causes and consequences-conflict and Negotiation.
- Unit-IV: Organisational change, change process resistance to change and Organisational
- Unit – V: Organisational Culture-Creating an Ethical Organisation-Managing Stress-Organisational
CP:7 QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES FOR MANAGEMENT
- Unit-I: Functions, Linear, Quadratic, Logarithmic, and Exponential Functions- Permutations and
Combinations – Matrices – Solving System of Equations with Matrix Methods – Differentiation and
Integration of Simple Functions and their Applications.
- Unit – II: Measures of Central Tendency – Measures of Dispersion –Simple Correlation and
Regression Analysis – Concept and Applications of Multiple Regressions.
- Unit –III: Concept of Probability- Probability Rules – Joint and Marginal Probability – Baye’s
Theorem- Probability Distributions- Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential Probability
- Unit-IV: Sampling and Sampling Distributions – Estimation – Point and Interval Estimates of
Averages and proportions of small and Large Samples –Concepts of Testing Hypothesis –One
Sample Test for Testing Mean and Proportion of Large and Small Samples.
- Unit – V: Tests Two Samples –Tests of Difference between Mean and Proportions of Small and
Large Samples – Chi-square Test of Independence and Goodness of Fitness- Analysis of Variance.
Here we are provided to Download the previous year’s Syllabus of Master of Business Administration (MBA) 1st semester in Andhra University.
- Download Andhra University MBA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023
- Download Andhra University MBA I Sem Syllabus 
- Download Andhra University MBA 1st Semester Syllabus 
- MBA Books & Notes For All Semesters in PDF – 1st, 2nd Year
- MBA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- MBA Subjects in Finance, Marketing, HR 1st, 2nd Year – Semester wise
FAQs About MBA 1st Semester ANDHRA UNIVERSITY Syllabus 2023
What is an MBA program?
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration, which is a graduate-level degree program that teaches students about various aspects of business management, including finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and entrepreneurship.
What is the duration of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The MBA program at Andhra University is a two-year full-time program, divided into four semesters.
What is the syllabus of the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The first-semester syllabus of the MBA program at Andhra University includes the following subjects: Organizational Behavior, Management Accounting, Managerial Economics, Business Environment, Business Communication, and Statistics for Management.
What are the objectives of the Organizational Behavior subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The objectives of the Organizational Behavior subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University are to help students understand the behavior of individuals and groups within an organization, to develop skills for effective management of people, and to analyze the impact of organizational culture on behavior.
What are the topics covered in the Managerial Economics subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The topics covered in the Managerial Economics subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University include demand analysis, production and cost analysis, market structures, pricing strategies, and macroeconomic policies.
What is the aim of the Business Environment subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The aim of the Business Environment subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University is to provide students with an understanding of the external factors that affect business operations, such as economic, political, legal, social, and technological factors.
What are the topics covered in the Business Communication subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The topics covered in the Business Communication subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University include written and oral communication, interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, and cross-cultural communication.
What is the objective of the Statistics for Management subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University?
The objective of the Statistics for Management subject in the first semester of the MBA program at Andhra University is to equip students with the knowledge and skills to analyze and interpret data, and to make informed decisions based on statistical analysis.
Here in this article, Andhra University MBA 1st Semester Syllabus 2023 is clearly given. Follow this article to know the complete syllabus of AU MBA 1st Semester. On this page, you may also download AU MBA 1st Semester Syllabus in pdf format. Share this article with your friends who want AU MBA 1st Semester Syllabus. For any queries or doubts regarding Andhra University MBA 1st Semester 2023 Subjects & Syllabus, you may comment on the below comment box. We will answer them as soon as possible.
I want 1st MBA (finance) previous exams model question papers
Previous peper send me sirr plzz my number 9490837342
I want MBA 1st sem syllabus pdf file not available your provide link that asking registration, but there is not show the registration so kindly provide user id password for syllabus.
unable to get pdf for mba 1st year
it is asking to login there is no account for me in exam updates atleast it is not showing to register