CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus 2019: Check out the Information about CBSE Class 11 Political Science Syllabus 2019-20, Chapter, Topics – Download PDF in this article. Students who are searching for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Entrepreneurship Syllabus (सीबीएसई राजनीति विज्ञान कक्षा 11 का सिलेबस) for Class 11, 2019-20 are on the right track. Class XI Students may not have to worry about their Exam Syllabus. As we have provided the Details about Class 11 CBSE Political Science Syllabus 2019-20 in this article.
Students should check out this article to get complete details about CBSE 11th Class Political Science Syllabus for 2019-20. Download the pdf for CBSE Political Science Syllabus Class 11 2018 from the given link provided in this article.
Content in this Article
CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus: At the senior secondary level students who opt for Political Science is given an opportunity to get introduced to the diverse concerns of a Political Scientist. At this level, there is a need to enable students to engage with political processes that surround them and provide them with an understanding of the historical context that has shaped the present. The different courses introduce the students to the various streams of the discipline of Political Science: Political Theory, Indian Politics, and International Politics.
Concerns of the other two streams – Comparative Politics and Public Administration- are accommodated at different places in these courses. In introducing these streams, special care has been taken not to burden the students with the current jargon of the discipline. The basic idea here is to lay the foundations for a serious engagement with the discipline at the under graduation stage.
Indian Constitution at Work
- Enable students to understand the historical processes and the circumstances in which the Constitution was drafted.
- Enable students to identify certain key features of the Constitution and compare these to other constitutions in the world.
- Provide the opportunity for students to become familiar with the diverse visions that guided the makers of the Indian Constitution.
- Analyse the ways in which the provisions of the Constitution have worked in real political life.
- Inculcate attention to and respect for viewpoints other than one’s own.
- Introduce students to the different political thinkers in relation to a concept and in everyday social life.
- Develop the skills for logical reasoning and abstraction.
- Encourage the students to analyze any unexamined prejudices that one may have inherited.
- Enable students to meaningfully participate in and develop internal concerns of the political life that surrounds them.
Contemporary World Politics
- Familiarise the students with some of the key political events and processes in the post cold war era.
- Equip students to be conscious of the way in which global events and processes shape our everyday lives.
- Enable the students to expand their horizons beyond India and make sense of the political map of the contemporary world.
- Strengthen their capacity for political analysis by thinking of contemporary developments in a historical perspective.
Politics in India after Independence
- Enable students to become familiar with some of the key political events and figures in the postindependence period.
- Develop their capacity to link macro processes with micro situations and their own life.
- Develop skills of political analysis through an understanding of events and processes of recent history.
- Encourage the students to take a historical perspective of making sense of contemporary India.
CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus 2019-20
|Units||CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus||Periods: 220||Marks: 100|
|Part – A: Indian Constitution at work|
|Unit – 1||Constitution Why and How and Philosophy of the Constitution||17||12 Marks|
|Unit – 2||Rights in the Indian Constitution||16|
|Unit – 3||Election and Representation||11||10 Marks|
|Unit – 4||The Executive||11|
|Unit – 5||The Legislature||11||10 Marks|
|Unit – 6||The Judiciary||11|
|Unit – 7||Federalism||11||10 Marks|
|Unit – 8||Local Governments||11|
|Unit – 9||Constitution as a living document||11||8 Marks|
|Part – B: Political Theory|
|Unit – 10||Political Theory: An Introduction||10||10 Marks|
|Unit – 11||Freedom||10|
|Unit – 12||Equality||12||10 Marks|
|Unit – 13||Social Justice||11|
|Unit – 14||Rights||11||10 Marks|
|Unit – 15||Citizenship||11|
|Unit – 16||Nationalism||11||10 Marks|
|Unit – 17||Secularism||11|
|Unit – 18||Peace||11||10 Marks|
|Unit – 19||Development||11|
Political Science CBSE Syllabus Course Content of Class XI
Part – A: Indian Constitution at Work
- Constitution Why and How and Philosophy of the Constitution
Constitution: Why and How, The making of the Constitution, the Constituent Assembly, Procedural achievements and Philosophy of the Constitution.
- Rights in the Indian Constitution
The importance of Rights, Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution, Directive Principles of State Policy, Relationship between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
- Election and Representation
Elections and Democracy, Election System in India, Reservation of Constituencies, Free and Fair Elections, Electoral Reforms
Why do we need a Parliament? Two Houses of Parliament. Functions and Power of the Parliament, Legislative functions, control over Executive. Parliamentary committees. Self-regulation.
What is an Executive? Different Types of Executive. Parliamentary Executive in India, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers. Permanent Executive: Bureaucracy.
Why do we need an Independent Judiciary? Structure of the Judiciary, Judicial Activism, Judiciary and Rights, Judiciary and Parliament.
What is Federalism? Federalism in the Indian Constitution, Federalism with a strong Central Government, conflicts in India’s federal system, Special Provisions.
- Local Governments
Why do we need Local Governments? Growth of Local Government in India, 73rd and 74th Amendments, implementation of 73rd and 74th Amendments.
- Constitution as a Living Document
Are Constitutions static? The procedure to amend the Constitution. Why have there been so many amendments? Basic Structure and Evolution of the Constitution. Constitution as a Living Document.
Part – B: Political Theory
- Political Theory: An Introduction
What is Politics? What do we study in Political Theory? Putting Political Theory to practice. Why should we study Political Theory?
The Ideal of Freedom. What is Freedom? Why do we need constraints? Harm principle. Negative and Positive Liberty.
Significance of Equality. What is Equality? Various dimensions of Equality. How can we promote Equality?
- Social Justice
What is Justice? Just Distribution. Justice as fairness. Pursuing Social Justice.
What are Rights? Where do Rights come from? Legal Rights and the State. Kinds of Rights. Rights and Responsibilities.
What is citizenship? Citizen and Nation, Universal Citizenship, Global Citizenship
Nations and Nationalism, National Self-determination, Nationalism and Pluralism
What is Secularism? What is a Secular State? The Western and the Indian approaches to Secularism. Criticisms and Rationale of Indian Secularism.
What is Peace? Can violence ever promote peace? Peace and the State. Different Approaches to the pursuit of peace. Contemporary challenges to peace.
What is development? Dominant, development Model and alternative conceptions of development.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus
- Indian Constitution at work, Class XI, Published by NCERT
- Political Theory, Class XI, Published by NCERT
Note: The above textbooks are also available in Hindi and Urdu versions.
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus 2019||Click Here|
We have provided the CBSE Political Science Class 11 Syllabus Students in this article. Students who are going to write exams may not worry about anything as we have provided everything Related to the subject in this article. So, after reading this article students must be started preparing for the Exams. Also, keep following us for such Updates and Do not forget to share this article with your friends. So, they may also know about CBSE Class 11 Political Science Syllabus 2019-20 and they may also start preparing for the Exams.