CAT Exam 2021: Here you can check the CAT 2021 Exam Details in the academic year of 2021. It has been organized by IIMS (Indian Institutes of Management). Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level entrance examination organized by IIMS on a rotational basis every year. This entrance test is conducted to offer admission into management programs in so many colleges and institutions situated in India. A number of private & government management institutions provide admission into MBA programs through CAT scores. In this article, candidates will get to know the details related to CAT 2020.
CAT 2021 Application Form – Important Dates
Content in this Article
The following are the important date for the CAT Exam 2021 is given as:
|CAT 2021 Events||CAT 2021 Dates|
|CAT 2020 notification release||August 2020|
|CAT Registrations start||5th August 2020|
|Registrations end||September 23, 2020|
|CAT form correction||Last week of September 2020|
|CAT mock test and official tutorial release||Second week of October 2020|
|Admit card release||28th October 2020|
|CAT 2020 exam||29th November 2020|
|Answer key release||A week after the exam|
|Result declaration||The first week of January 2021|
|Name of the Event||Important Dates|
|CAT 2020 Notification release date||28th Jul 2019|
|Starting of Online Registration||7th Aug 2019|
|Last date to fill the application form||25th Sep 2019|
|Image correction window||28th – 30th Sep 2019|
|OnlineTest||17th Oct 2019|
|Release of Admit card||23rd Oct 2019|
|CAT 2020 Exam||24th Nov 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||29th Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit an objection||6th Dec 2019|
|Announcement of Results||4th Jan 2020|
CAT 2020 Answer Key
After the completion of the CAT examination, the board has published the provisional answer key of CAT 2020. The answer key has been released in November 2020. In case of any error in the answer key, candidates can also challenge the answer key before the last date of it. After considering the objections, the final answer key will be released by the board.
CAT 2020 Cut Off
The exam conducting authority will release the cut off for various categories after the release of the result. The cut off can also be released after the written examination. The candidates who will obtain the marks equal or above the cut off marks can participate for the admission. The cut off will be varied every year for each category.
The cut off will be released in the month of November 2019. Candidates can check the cut off marks through online mode. Candidates should carefully check the cut-off marks and appear for admission process in various participating institutions as per the cut off marks of the respective institutions in which they want to apply.
CAT 2020 Result
CAT result has been announced in January 2021 on the website. To check the result and download the scorecard, candidates have to enter their User id and Password. After the release of results, the board will publish the list of candidates who have successfully qualified the exam and selected for further admission process.The scorecard contains the details of the candidates and their performance shown in the entrance exam. It contains overall and sectional marks and percentile secured by the candidates in the test.
CAT Admission Procedure 2021
For admission into management programmes through CAT Exam 2021 score, various participating institutions will announce their respective cut off marks. Candidates have to qualify the individual cut off score of the respective institute to get selected for admission. No centralized counselling will be held for admission.
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by various IIMS and participating institutions. Candidates have to appear for Written Ability, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds at the allotted institutions within the prescribed time period.
CAT Admit Card
The CAT admit card has been released on the website after the completion of application process. Students can download the admit card on 28th October 2020 by accessing the download link provided on the website and entering their registered user id and password. No candidate can get their admit card through offline mode.
CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The complete eligibility criteria given below must be checked by the candidates before applying for CAT 2020:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed his/her Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam with minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. For the candidates belonging to ST/SC/PWD category must have passed with minimum of 45% marks.
- Age Criteria: There will be no lower or upper age limit prescribed for appearing in CAT exam.
- Candidates who possess an equivalent exam degree recognized by MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers) are also eligible.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent can also apply.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Below candidates can check the complete details of the exam pattern of CAT 2020:
- Exam Mode and Date: CAT 2020 exam will be conducted on 29th November 2019 in two sessions through online (CBT) mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: The exam will contain total of 100 questions. The questions asked will be of objective and subjective type.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of total 300 marks.
- Time Duration: Time duration of 180 minutes will be allotted to complete the paper.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct response, 3 marks will be given. -1 mark will deducted for every incorrect answer.
CAT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of CAT 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects of Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. Detailed syllabus can be checked by the candidates from the website.
CAT 2021 Application Form
Check the details of application form of CAT 2021 below:
- CAT 2021 application form filling process has been started from 5th August 2020.
- Complete application procedure like registration, filling the application, submitting the application, uploading images and making application fee payment is done in online mode.
- The registration process will be end on 23rd September 2020.
- Candidates must make sure to go through the complete eligibility criteria and other details to fill application form.
- At the time of registration, candidates also have to make choices of four exam cities as per their preferences.
- Candidates of SC/ST/PwD category have to upload a copy of their category certificates during registration process.
- The Board also provide facility of application correction after the completion of application process. Candidates are able correct images and other editable details in the application before the last date.
- Take the printout of submitted online application form and keep it till admission process.
In this page, we have given the information regarding CAT 2021 Application form. If you any confusion give a comment via comment box or go for the official website. Don’t forget to share this article to our friends and family.