Prepare UPSC Anthropology: Check out How to Prepare UPSC Anthropology Optional subject 2021 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Anthropology Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2021 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Anthropology Optional Paper. UPSC has already announced IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates (यूपीएससी नृविज्ञान वैकल्पिक विषय). Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Anthropology optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Anthropology Optional Subject 2021
Anthropology as an optional subject is popular among UPSC aspirants because it is considered scoring and also, its syllabus is relatively less now after a few portions were omitted. It is also helpful for science students as it is a perfect combination of science and social science. It has certain elements of biology and anatomy. It also includes social topics in it. As an administrator, some knowledge of anthropology is also helpful.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
Why Anthropology optional?
- The syllabus of Anthropology optional for the UPSC IAS Mains exam is short and aspirants can manage it easily.
- Students with any other science background can also opt for this subject as the elements of science in anthropology can make it easier to grasp.
- This subject contains both biological and social topics. The biology-related topics like in physical anthropology are scoring as they are not subjective.
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. The Paper I of Anthropology based on General Studies and Physical Archaeology. But Paper-II of Anthropology optional deals with the technical concepts such as Linguistic and religious minorities, Panchayati Raj, tribal topics, SC, ST & OBCs, ethnicity, and impact of major religions on tribal societies.
Step 1: Know UPSC Anthropology syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Anthropology Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains 2021 Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Anthropology
To prepare UPSC Anthropology Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Anthropology:
- Physical Anthropology – P. Nath
- Outlines of Physical Anthropology – B.M.Das
- An Introduction to Social Anthropology – Majumdar & Madan
- Indian anthropology – R.N.Sharma
- Indian Anthropology – Nadeem Hasnain (Good source of case studies)
- An Introduction to Social Anthropology – Makhan Jha
- Tribal India – Nadeem Hasnain
- Internet and Newspapers for current events.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
A study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Anthropology Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Anthropology Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, you can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Anthropology (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Anthropology Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Anthropology Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Anthropology Important Topics
Anthropology Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
- Linguistic anthropology
- Relevance of anthropology
- Branches of anthropology, various dating techniques
- Paleolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic, Cultures
- Neolithic revolution
- Copper bronze age
- Culture, civilization
- Language, culture, and communication
- Research methodology – genealogical method, observation, techniques of data interpretation, fieldwork significance in anthropology
- Tribal topics
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Anthropology Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Anthropology Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Anthropology Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Anthropology?
If you have a genuine interest in this subject, you should definitely go for this optional. A good understanding of anthropology also helps you in your Ethics and Essay paper. Social anthropology concepts like marriage, family, kinship, political organization, etc., He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Anthropology 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Anthropology optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Anthropology optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Anthropology to tackle Paper-II.
- Make short notes, flowchart and diagram will preparing. These short notes will help in revision time.
- Aspirants should guarantee that they are emphasizing sustainability and economic dimensions also.
- Aspirants opting for agriculture as their option should update the up-to-date data taken from the Government reports annual report of Anthropology that follows the government implementation of ethical rules.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Anthropology also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Anthropology Optional subject 2021 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” (यूपीएससी नृविज्ञान विषय) gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC 2021 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.