SMVDU Admission 2020: Check out the latest updates of SMVDU Admission 2020 Application Form, Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Counselling. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University offers B.Tech (Regular + Lateral Entry), B.Arch Courses at UG level and M.Sc, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, MA Courses at PG level. The University also offers Ph.D. Courses in various specializations. Admissions to B.Tech Programs will be based on JEE Main Scores. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Counselling (SMVDU प्रवेश). Candidates need to check eligibility before applying for the admissions. Eligible candidates have to fill the form on the official website of the University before the last date ends. Through this article, you will get the details such as Admission Dates, etc.
Also, read the following links for better information on the following Topics.
- CIFNET Application Form, Registration, Fee, Date, Eligibility, Counselling
- CIC DU Application Form, Registration, Fee, Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Counselling
SMVDU full form is Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
Content in this Article
The Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, commonly referred to as SMVD University or SMVDU, is a university on a 470-acre (190 ha) campus located near Katra, Jammu, and Kashmir.
The university is fully residential and provides technical education in the field of engineering, science, management, philosophy and other subjects of contemporary importance, with all technical courses recognized by AICTE, CIC, and COA.
Many students are admitted into the B.Tech / B.Arch program every year from amongst the high rankers of JEE(Main) through the Central Seat Allocation Board (MHRD) of CBSE.
Candidates admitted to the M.B.A. program pass through a three-tier selection process based on CAT/MAT Score, Group Discussions & Interviews conducted by a panel of academicians from IITs & corporate professionals. Only the selected candidates make it through.
Admissions to other Post-Graduate Programmes (M.Sc, M.Tech, MCA, M. A.) & Ph.D. are made through National level Entrance Tests & Interviews.
Unlike most of the colleges in India, SMVDU has no reservation quota for certain sections of students and the students are allotted seats solely on the basis of their merit.
The University is approved by UGC under Section 2(F) & Section 12(B) of the UGC Act of 1956.
The technical programs of the University are recognized by AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) while the Architecture program is recognized by the Council of Architecture.
University Grants Commission recognizes it under section 2(f). The first convocation was held in 2008 which got delivered by Hon’ble Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. In 2009, UGC granted 12(b) status to the University and it started to get grants from it.
SMVDU Admission 2020
|Name of the University||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University|
|Admission Criteria||B.Tech: JEE Main|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Last to submit the SMVDU Application Form for B.Tech Course||April 21, 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for SMVDU Admission
- Candidates with 10+2 from any recognized Board with 60% marks with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates should be qualified in any of the Entrance Exams like NATA or JEE Main.
Candidates applying for the admissions should follow the below-mentioned steps while filling the application form. Applications are to be filled through online mode.
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Click on “Apply Now”
- Enter the details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Email ID, Phone Number for primary registration.
- After the registration part is completed, the applicants will be provided with a new User ID and Password.
- Login with the credentials and fill the remaining application part such as Educational Qualification, Caste, Address.
- Upload Scanned Photo & Signature in prescribed size.
- Upload the required documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Make the fee payment through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or Demand Draft.
The Fee for all Courses are mentioned below :
|Category||The fee to be paid|
|For all Categories||Rs 1100/-|
The Selection Process will be on the basis of JEE Main Scores. Selected candidates will be called for the Counselling Process. Performance in Academic Qualifications will also be considered.
National Level Counselling will be conducted based on the merit list. Candidates should attend the counselling at the Institute, with relevant documents to be carried.
The following documents are to be carried at the time of Counselling :
- 10th Certificate
- 10+2 Certificate
- Character Certificate
- DOB Certificate
- 5 Passport size photographs
- Transfer and Migration Certificate
- Residential Proof
Hope this article will be useful for the candidates to know about SMVDU Admission 2020 Application Form, Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Dates, Counselling (SMVDU आवेदन पत्र). If you have any queries, please mention it in the comment box. Share this article with your friends. Click on allow notifications options on our website to get the latest updates of Exam Updates.