NEET Syllabus 2023: On this page, we have given here for biology, physics, and chemistry. The question paper of the National Eligibility Entrance Test will be based on NEET Syllabus notified by MCI. Medical Council of India specifies following the syllabus of NEET after releasing syllabus by CBSE, NCERT, COBSE, and state boards. Applicants aspiring to study MBBS or BDS from medical institutions in India can appear in NEET Exam. All MCQ (multiple choice) type questions in the exam will be from topics mentioned in the NEET syllabus (NEET परीक्षा का सिलेबस).
In this, all the details are completely related to the Medical Council of India. You can view or download the NEET Syllabus 2023 PDF is also available on this page.
NEET Syllabus 2023
Content in this Article
- Pondicherry University Result 2023 | Merit list & Cut Offs, Dates, Counselling
- CUCET Result 2023 | Dates, Cutoff & Merit List, Counselling
- IISC Admission 2023 | Cutoff & Merit List, Dates, Counselling
- NIFT Result 2023 | Merit List, Cut Off, Dates, Counselling
- ISI Admission Result 2023 | Cutoff & Merit List, Dates, Interview
NEET Syllabus 2023 for Physics
|S.No.||Class XI||S. No.||Class XII|
|1.||Physical-world and measurement||1.||Electrostatics|
|3.||Laws of Motion||3.||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4.||Work, Energy, and Power||4.||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5.||The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||5.||Electromagnetic Waves|
|7.||Properties of Bulk Matter||7.||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8.||Thermodynamics||8.||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9.||The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||9.||Electronic Devices|
|10.||Oscillations and Waves||–||–|
NEET Syllabus 2023 for Chemistry
|S. No.||Class XI||S. No.||Class XII|
|1.||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||1.||Solid State|
|2.||Structure of Atom||2.||Solutions|
|3.||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||3.||Electrochemistry|
|4.||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||4.||Chemical Kinetics|
|5.||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||5.||Surface Chemistry|
|6.||Thermodynamics||6.||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7.||Equilibrium state||7.||p Block Elements|
|8.||Redox Reactions(Chemistry)||8.||d and f Block Elements|
|10.||Alkali and Alkaline earth metals (s Block Element)||10.||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11.||Some p-Block Elements||11.||Alcohols, Phenols & Ethers|
|12.||Some Basic Principles and Techniques (Organic Chemistry)||12.||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13.||Hydrocarbons||13.||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|–||–||16.||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
NEET Syllabus 2023 for Biology
|S. No.||Class XI||S. No.||Class XII|
|1.||Diversity in Living World||1.||Reproduction|
|2.||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||2.||Genetics and Evolution|
|3.||Cell Structure and Function||3.||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4.||Plant Physiology||4.||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5.||Human Physiology||5.||Ecology and Environment|
NEET Syllabus 2023 Exam Papers & Subjects
The NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an all-India entrance examination for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in government and private medical colleges in India. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The NEET exam consists of a single question paper that includes 180 multiple-choice questions, with 45 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. The duration of the exam is three hours.
The syllabus for the NEET exam is based on the NCERT syllabus of classes 11 and 12. The following is a brief overview of the subjects covered in the NEET exam:
- Physics: The physics section covers topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, optics, modern physics, and more.
- Chemistry: The chemistry section covers topics such as organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, and more.
- Biology: The biology section covers topics such as human physiology, genetics and evolution, ecology and environment, and more.
It is important to note that the NEET exam is highly competitive, and candidates must prepare thoroughly to secure a good rank. Additionally, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the NTA to be eligible to take the exam.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern for Medical
Exam mode – Pen & paper
Duration – 180 minutes (10.00 AM to 01.00 PM)
Number of questions – 180
Type of Questions – Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)
Language – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya & Kannada.
Marking Scheme – +4 for each correct response and -1 for each incorrect answer.
NEET 2023 Exam Duration, marks
The NEET exam is conducted for a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes). The question paper consists of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs), with a total of 720 marks. The questions are divided into four sections: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology, with each section consisting of 45 questions.
Each question carries 4 marks, and there is a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer. Unanswered questions do not attract any negative marking.
To qualify for NEET, a general category candidate must score a minimum of 50th percentile, while the qualifying percentile for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 40th percentile. The minimum qualifying marks for general category candidates are 720-146, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 720-113.
NEET 2023 Negative Marking Scheme
NEET has a negative marking scheme where one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. However, there is no negative marking for unanswered questions or questions marked for review.
The marking scheme for NEET is as follows:
- Each correct answer carries four marks.
- Each incorrect answer attracts a negative marking of one mark.
- If a candidate marks more than one answer for a question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer and attract a negative marking of one mark.
It is important for candidates to carefully read and understand the questions before answering them to avoid negative marking. If a candidate is not sure about the answer, it is better to leave the question unanswered instead of marking it incorrectly.
Download NEET Medical Syllabus 2023
|NEET Syllabus 2023 PDF||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
NEET 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
What is NEET?
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted in India for students who want to pursue undergraduate medical courses (MBBS/BDS) or postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.
Who conducts NEET?
NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the Medical Council of India (MCI).
What are the eligibility criteria for NEET?
The eligibility criteria for NEET are as follows:
1. The candidate must be a citizen of India or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
2. The candidate must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
3. The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years (30 years for reserved category candidates).
4. The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects.
5. The candidate must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying examination.
What is the syllabus for NEET?
The syllabus for NEET is as follows:
1. Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, etc.
2. Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), etc.
3. Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology and Environment, etc.
What is the exam pattern for NEET?
The exam pattern for NEET is as follows:
1. Mode of exam: Offline (Pen and Paper-based)
2. Duration: 3 hours
3. Total Marks: 720
4. Number of questions: 180
5. Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
6. Marking scheme: +4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer, 0 for unanswered question
7. Language of exam: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
How many times is NEET conducted in a year?
NEET is conducted once a year, usually in the month of May.
What is the registration fee for NEET?
The registration fee for NEET varies for different categories. For General/OBC candidates, the fee is Rs. 1500, while for SC/ST/PwD candidates, the fee is Rs. 800.
Can a candidate appear for NEET without Biology?
No, it is mandatory for a candidate to have Biology as one of the core subjects in 10+2 or equivalent to be eligible to appear for NEET.
Is there any negative marking in NEET?
Yes, there is negative marking in NEET. One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer, and no mark is deducted for unanswered questions.
Is there any age limit for NEET?
Yes, the upper age limit for NEET is 25 years (30 years for reserved category candidates).
Here, we have given the information regarding the NEET Medical Entrance Test Syllabus (NEET परीक्षा पैटर्न) in 2023. So, see once on this page and if you have any doubt about this page give a comment on below comment section or go for the official site notification. Don’t forget to share this page with our friends and family.
hello… my age is 29…. can i attempt neet exam in the coming year 2021…