NEET Counselling 2023: It will be held for candidates who have successfully qualified the NEET examination. Applicants will be called for counselling as per selection list released by the official conducting body. Candidates will be called for the NEET Entrance Test counselling on a specified date and time for consideration of admission to various UG, Masters’, MCA and Ph.D programmes. NEET Counselling will continue the last seat in each programme is occupied. Merit list will be updated on the University website. In this, all the details are completely similar to the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET परामर्श). You can view or download the NEET Counselling & Seat Allotment 2023 details are clearly mentioned in this article.
- NEET Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Download
- NEET Question Papers/Model Papers – Download
- NEET Result Answer Key/Solutions – Download in PDF
About NEET Counselling 2023 – Overview
Content in this Article
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted in India for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in various colleges across the country. After the results of NEET are announced, a counselling process is conducted to allocate seats to qualified candidates in their desired colleges.
- KLE PGAIET Counselling 2023 – Check Documents, Fee, Procedure, Colleges, Seat allotment, Dates
- CG PAT Counselling 2023 – Dates, Documents, Seat Allotment, Procedure, Colleges
- HP CPMT Counselling 2023 – Check Colleges, Procedure, Dates, Fee, Seat allotment, Documents
- AICEE Counselling 2023 – Check the Seat allotment, Dates, Fee, Procedure, Colleges, Documents
- MCAER UG CET Counselling 2023 – Check Seat Allotment of Maharashtra Agriculture UG CET
The counselling process for NEET is conducted in two phases: All India Quota Counselling and State Level Counselling. The All India Quota Counselling is conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), while State Level Counselling is conducted by respective state authorities.
The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and fee payment. Candidates who qualify for the counselling process have to register themselves on the official website of MCC or state counselling authorities. They have to fill in their preferred colleges and courses, and then the authorities allocate seats based on their rank and availability of seats.
After the seat allotment, candidates have to report to the respective college for document verification and fee payment. The documents required for verification may vary from state to state, but the common documents include NEET admit card, NEET scorecard, identity proof, class 10 and 12 mark sheets, and caste certificate (if applicable).
The counselling process is an important step for NEET aspirants as it determines the college and course they will get admission in. Therefore, candidates should carefully choose their preferred colleges and courses while filling in their choices. They should also keep all the required documents ready and prepare for the counselling process in advance.
NEET Counselling Dates 2023
|NEET Counselling Dates 2023||Will be update later|
NEET Counselling Dates will be updated after the release of NEET Results 2023. So, candidates can check the results from official sites only. And, the counselling will begin in the second week of Nov (tentatively). And, UP NEET counselling will take place in three rounds.
NEET 2023 Counselling Eligibility
NEET counseling is conducted for admission into undergraduate medical, dental, and allied courses offered by various colleges in India. The eligibility criteria for NEET counseling are as follows:
- Qualifying NEET: Candidates must have appeared and qualified NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam with the minimum qualifying percentile specified by the regulatory authorities.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit for NEET counseling is 17 years, and the maximum age limit is 25 years for general category candidates. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects from a recognized board.
- Domicile: Candidates must fulfill the domicile requirements specified by the state or college they are applying for.
- Reservation Category: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH category must have a valid certificate issued by a competent authority.
It is important to note that these criteria may vary depending on the state and college. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the official website of the respective authority for detailed eligibility criteria.
NEET Counselling 2023 Schedule
|Event Names||Tentative Dates|
|Round 1 for All India Quota/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||2nd week of June 2023|
|Registration and Choice Filling||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||3rd week of June 2023|
|Allotment Result||Fourth week of June 2023|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Till 1st week of July 2023|
|Round 2 for All India Quota/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||1st week of July 2023|
|Registration and Choice Filling||1st week of July 2023|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||2nd week of July 2023|
|Allotment Result||2nd week of July 2023|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||3rd week of July 2023|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the respective states||Fourth week of July 2023|
|Mop-Up Round for Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||2nd week of August 2023|
|Registration and Choice Filling||2nd week of August 2023|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||3rd week of August 2023|
|Allotment Result||3rd week of August 2023|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Fourth week of August 2023|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the respective Institutes||Fourth week of August 2023|
NEET Counselling 2023 Procedure
The counselling of NEET 2023 will start with the registration process. Candidates can check the procedure of NEET 2023 counselling.
Registration: Applicants will be asked to register for the counselling process online, the link to the same will be enabled as and when the process starts. In this step, candidates will be required to submit their personal and academic information. Note that the details should be the ones filled in the NEET application 2023.
Counselling Fee Payment: After successful registration, applicants will be asked to submit the non-refundable NEET 2023 application fee. The fee can be paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking. Candidates can check the NEET counselling fee 2023 in the table given below-
NEET 2023 Counselling Process
NEET counseling is conducted in multiple rounds by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for admission into undergraduate medical, dental, and allied courses offered by various colleges in India. The following is the step-by-step process of NEET counseling:
- Online Registration: Candidates who have qualified NEET exam must register themselves on the official website of MCC for NEET counseling.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Candidates must fill their preferred choices of courses and colleges as per their rank and category. They must carefully fill their choices and lock them before the deadline.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the candidate’s NEET rank, category, and the choices filled, seats will be allotted in the order of merit. The result of seat allotment will be published on the official website of MCC.
- Reporting to the allotted college: Candidates who have been allotted a seat must report to the allotted college within the specified time, submit the required documents, and pay the admission fee to confirm their seat.
- Subsequent Rounds: Candidates who do not get a seat in the first round of NEET counseling may participate in the subsequent rounds of counseling.
- Mop-Up Round: After the completion of all the rounds of counseling, a mop-up round is conducted for the remaining vacant seats.
NEET 2023 Counselling Fee
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
15% AQI/ Central Universities
Refundable Tuition Fee
15% AQI/ Central Universities
Required Documents for NEET 2023 Counselling
The following are the required documents for NEET counseling:
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Class 10th and 12th Mark Sheets
- Class 10th and 12th Passing Certificates
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport-size Photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
It is important to note that these documents may vary depending on the state and college. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the official website of the respective authority for detailed document requirements. Candidates must carry all the original documents and their photocopies for verification during counseling.
NEET Seat Allotment Result
After each round of counselling, the seat allotment result will be declared. NEET counselling results, released in the form of the seat allotted list and seat allotment letter, will disclose the seat allotted to the candidates. Applicants can check their name, roll number., allotted reserved category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota & course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college/ university with other mandatory certificates.
NEET 2023 Counselling Top Colleges
NEET 2023 counseling will be conducted for admission to undergraduate medical, dental, and allied courses offered by various colleges in India. The following are some of the top colleges that participate in NEET counseling:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- King George’s Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore.
It is important to note that the list of top colleges may vary depending on the candidate’s preferences, ranking, and category. Candidates are advised to carefully research the colleges and their courses before filling in their choices during counseling.
Contact details for NEET 2023 Counselling
The following are the contact details for NEET 2023 Counseling:
- For general queries related to NEET counseling, candidates can contact the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) through the following channels:
- Website: https://mcc.nic.in
- Helpline Number: 011-40759000, 011-26560464
- Email: [email protected]
- For queries related to state-level NEET counseling, candidates can contact the respective state authority. The contact details can be found on the official website of the respective state authority.
It is important to note that candidates must check the official website of the respective authority for the latest contact details and updates regarding NEET counseling.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates who will be allotted a seat will be asked to report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. While reporting to the seat allotted college, applicants must submit the original copy of the required certificates which can be are listed below-
NEET 2021 Admit Card
NEET Scorecard or Rank Letter
Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
Eight passport size photographs
Provisional Allotment Letter
Caste Certificate (if applicable)
PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Check the NEET Counselling and Seat Allotment 2021 Details
Here, we have given the details about the NEET Counselling & Seat Allotment 2023. So, visit once in this article and if you have any confusion give a comment via the comment box or go for the official website. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.
What is NEET?
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate medical, dental, and allied courses in India.
When will NEET 2023 be conducted?
The dates for NEET 2023 have not been announced yet. However, the exam is usually conducted in the month of May.
What is the eligibility criteria for NEET 2023?
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2023 are as follows:
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects.
Candidates must have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
There is no upper age limit for NEET.
Candidates must have qualified NEET with the minimum qualifying percentile specified by the regulatory authorities.
What is the mode of NEET exam?
The NEET exam is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
What is the syllabus for NEET 2023?
The syllabus for NEET 2023 includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English from the 10+2 level.
How to apply for NEET 2023?
Candidates can apply for NEET 2023 online through the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
What is the duration of the NEET exam?
The duration of the NEET exam is 3 hours.
What is the marking scheme for NEET 2023?
For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded, and for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.