IGNOU MBA Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023: Check out the details of IGNOU MBA Admissions 2023 Application Form, Registration, Date, Eligibility, Fee, Selection Process. Candidates will be offered admissions in Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) based on the OPENMAT entrance exam conducted by the University. The Entrance exam will be conducted twice in a year. The University offers Undergraduate (इग्नू एमबीए सिलेबस), Postgraduate, Doctoral Degrees in Management Courses. Eligible candidates can apply for the application form before the last date.
Candidates are requested to fill the application form on the official website. Go through this article, for details about the IGNOU MBA admission process. In this, all the details are completely related to the IGNOU. You can view or download the IGNOU MBA Syllabus 2023 PDF is also available on this page.
Also, read the following links for better information on the Entrance Test Topics.
- IGNOU MBA Question Papers – Download in PDF
- IGNOU MBA Answer Key/ Solutions – Download in PDF
- IGNOU MBA Results – Cutoff & Merit List
IGNOU MBA Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 – Important Dates
|Events||OPENMAT (XLIV)||OPENMAT (XLV)|
|Last Date to submit the application form||2nd week of March 2023||3rd week of December 2023|
|1st session begins||To be announced||To be announced|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of November 2023 (1st Sem)|
Last week of May 2023 (2nd Sem)
|Last week of May 2023 (1st Sem)|
Last week of November 2023 (2nd Sem)
|2nd session begins||To be announced||To be announced|
|Exam Date||3rd week of September 2023||1st week of March 2023|
About Indira Gandhi Open University
Indira Gandhi National Open University known as IGNOU is a Central University located at Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, India.
IGNOU is run by the central govt of India, and with a total active enrollment of over four million students, claims to be the largest university in the world.
IGNOU offers 226 academic programs comprising courses at certificate, diploma and degree levels.
IGNOU MBA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have completed their bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in any discipline from recognized University.
- Candidates of the final year are also eligible to apply.
- There are no age restrictions for admissions in IGNOU.
- Candidates should be qualified in the OPENMAT entrance exam.
IGNOU MBA Syllabus 2023
- Management Functions and Behaviour
- Management of Human Resources
- Economic and Social Environment
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Management of Machines and Materials
- Marketing for Managers
- Information Systems for Managers
- Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
- Managerial Economics
- Organisational Design, Development & Change
- Strategic Management
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Research Methodology for Management Decisions
- Project Work (equivalent to two courses)
- Management of Public Enterprises (or)
- Management of New and Small Enterprises (or)
- Technology Management (or)
- Total Quality Management
- international Business
IGNOU MBA 2023 Exam Papers & Subjects
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) MBA program is a two-year distance education program that aims to provide students with a strong foundation in business management.
Here are the subjects that are covered in the IGNOU MBA program:
- Management Functions and Behaviour (MBA 101)
- Accounting and Finance for Managers (MBA 102)
- Managerial Economics (MBA 103)
- Human Resource Management (MBA 104)
- Marketing Management (MBA 105)
- Operations Management (MBA 106)
- Business Communication (MBA 107)
- Business Law (MBA 108)
- Management Information System (MBA 201)
- Operations Research (MBA 202)
- Financial Management (MBA 203)
- Marketing Research (MBA 204)
- Corporate Environment (MBA 205)
- International Business (MBA 206)
- Management of Public Enterprises (MBA 207)
- Management of Small Enterprises (MBA 208)
- Project Management (MBA 209)
- Management of Services (MBA 210)
- Management of Technology and Innovation (MBA 211)
- Strategic Management (MBA 212)
As for exam papers, IGNOU conducts term-end examinations (TEE) for MBA students twice a year in June and December. The exam pattern usually includes a combination of objective and subjective questions, and students are required to pass in both theory and practical components of each subject. Previous years’ question papers are available on the IGNOU website or can be obtained from the study centers.
IGNOU MBA Exam Pattern 2023
- General Awareness: 30 Questions
- English Language: 50 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude: 50 Questions
- Reasoning: 70 Questions
In the OPENMAT examination, there are 200 questions to be solved in 180 minutes. So for the above sections like General Awareness, don’t spend a lot of time thinking of answers. If you are unable to answer a question in the 1st reading, simply leave the question & move to the next question.
Attempt all questions you know and then try for the questions you are doubtful questions. In this way, you can save a lot of time & attempt the max no of questions. There is no negative marking in the OPENMAT examination.
IGNOU MBA 2023 Exam Duration, marks
The duration of IGNOU MBA exams varies depending on the course and the number of credits assigned to it. Generally, IGNOU MBA exams are conducted for 3 hours.
The maximum marks for each subject in IGNOU MBA is 100, out of which 70 marks are allocated for the term-end examination (TEE), and 30 marks are allocated for assignments, practicals, and projects.
It is important to note that the weightage of marks for the TEE may vary from course to course. It is recommended to check the specific course details for the exact exam duration and marks distribution.
Indira Gandhi National Open University MBA 2023 Negative Marking Scheme
As per the information available on the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), there is no negative marking scheme for the MBA program.
According to the university’s guidelines, for each correct answer, a student will be awarded one mark, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
However, it is advisable for students to attempt only those questions which they are confident about, as attempting all questions may not always be the best strategy.
It is always recommended to read the instructions carefully before attempting any examination to have a better understanding of the marking scheme and other guidelines.
Download the IGNOU MBA Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF
IGNOU MBA 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
What is the duration of the IGNOU MBA program?
The duration of the IGNOU MBA program is two and a half years.
What are the eligibility criteria for admission to the IGNOU MBA program?
The eligibility criteria for admission to the IGNOU MBA program are:
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks for general category candidates and 45% marks for reserved category candidates.
Candidates who have passed the final examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI), or Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) are also eligible to apply.
What is the syllabus of the IGNOU MBA program?
The syllabus of the IGNOU MBA program includes the following courses:
1. Foundation Courses
2. Compulsory Courses
3. Specialization Courses
4. Elective Courses
What is the exam pattern of the IGNOU MBA program?
The exam pattern of the IGNOU MBA program includes:
1.Term-end examinations (TEE) conducted twice a year.
2. Assignments that need to be submitted before the TEE.
3. Project work that needs to be submitted before the end of the final semester.
What are the specialization courses offered in the IGNOU MBA program?
The specialization courses offered in the IGNOU MBA program are:
1. Human Resource Management (HRM)
3. Operations Management (OM)
4. Marketing Management (MM)
5. Financial Markets Practice (FMP)
6. Management Accounting & Financial Strategies (MAFS)
Is there any age limit for admission to the IGNOU MBA program?
No, there is no age limit for admission to the IGNOU MBA program.
In this article, we have given the information about the IGNOU MBA Exam Syllabus (इग्नू एमबीए परीक्षा पैटर्न) and Exam Pattern 2023. And if you have any query give a comment via comment section or go for the official site. Please share this web portal to know all the MBA Entrance Examinations in different universities.