Prepare UPSC Tamil: Check out How to Prepare UPSC Tamil Optional subject 2021 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Tamil Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2021 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Tamil optional Paper. UPSC has already announced IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates (यूपीएससी तमिल भाषा का पेपर). Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Tamil optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Tamil Optional Subject
Tamil is a reasonably popular literature optional subject taken by IAS aspirants. It also sees a decently high success rate. Tamil is a well-known choice in the UPSC Civil Services examination. The syllabus of Tamil literature optional is well defined. This meticulously designed syllabus is the main attraction of this optional. The popularity of Tamil Language as an optional subject has risen as the aspirants cracked the UPSC IAS examination with a high score. The success-rate of the Literature of Tamil Language is comparatively very high among all subjects. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below subjects with the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Tamil paper consists of 250 marks. The duration for each Tamil language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Tamil syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Tamil Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains 2021 Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Tamil
To prepare UPSC Tamil Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Check – UPSC Mains Tamil Reference Books
Recommended books for Tamil:
- Tamil ilakkiya varalaru – Madhu Sa. Vimalanandam
- Oppilakkiya kotpaadu – Ka.Na.Kailasapathy
- Naatupura iyal aaivu – Su.Sakthivel
- Ulaga sevviyal mozhigalin varisaiyil tamil – V.C. Kulandaisamy
- Valluvar padaikkum vaiyathu sorkkam – V.C. Kulandaisamy
- Tamil mozhiyum varalarum – Devira
- Tamil thiranaaivum panpaadum – Devira
- Tamizhar valartha azhagu kalaigal – Mayilai seeni Vengadasamy
- Ithazhiyal – Su. Sakthivel
- Tholkappiar kanda samudaayam – Dr. Natesan
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Tamil Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Punjabi Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, you can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Tamil (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Tamil Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Tamil Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Tamil Important Topics
Tamil Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Important topics in Paper I are History of Tamil Language, History of Tamil Literature, Devotional literature, Recent trends in Tamil Studies, Folk literature in Tamil, Cultural Heritage of the Tamils. Paper-II will require first-hand reading of the Text prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidate and main fields to refer are Ancient Literature, Epic Literature, Poetry, Prose, Folk Literature
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Tamil Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Tamil Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Tamil Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Tamil?
Candidates with a good command over the language can take up this subject. Another factor that will ease up the preparation process is a genuine interest in it. It is recommended that if you don’t have any background in Tamil, do not take up this optional. if the aspirants have good command over the Tamil language, then they can opt Tamil literature as their optional subject. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Tamil 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Tamil optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Tamil optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Tamil to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Tamil also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Tamil Optional subject – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives detailed information about the tips for the preparation (यूपीएससी तमिल पेपर) of the UPSC 2021 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.