Check out UPSC Mains English Reference Books 2023 for Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IES exams. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Notification 2022 and UPSC Mains English Question Papers 2021, 2020, 2019. Now we are providing UPSC Mains English books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2022 exam. Following are the English books are in Hindi medium and English. In our next article, we’ll provide UPSC Mains English Notes in pdf.
Also Check :
- UPSC Mains English Syllabus
- UPSC Mains English Previous Question Papers [2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013]
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Topics – IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
Content in this Article
IAS Mains English Exam Date 2023
IAS Mains Exam Update 2022: The Civil Services IAS Mains Exam will be held in September 2022. The Exam will be in two sessions, the morning session will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM while the evening sessions will be held between 12 PM and 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains English Exam 2022 will be held on 16th September 2022.
For more details about UPSC Exam Schedule, Date & Time
UPSC Mains English Reference Books 2023
Here we have given the list of Reference Books of UPSC Mains English. Refer these books for your preparation. These reference materials are very useful to the UPSC aspirants. The reference books are helpful for both Prelims and Mains Exam of UPSC. The best IAS books can vary from candidate to candidate depending on their previous expertise and knowledge of the subject matter.
- English Literature by Long- Buy from Amazon.in
- CBSE-UGC-NET-English Guide (Paper II and III): Paper II & III (Popular Master Guide) by H. S. Bhatia- Buy from Amazon.in
- The Concise Oxford Companion to English Literature (Oxford Quick Reference) by Dinah Birch- Buy from Amazon.in
- An Outline History Of English Literature by Hudson W H- Buy from Amazon.in
- Short History Of English Literature by Nayar- Buy from Amazon.in
- UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) ENGLISH LITERATURE Paper II & III by Arihant Experts- Buy from Amazon.in
- An Objective History of English Literature Through Multiple Choice Questions (UGC-NET/SLET, TGT & PGT) by Dr. B. B. Jain- Buy from Amazon.in
- Trueman’s UGC NET English Literature by B. P. Panigrahi- Buy from Amazon.in
- UGC NET/JRF/SET English Literature (Paper-II) by Dr. B. B. Jain- Buy from Amazon.in
About English Subject in UPSC Mains Exam
UPSC English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England and is now a global lingua franca. Named after the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes that migrated to England, it ultimately derives its name from the Anglia (Angeln) peninsula in the Baltic Sea. It is closely related to the Frisian languages, but its vocabulary has been significantly influenced by other Germanic languages particularly Norse (a North Germanic language), as well as by Latin and Romance languages, particularly French.
Why UPSC Reference Books / Suggested Books are Important
UPSC Reference Books can provide general background information (facts, definitions, dates, details), assistance in focusing your topic, quick access to important factual and statistical information, and references to other sources of information. It is, therefore, a good place to begin your research. Reference materials for UPSC IAS / IFS / IPS / IES Exams include almanacs, handbooks, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. To Prepare, UPSC Exams students should refer some suggested books by toppers. We’ve provided a few recommended books for IAS Preparation. These are books suggested by IAS Toppers.
View & Get the complete set of Reference Books for IAS Mains English subject 2022. We’ve provided the list of recommended books for IAS Mains English Paper. Share this article “UPSC Mains English Reference Books 2023 – IAS / IPS / IES” to other UPSC IAS / IES / IFS Aspirants and help them to crack UPSC Exams.