Check out the latest updates of Thapar University B.Tech 2020 Application Form, Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates & Counselling. Thapar University invites applications for BE/B.Tech Programs for the academic year 2020. Various Courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, MA Psychology and Integrated BE-MBA, Ph.D. are offered by the University. Admissions to BE/BTech Programs will be based on JEE Main & NEET Scores 2020 (थापर विश्वविद्यालय B.Tech आवेदन पत्र). Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Counselling Process. Candidates need to check their eligibility before applying for the admissions. Eligible candidates should fill the application forms on the official website of the University before the last ends. Through this article, you will get to know the details such as Admission Dates, etc.
Also, read the following links for better information on the following Topics.
- GEEE Admissions, Application Form, Registration, Fee, Date, Eligibility, Counselling
- HP CET Admissions, Application Form, Registration, Fee, Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Counselling
Content in this Article
About Thapar University
Thapar University B.Tech: Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, previously known as Thapar University, is an institute deemed to be university, in Patiala. It was founded in 1956 by Karam Chand Thapar. The institute has been granted full autonomy and the status of deemed-to-be-university by the University Grants Commission.
The institute offers undergraduate programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree and postgraduate programs leading to Master of Engineering (M.E.), Master of Software Engineering, Master of Technology (M.Tech.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), and Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) degrees.
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology offers Bachelor of Technology programs in various fields as well as dual-degree B.Tech-cum-MBA programs. The admission to these programs is done through Joint Entrance Examination – Mains as well as through Lateral Entry (LEET).
The bachelor programs include –
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics – Instrumentation and Control
- Electronics Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical – Production
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology also offers admissions to postgraduate programs awarding ME MTech, MCA, M.Sc., MA and Ph.D.
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology was ranked 801-1000 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018 and 251-300 in Asia. The QS World University Rankings of 2018 ranked it 210 in Asia. In India, the university ranked 10th among engineering colleges by India Today in 2017, 19 by Outlook India in 2017. The National Institutional Ranking Framework has ranked 20 among engineering institutions in 2018, 33 among universities and 50 overall.
Thapar University B.Tech Application Form 2020 – IEP Dates
|B.E/B.Tech||LEET, M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc/M.A, PG Diploma|
|Last date to apply for application||29th Apr 2019||LEET – 15th Jun 2019 M.Sc,MCA,M.E/M.Tech/M.A, PG Diploma (Professional) In Clinical and Counselling Psychology: 30th Jun 2019.|
|Date of test qualifying||On the basis of JEE Main||Offline Tests conducted by TIET|
LEET: 23rd Jun 2019
M.E/M.Tech (for programs offered by CSED, CED, MED, ECED): 10th Jul 2019
|Result display||15th May 2019||LEET: 3rd Jul 2019|
ME/MTech: 15th Jul 2019
|Counselling Commenced||6th May 2019||LEET: 19th Jul 2019 ME/MTech: 17th-18th Jul 2019|
Previous Year Dates
|Events||Information & Dates|
|Name of the University||Thapar University of Engineering & Technology|
|Admissions based on||JEE Main & NEET Scores|
|Last Date to receive applications (BE/BTech Programs)||April 29, 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University B.Tech
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 from any recognized Board with 60% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates should be qualified in JEE Main & NEET Scores.
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Click on “Apply Online”.
- Click on New Registration.
- Enter the details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Email ID, Phone Number, etc.
- After the registration part is completed, the applicants will be provided with a new User ID and Password.
- Login with the credentials and fill the remaining application part such as Educational Qualification, Caste, Address.
- Upload Scanned Photo & Signature, Thhum impression in prescribed size.
- Upload the required documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Make the fee payment through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or Demand Draft.
The Application Fee details are as follows :
|Category||The fee to be paid|
|For all Categories||Rs 1500/-|
Thapar University B.Tech: Online Counselling will be held in two Modes. Mode 1 (only 70% seats on the basis of JEE Main Merit) and Mode 2 (only 30% seats on 10+2 Merit Base). In the below table, we have mentioned the Dates of Counselling :
|Declaration of 1st list of Selected Candidates||May 15, 2019|
|Depositing Fee and Entry in Fee Confirmation Slip||May 16 – May 23, 2019|
|Display of 2nd list of Selected Candidates||May 27, 2019|
|Depositing Fee and Entry in Fee Confirmation Slip||May 28 – June 5, 2019|
|Display of 3rd list of selected candidates||June 11, 2019|
|1st round of counselling for Mode-2 for 30% of seats on the basis of 10+2 PCM merit||June 24 – 25, 2019|
|1st round of counselling for Mode-1 for 70% of seats on the basis of JEE Main 2019 merit||July 10 – 11, 2019|
|2nd round of counselling for Mode-2 for 30% of seats on the basis of 10+2 PCM merit||July 13, 2019|
|3rd round of counselling for Mode-2 for 30% of seats on the basis of 10+2 PCM merit VII.||July 31, 2019|
|4th round of counselling for Mode-2 for 30% of seats on the basis of 10+2 PCM merit||August 07, 2019|
Candidates must bring original certificates and set of attested copies of all certificates for verification Process
Documents required at the Counselling Process :
- Copy of filled downloaded Application form
- 10+2 /diploma/graduation/post-graduation DMC
- Matriculation/Higher Secondary Certificate showing Date of Birth
- Result Card of Entrance Exam
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate as per ANNEXURE-III
- Reserved Category Certificate on the prescribed proforma (as per ANNEXURE-I or
- ANNEXURE-II as applicable) and signed from the competent authority (if applicable)
- The affidavit required in case of discontinuity of studies as per ANNEXURE-IX
- Affidavit of Anti-Ragging by a student (ANNEXURE-XII) and parents (ANNEXURE-XI)
- Affidavit of Anti-Alcohol/Drug Abuse by a student (ANNEXURE-XIV) and parents (ANNEXURE-XIII)
- Migration Certificate
- Income Certificate as per ANNEXURE-VII
- Checklist Proforma
- Affidavit as per ANNEXURE-XV by students having Punjab Residency certificate and have done their 10+2 from outside Punjab.
Hope this article will be useful for the candidates to know about Thapar University B.Tech Admission (थापर विश्वविद्यालय बी.टेकप्रवेश) 2020 Application Form, Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Dates & Counselling. If you have any queries, please mention it in the comment box. Share this article with your friends. Click on allow notifications options on our website to get the latest updates of Exam Updates.