ONGC Scholarship, as the nation’s pioneer Oil and Gas Company, has been making a great impact on India’s economy and society. Its contribution to including and able growth has made a difference in the lives of many. With the ability to impact and socially transforming the lives of the rights, ONGC has created a trust, ONGC Foundation with the judgment to undertake, increase and facilitate activities, opportunities, and projects relating to corporate social responsibility. Here in this article, we are providing the details of the ONGC Scholarship. In this article, we also provide the details of the Eligibility Criteria of the ONGC Scholarship, Online Application Form of the ONGC Scholarship, Documents required for the ONGC Scholarship, Last date of the ONGC Scholarship, and much more information and details are provided here. So read this article till the end to get the valuable information which is related to the ONGC Scholarship.
ONGC Scholarship 2021
ONGC Foundation and ONGC are working across many states in India, taking the development space to its peak by providing the excellence in the desire to promote the welfare of others through its program implementation in many social domains on education, health, skill development and livelihood, environment and social institution building and more. Students who are waiting or interested to apply for this scholarship can check the details which are given below in the tabular form.
|National Government of India
|Name of the Scholarship
|1st class to higher education
|Will be informed in the details
|Last date to Apply
|15th October 2020
|Mode of Application
ONGC Scholarship Rewards
ONGC Foundation is driven to strengthen the relationship with the communities to help finance their needs by eliminating the quality to its best. ONGC Foundation will continue to make great efforts to work closely with its stakeholders and communities in its search of development a responsible future. There are three types of scholarships according to the scholarships and eligibility criteria the Government is providing many rewards to the students. The following is an overview of the rewards according to the different scholarships given below.
- The Amount of scholarship Rs.48,000 per annum to each scholar Rs.4,000 per month
ONGC Scholarship Schemes
Firstly students who are applying for this ONGC Scholarship should know the schemes under ONGC, for which schemes they are applying for the scholarship. There are three different schemes under this ONGC Scholarship. The following are names of the schemes which are under ONGC scholarship are given below in the following.
- ONGC Scholarship for Economically weaker General category
- ONGC Scholarship for OBC category students
- ONGC Scholarship for Meritorious SC/ST students
ONGC Scholarship Important Dates
Students who are applying for the ONGC Scholarship should check the starting and ending dates of the scholarship. The following are the important dates of the ONGC Scholarship which is given below in the tabular form.
|Start Date of ONGC Scholarship
|Last Date of ONGC Scholarship
|15th October 2019
|Declaration of Final List of Scholarship
|10th December 2019
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students who are applying for the ONGC Scholarship should know the details of eligibility criteria regarding schemes under the ONGC Scholarship. The following are points to be remembered while applying for the ONGC scholarship under different schemes which are given below.
- Students who are applying for the scholarship are eligible for the ONGC Scholarship should belong to the Indian Nationality.
- Students who are belonging to the SC/ST categories are only eligible for this ONGC Scholarship.
- The student who is currently pursuing in the first year of Engineering/MBBS or first year of MBA/Master in Geology/Geophysics at an AICTE/UGC/MCI/State University/State Education Board/Central University/Central Government institution.
- The students who are applying for this scholarship should pass the last qualifying studies in the 60% marks. For Engineering / MBBS program the students must have passed the class 12th examination with 60% marks. For MBA / Masters in Geology / Geophysics, the students must have passed graduation with 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA in a 10 point scale of the grading system.
- The annual income of the family should be less than 4.50 Lakh per annum from all sources.
- The Age limit Maximum of an applicant should be 30yrs as of 1st November of the current academic year.
Documents Required for the ONGC Scholarship
The following are the details of documents to be submitted while applying for the ONGC Scholarship. The required documents for the ONGC Scholarship are given below students should check them before you apply for the scholarship.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Caste certificate
- Date of birth certificate for Age proof
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Income certificate
- Bank Account details
- PAN card
Terms and Conditions for the ONGC Scholarship
The following are the terms and conditions for the ONGC scholarship under the scheme Economically Weaker in General Category which is given below.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or six grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination.
- Examination to make sure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The selected candidate must not be helped by the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
- OBC caste certificate issued by the ability of government authorities is to be accommodated.
- Students belonging to other categories OBC, SC/ST shall apply in their respective schemes as and when announced by the Government and not under this scheme.
- The scholarship is acceptable for full-time, regular courses only.
- Students must make sure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely be changed later after selection for the ONGC Scholarship.
- Active Mobile Number and Email are requested to be provided for the Scholarship.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the College/Institute/University in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
- The student shall be eligible for the ONGC Scholarship scheme if selected, as per the eligibility criteria only for one course of study once in a lifetime.
- The decision of the ONGC Foundation with regard to selection will be final. No communication in the selection process will be a consideration.
- ONGC Foundation has the freedom to change or discontinue the scholarship without any important or previous notice.
- The reward of the scholarship shall not grant any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
- In case, any information declared at the time of initial online application is found incorrect during an examination or thereafter, the application of such candidates shall be summarily rejected.
- Submission of false or carried out bad information shall be a stop and such students shall be barred from applying thereafter for ONGC Scholarship and reported to their Institution authorities. An including the list of such debarred students will be maintained to identify any resubmission of an application for coming years.
How To Apply For ONGC Scholarship
The following are steps to be remembered while applying for the scholarships which are given below.
- Go and visit the official website of the ONGC Scholarship
- Click here for the ONGC Scholarship
- Click for Apply Scholarship
- Enter the details of the applicant
- Click on submit/register
- Take a printout copy of the Application form
The following are the contact details of the ONGC scholarship which are given below for the students if they are having queries can contact this address.
#3012, 3rd Floor,
Deen Dayal Urja Bhavan,
5, Nelson Mandela Marg,
New Delhi 110070
Email Id:[email protected]
Telephone Number:-011-26753125, 011-26753132
Students who are having doubts or queries can comment in the comment box which is given below. We will reach to clarify your queries. For more information or details students can click on “Notify Me” or “Notify Me through Email”. For more information, about the ONGC Scholarship students can visit the official website.