JNU CEEB Counselling 2023: Students who wish to pursue PG courses from Jawaharlal Nehru University will have to clear the JNU CEEB Counselling 2023. The counselling procedure for JNU CEEB will begin after the announcement of the JNU CEEB 2023 Examination Result (जेएनयू सीईईबी काउंसलिंग).
The selection will purely depend on the basis of the selection list declared by JNU along with the student’s preferences/choices. It is to bring into notice that if any student has not mentioned his or her choice for joining a particular university, his or her name will not be treated for that JNU University. Aspirants can make their preferences in accordance with the number of seats available.
In this, all the information is similar to Jawaharlal Nehru University. You can check the JNU CEEB Counselling details and Seat Allotment information is also available on this page.
- JNU CEEB Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Download
- JNU CEEB Question Papers – Download in PDF
- JNU CEEB Anwer Key/Solutions – Download in PDF
About JNU CEEB Counselling 2023 – Overview
Jawaharlal Nehru University is the foremost university in India and a world-renowned centre for teaching and research. Ranked number one in India by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a Grade Point of 3.91 (on a scale of 4), JNU was ranked no 3 among all universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, Government of India, in 2016 and no 2 in 2017. JNU also received the Best University Award from the President of India in 2017.
Still, a young university, established by an act of Parliament in 1966, the strength, energy, and reputation of Jawaharlal Nehru University result from the vision that ideas are a field for adventure, experimentation and unceasing quest, and that diversity of opinions are the basis for intellectual exploration. JNU is the place for the intellectually restless, the insatiably curious, and the mentally rigorous, giving them the space to grow amidst the calmness of an oasis, a green lung within the hustle and bustle and the crowds of the capital city of India.
JNU CEEB Counselling Dates 2023
Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (JNU CEEB) is conducted annually by Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi for admission to M.Sc. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology, M.Tech. (Biotechnology), and M.V.Sc. courses.
Here are the important dates for JNU CEEB Counselling 2023:
- Release of online application form – March 11, 2023
- Last date for online application submission – April 3, 2023
- Correction in the application form – April 7 to 8, 2023
- Admit card release – April 19, 2023
- JNU CEEB 2022 Exam Date – May 22, 2022
- Release of Answer key – May 2023
- Declaration of result – To be announced.
JNU CEEB Counselling Eligibility 2023
Candidates who qualify in the JNU CEEB 2023 examination are eligible to participate in the counselling process. The eligibility criteria for JNU CEEB counselling are as follows:
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. For SC/ST/PH category candidates, the minimum required marks are 50%.
- Valid Score Card: Candidates must have a valid scorecard of JNU CEEB 2023. Only those candidates who have secured a minimum qualifying score in the JNU CEEB 2023 examination will be considered for admission.
- Meeting Cut-off Requirements: Candidates must meet the cut-off requirements for the program they have applied for. The cut-off marks will be released by JNU after the declaration of results.
- Documents: Candidates must have all the required documents as per the JNU CEEB 2022 guidelines. These include the original mark sheets of all the qualifying exams, caste/ category certificate (if applicable), and other relevant documents.
- Verification: Candidates must successfully clear the document verification process during the counselling process. If any discrepancies are found during document verification, the candidate’s candidature will be canceled.
JNU CEEB Counselling Process 2023
The JNU CEEB counselling process typically involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates who qualify for the JNU CEEB exam must register for the counselling process by filling the online registration form on the official website. Candidates must pay the required counselling fee to complete the registration process.
- Choice Filling and Locking: After registration, candidates must fill their choice of course and college based on their rank in the JNU CEEB exam. Candidates must also lock their choices before the deadline.
- Document Verification: Candidates must bring all the required documents for verification at the designated counselling center. The documents will be verified by the authorities, and if any discrepancies are found, the candidate’s candidature will be canceled.
- Seat Allotment: The seat allotment will be based on the candidate’s rank, the choices filled by the candidate, and the availability of seats in the respective college and course.
- Payment of Admission Fee: After the seat allotment, candidates must pay the admission fee to confirm their admission. If a candidate fails to pay the admission fee before the deadline, their allotted seat will be given to the next candidate in the merit list.
- Reporting to the College: After paying the admission fee, candidates must report to the allotted college to complete the admission process. Candidates must carry all the required documents and payment receipts for admission.
JNU CEEB Counselling Fee 2023
The counselling fee for JNU CEEB 2022 is Rs. 1,000 for General and OBC candidates and Rs. 500 for SC, ST, and PH candidates. The counselling fee is non-refundable and must be paid at the time of registration for the counselling process.
Candidates can pay the counselling fee through online mode using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. After successful payment of the counselling fee, candidates will receive a confirmation message on their registered mobile number and email.
It is important to note that the counselling fee is separate from the admission fee, which must be paid by the candidates after the seat allotment process. The admission fee varies for different courses and colleges and will be notified by the respective colleges at the time of admission.
Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the payment receipt and other relevant documents for future reference.
Required Documents for JNU CEEB Counselling 2023
Candidates are required to carry the following documents for the JNU CEEB counselling process:
- JNU CEEB Admit Card: The admit card is a mandatory document that must be carried to the counselling center. It contains important information such as the candidate’s name, roll number, photograph, and signature.
- JNU CEEB Scorecard: Candidates must carry the JNU CEEB scorecard along with the admit card. The scorecard contains the candidate’s marks and rank in the JNU CEEB examination.
- Educational Qualification Certificates: Candidates must carry the original and photocopies of their educational qualification certificates such as 10th, 12th, and graduation mark sheets.
- Category/Caste Certificate: Candidates belonging to the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) must carry their category/caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Income Certificate: Candidates claiming reservation under the EWS category must carry their income certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Medical Certificate: Candidates claiming reservation under the PH category must carry their medical certificate issued by a recognized medical authority.
- Passport-size Photographs: Candidates must carry passport-size photographs (recent and colored) for verification purposes.
- Counselling Fee Receipt: Candidates must carry the receipt of the counselling fee paid online.
JNU CEEB Counselling, Seat Allotment Results 2023
The JNU CEEB seat allotment results are generally declared online on the official website after each round of counselling. Candidates who have registered for the JNU CEEB counselling process can check their seat allotment status by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JNU CEEB (www.jnu.ac.in).
- Click on the “Admission” tab on the homepage and select “CEEB 2022” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the link for “JNU CEEB Seat Allotment Results”.
- Enter your JNU CEEB roll number and other required details as mentioned.
- Click on the “Submit” button to view the seat allotment status.
- Download and take a printout of the seat allotment letter for future reference.
If a candidate is allotted a seat, they must pay the admission fee before the deadline to confirm their admission. If a candidate fails to pay the admission fee before the deadline, their allotted seat will be given to the next candidate in the merit list.
JNU CEEB Counselling Top Colleges
JNU CEEB is conducted for admission to various courses offered by participating universities and colleges. Here are some of the top colleges participating in JNU CEEB:
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar
- Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi
- Central University of Karnataka, Gulbarga
- Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod
- Central University of Punjab, Bathinda
- Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer
- Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur
These colleges offer various postgraduate courses in disciplines such as Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Molecular Medicine, etc. The admission process, eligibility criteria, and fee structure may vary for each college. Candidates are advised to visit the official website of the respective colleges for more information.
Contact Details for JNU CEEB Counselling
Here are the contact details for JNU CEEB:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +91-11-26704098, 26742575
- Address: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110067, India.
Candidates can contact the JNU CEEB office for any queries or information related to the entrance examination, counselling process, and admission procedure.
What is JNU CEEB?
JNU CEEB stands for Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology. It is an entrance exam conducted for admission to various postgraduate courses in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Molecular Medicine, etc., offered by participating universities and colleges.
Who is eligible to apply for JNU CEEB?
Candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in any discipline of science or agriculture with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) are eligible to apply for JNU CEEB.
What is the application fee for JNU CEEB?
The application fee for JNU CEEB is Rs. 1,180/- for general category candidates and Rs. 590/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
What is the exam pattern for JNU CEEB?
JNU CEEB is a computer-based test consisting of multiple-choice questions. The exam is conducted in two parts – Part A and Part B. Part A comprises of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, whereas Part B comprises of questions from Biotechnology.
What is the selection process for JNU CEEB?
The selection process for JNU CEEB involves a written test followed by a counselling process. Candidates who qualify in the written test will be called for the counselling process based on their merit rank.
What is the counselling fee for JNU CEEB?
he counselling fee for JNU CEEB is Rs. 1000/- for general category candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Is there any reservation for SC/ST/OBC candidates in JNU CEEB?
Yes, there is reservation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the government of India norms.
What are the participating colleges in JNU CEEB?
Some of the top colleges participating in JNU CEEB include Jawaharlal Nehru University, Banaras Hindu University, University of Allahabad, Central University of Gujarat, Central University of Jharkhand, Central University of Karnataka, Central University of Kerala, Central University of Punjab, Central University of Rajasthan, and Central University of Tamil Nadu.
Hope this article is useful for those who are applied for the JNU CEEB Counselling 2023. So, refer the JNU CEEB Counselling 2023 article and if you have any doubts contact via comment section or go for the official website notification. Don’t forget to share this web page with our friends and family.