GATE Scholarship is a scholarship provided to the students who will get a high score in the GATE Examinations. This scholarship is main for the M. Tech students. The scholarship is rewarded on the basis of the Semester Examination of two years. GATE Scholarship is provided by the All India Council for Technical Education, under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development. Today here in this article we are provided the details about the GATE Scholarship. In this article, we are also providing the details such as the Eligibility criteria of the GATE Scholarship, How to apply for the GATE Scholarship, the Last date of Application Form, Documents required for the GATE Scholarship, and much more details. So read the complete article till the end to get information about the GATE Scholarship.
Content in this Article
GATE Scholarship 2021
Students who are eagerly waiting for the details of the GATE Scholarship are provided here in this article. Students who are having a merit score in the GATE Scholarship are only eligible for this scholarship. The following is the overview of the GATE Scholarship which is given below in the tabular form.
|Scholarship By||All India Council for Technical Education, under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development|
|Name of the Scholarship||GATE Scholarship|
|Eligibility||For M. Tech and Ph.D. students|
|Scholarship Amount||Will be informed in the details|
|Last date to Apply||31st Dec 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
GATE Scholarship Rewards
According to the merit session of the GATE Examination of students, the scholarship of the GATE Examination is provided. The following are rewards for the students who had passed the GATE examination are given below the details in the tabular form.
|Scholarship Events||Scholarship Rewards|
|M. Tech||Rs.12,400 per month for 8hrs of work per week|
GATE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students who are have passed the GATE Examination with a merit mark are eligible for the GATE Scholarship. There are some eligibility criteria of the GATE Scholarship who are applying for this scholarship should know the eligibility criteria which are given below as follows.
- All eligible students who are applying for the GATE Scholarship should upload their documents before 15th Dec 2020.
- A Scanned copy of the GATE/GPAT scorecard.
- Scanned copy of the front page of Bank Passbook
- Adhaar Card Xerox Copy
- Adhaar Card should link with the bank account are allowed
- A Scanned copy of the Caste Certificate
- Scanned copy of the valid Category Certificate for SC/ST, OBC & Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) latest
issued by the Competent Authority for OBC candidates only.
GATE Scholarship Not eligibility criteria
Students who are passed the GATE Examination and having merit marks in the GATE Examination should check the details of the not eligible criteria for the GATE Scholarship which is given below as follows.
- No-joint Account, Jan Dhan account, Bank Account having limits on transactions/credits & Joint
- An account is not permitted and is not eligible.
- The bank account should not either be closed or transferred/shifted during the period of course are not eligible.
GATE Scholarship General Instructions for the students
The following are points for the instructions to the students which are given below as follows.
- Students who are qualified only for GATE/GPAT are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Students who are admitted for part-time courses are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Bank account name and student name should be the same
- Joint accounts are not permitted and not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- The student who had applied for the GATE Scholarship must have general savings account in the bank.
- Gate students who are admitted in engineering and architecture program and GPAT candidates admitted in pharmacy program alone are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Admissions before or after GATE/GPAT validity shall not be considered for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Minority OBC students who had qualified under the OBC category are not eligible for the GATE scholarship
- Students who are qualified under SC/ST/OBC NCL/Physically Handicapped not having authentic certificates by the Government are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship.
- GATE/GPAT scholarship shall be given from the date of bringing of classes/date of admission whichever is later to completion of courses/date of submission of a statement
- The GATE/GPAT scholarship will be paid out for a maximum period of 24 months or till completion of courses/date of submission of a statement whichever is earlier.
GATE Scholarship Instructions for attachments
The following are the instructions given by the authority of AICTE which are given below as follows.
- Recent authentic non-minority certificate NCL is required for OBC candidates not more than 1-year old.
- Documents in support of SC/ST/OBC NCL/Physically Handicapped certificate shall be provided by the institute principal or announced by the officer
- SC/ST/OBC NCL/Physically Handicapped certificate should be in Hindi/English otherwise it should be translated and verified in Hindi/English by a notary office or by the principal on institute letterhead. The student shall upload both the original and translated certificate.
- All other attachments shall be self-provided by the student
- Only clear and readable attachments shall be accepted.
Documents Required for the GATE Scholarship
The following are the documents to be submitted for the scholarship who are applying for the GATE Scholarship and who are eligible for them the required documents are given below.
- Adhaar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- GATE Score Card
- Frontpage of Bank passbook
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
How To Apply For the GATE Scholarship
The following are steps to be followed who are eligible for the GATE Scholarship which is given below.
- Go and visit the official website of the GATE Scholarship
- Click here to apply for the GATE Scholarship
- Enter the details of the applicant
- Upload the documents required
- Click on submit
The following are the contact details of the GATE Scholarship head office students who are having doubts can contact the details which are given below.
Nelson Mandela Marg
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
Phone Number:-011-26131576-78,80, 29581000
Students still having doubts can leave your comment in the comment box which is given below. You can stick the check box notify me you will get all the details of the scholarships and others. Students can visit the official website for the information you are searching for.