GATE Application Form 2019 – Online Apply Procedure, Fee, Last Date
GATE Application Form 2019 has released by IIT Guwahati on 31st August 2017. All the eligible candidate can apply GATE 2019 online through GATE official website www.gate.iitg.ac.in. The Application form of GATE for 2019 is available in the Online mode only. Last Date for Submission of (Online) GATE Application (through Website) is 31st August, 2018. In order to submit the GATE 2019 application form, candidates will have to submit the Application Fee for GATE Exam. Check more details about GATE 2019 Application Form – Online Apply Procedure, Fee, Last Date etc at below.
Content in this Article
About GATE 2019
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level test for the candidates who are completed there graduation or pursuing last year in the graduation. This test is regulated jointly by the 7 IITs (Guwahati, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Mumbai, Kanpur, Delhi and Chennai). This year, the exam is organised by the IIT(Indian Institute of Technology) Guwahati.
Related Topics :
- How to Prepare GATE Without Coaching – Self Study Tips
- GATE Exam Pattern 2019
- GATE Reference Books for 2019
GATE Important Dates (Last Date) – 2019
|GATE Application Form Starts from||August 31, 2018|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||September 21, 2018|
|Extended Date for Registration with Late fee||October 1, 2018|
|GATE 2019 Mock Test||3rd week of November, 2018|
|Release of GATE Admit Card||January 4, 2019|
|GATE Exam Date 2019||February 2, 3, 9, 10 of 2019|
|Release GATE 2019 Answer Key||3rd week of February 2019|
|Declaration of Results||March 16, 2019|
GATE 2019 GOAPS – GATE Online Application Processing System
GATE Online Application Processing System is an online portal, in which the account of each candidate is established. The account will be created while candidates submitting the application form. By submitting the Enrollment Id and Password, GATE candidates will be able to access the GATE 2019 Login page .
Previous GATE Important Dates (Last Date)
Here are the due dates for the exam GATE 2018.
|Application Forms available from||31st August, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last date to apply||October 05, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last date of Request for Change in City||November 17, 2017 (Friday)|
|Correction in Application form||Second week of November 2017|
|Admit Card Available on||January 05, 2018 (Friday)|
|Online Exam Date (CBT)||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Declaration of results||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Score Card available on||Last week of May 2018|
GATE 2019 Application Fee
The application fee for GATE 2019 differs category wise. The amount of fee for the candidates opting a center in India and the Foreign nation is as mentioned in the table below.
|If Exam Center is in India|
|Female Candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500|
|If the Exam Center is Outside India|
|If the center is in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50|
|If the center is in Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
Mode to Pay GATE Application Form 2019 Fee: The amount of application fee can only be submitted online. The candidates can either pay it via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
Required Documents & Data to fill GATE Application Form 2019
To Submit the GATE Application form 2019, candidates required the following documents and Data. Keep the documents and data before filling the Application form for GATE Exam.
- Name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number
- Communication address with PIN code
- Qualifying degree information
- College Address with PIN code
- GATE paper Code – Which GATE paper, out of 23, do you want to apply for?
- Preferences of 3 cities for Exam
- Scanned Passport size photograph in High Quality (image format)
- Scanned Signature (High Quality) (image format)
- Degree certificate, mark sheet scanned copies in PDF format
- Caste certificate scanned copy in pdf
- ID proof which you will take to exam hall with GATE 2019 admit card.
Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
Attention while filling The Candidate Name in the GATE Application
Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2019 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
GATE Application Procedure – How To rectify Mistakes (Solutions for Issues)
GOAPS also provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the GATE administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Apply for the examination.
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like qualifying degree certificate/ Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate as applicable.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the Status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
- Download GATE scorecard.
GATE Registration – GOAPS
A candidate must first register by providing Full Name (as per the qualifying degree certificate), a valid e-mail address, mobile number and by choosing a
password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this e-mail address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS).
Give your personal mobile number and e-mail address, because most of the communication will be through e-mail and/or SMS.
GOAPS Enrollment ID
Each GOAPS registered candidate will be provided with an Enrollment ID. Upon registration, an e-mail containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate. This Enrollment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication.
- The candidate has to choose a password during Enrollment at GOAPS.
- This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrollment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly recommended to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
- Keep your password information safe, secure and confidential.
Filling in GATE Application Form 2019
After due registration, GATE application form 2019 must be filled and submitted ONLINE only at GOAPS.
Candidates are discouraged from making application through a third person. If someone else (friend or Internet café person) is filling the GATE application Form 2019 on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct. Based on the earlier experiences, submission through a third person is highly discouraged to ensure an error free application.
GATE Application Form 2019 Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter the data, save partially filled form, logout, and resume filling the form by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user friendly. Additional help information required in filling various fields in the GOAPS portal will also be made available.
Before proceed to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking “Save and View Application” button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form. Once the candidate clicks “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the application can be made.
Problems in Login into GOAPS:
In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow the instructions on the GOAPS portal to retrieve them.
Application Scrutiny and Rectification
All the applications submitted for GATE 2019 examination will be scrutinized for the accuracy of the data, which include uploaded supporting documents, clarity of the photograph and signature. If everything is found to be in order, the application will be accepted. Otherwise, defects in the application will be marked and intimated to the candidate for rectification, which needs to be carried out within a stipulated time.
The status of the application and defects identified in the application will be intimated to the candidates by an e-mail and/or SMS. The current status of an application will be updated after its receipt and scrutiny by the respective zonal GATE offices. The status of your application can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS.
Candidates should act quickly in rectifying the defects in the application and definitely before the stipulated deadline. Failing to rectify the defects within the stipulated time can lead to the rejection of the application and no further communication will be entertained in this regard.
Corrections in the GATE:
Correction of GATE application form 2019 is the main thing. Candidates must check the application form. Within the notification date only candidates has to edit the mistakes in the application form.The following are the fields that has to be modified in GATE
- Small mistakes in the name of the candidate.
- Minor mistakes in the name of the parent/guardian.
- Have to graduated in the above degree(modification in yes or no).
- Year of qualifying degree(minor changes in year).
- Modifications in Gen/OBC.
After the submission of application form there is no chance to edit the form. While in defective forms there is a chance to correct the fields. All the changes required document proof.This changes should done through the students login.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
The GATE score should be valid for three years. Recruitment in many government and private organisations will be based on the gate score.This exam is applied through the online. The dates of the exam are also released. Registration starts from September 1st and the last date is 31st August 2019.
Post-Examination Related Information
Post examination events are as follows:
- After the GATE 2019 examinations, candidates’ responses will be available at GOAPS.
- Answer keys for various GATE 2019 papers will be displayed in GATE 2019 website.
- Candidates may submit their contests on the answer keys provided for a very limited time period against a payment.
- Evaluation of examination papers will be finalized and GATE results (Score) will be announced.
- GATE 2019 scorecard will be made available for the qualified candidates from GOAPS.