Check out How to Prepare GATE Without Coaching by Self Study. GATE 2020 Exam will be conducted on Feb 2020 by IIT Guwahati. You still have 5 months to prepare GATE 2020 Exam, Although it is sufficient only if you are regular with your study plan and preparation strategy (बिना कोचिंग के GATE की तैयारी कैसे करें) to get Double-digit rank. Today we’ve provided GATE Self-study preparation Tips. By following below given tips, without coaching for GATE, you can crack GATE 2020 Exam. Here are some tips that will help you to get a High Score in the GATE exam in the first attempt.
Important Articles :
|About GATE 2020||GATE Notification 2020||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE Question papers||GATE Answer Key||GATE Reference Books|
|GATE Exam Pattern||GATE Online Application 2020||GATE Syllabus|
Content in this Article
Crack GATE Without Coaching – Self Study Tips
Cracking the GATE examination requires proper study strategy, determination and focus. It requires constant efforts towards each subject in clearing up the basic concepts to obtain good marks.
Do’s for GATE Exam
- Prepare easy subject first
- Focus more on 2 mark questions. They boost your Score exponantially
- Keep your fundamentals and concepts clear. The Questions asked in the GATE Exam are mostly based on the fundamental concepts.
- By giving the Mock test you will actually know about question patterns and gain experience.
- Practice as many Mock-tests as you can (that too as per the Standard pattern of the Gate Exam)
- Solve at-least the last 10 years of Previous Papers. It will make you get the idea about the type of questions being asked in the Exam.
Don’ts for GATE Exam
- Don’t lose your hope and confidence in preparation.
- Don’t start your preparation with hard subjects. It may waste your time.
- Don’t waste your time studying stuff that is out of the syllabus.
- Don’t waste your time reading all the books for a single topic.
- Don’t discuss the doubts just before the Exam at the Exam Centre.
GATE Self Study Tips
- Understand that you cannot get 100 marks in GATE 🙂 I think even 90 is a tough ask. Toppers answer around 85-90 marks (of course it depends on the paper’s difficulty, but the general trend is this).
- NEVER OMIT ANY subject. I find most students omit a subject based on the weightage.
- Self-study works, but I would suggest joining a coaching institute if you are unable to understand concepts.
- Aptitude & Maths will make a huge difference in your scores. Around 30 marks (including aptitude) is really easy to score. They are usually less difficult and direct than subject questions.
- Solve as many previous year GATE problems as you can.
- Learn concepts only from standard books
- Use standard books.
- Solve 10–15 Questions Daily.
- Make Your Own Formula Sheet.
Don’t forget these tips ever. These are very important for GATE Exam.
GATE Preparation Plan – Daily Schedule
- 6:00 AM- Wake up and daily works, etc.
- 6:30 AM – 9:00 AM- Study/ revise the old subjects. And practice the previous year gate questions and old workbook questions.
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM- Breakfast
- 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM- Do / Solve Core Subject (relax 5 minutes for every 1 hr.)
- 1:00 AM – 1:30 PM- lunch
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM- Power nap+ strong coffee.(to boost concentration)
- 2:00 PM – 5.00 PM – General Aptitude & Engineering Mathematics
- 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM- Break & Go Outside or play Games
- 6.30 PM – 8.30 PM – Core Subject
- 8:30 PM- 9.30 PM – Relax & Have Dinner
- 9:30 PM – 11:00 PM- Revise the current subject of coaching and solving its problems. or Watch GATE Coaching Videos online
- 11:15 PM – Have Sleep
GATE Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the GATE exam, you can prepare 4-5 hours per day.
|GATE Preparation Plan for All Branches(Before 3 Months)|
|Engineering Mathematics||1 hr daily|
|General Aptitude||1 hr daily|
|Subject questions||2 hrs. daily|
GATE Exam Preparation Plan for 1 month
If you want to prepare the GATE Exam in 1 Month, Yes It is very difficult but not impossible. Still, you can crack the GATE exam with 1 month preparation. Prepare daily 6-8 hours and allot the time for each topic separately.
|GATE Preparation Plan for All Branches (Before 1 Month)|
|Engineering Mathematics||2 hrs daily|
|General Aptitude||2 hrs. daily|
|Subject questions||4 hrs. daily|
How to Prepare GATE Without Coaching
- Start your preparation with at least 4 hours a day and try to extend it up to 10 hours.
- Make separate notes for each subject,
- Don’t waste your time on watching NPTEL Videos.
- Try to solve examples given in reference books by yourself.
- Revision on a regular basis
- Solve at least 10 previous year’s papers
- Mock/practice test at the end
- Prepare according to the syllabus.
- Don’t ignore the maths and the aptitude portion, it’s a scoring area.
- When you finish a subject, go through its previous Year Gate questions. Solve them.
- Revise after you have completed your syllabus. More the better. Notes are helpful at this time.
- Practice till you are comfortable with all the concepts of the subject.
- Discuss a concept. It really helps your understanding.
FREE Study Material is given at the end of the Answer.
download all to start preparing for GATE in a smarter way. Must check the study material at the end of the answer.
GATE PREPARATION STRATEGY
Many students want to know how to get a good rank in gate exam. Believe me, it totally depend on your GATE exam preparation Strategies.
If you have some strategies then it takes a few months to prepare the gate exam.
Many Students also wants to know, Can we prepare for the GATE exam without any coaching?
Yes, you can crack the gate exam in only one month without any coaching.
But only when you have Best Strategies to crack GATE Exam.
Similar Questions asked us about GATE Preparation Strategy
- How can I achieve rank below 100 in GATE without coaching classes?
- Is it possible to get below 1000 rank in GATE without coaching classes?
- Can I totally rely on coaching to secure a rank below 100 in GATE 2020 mechanical?
- Can anyone get below 100 ranks in GATE by taking summer coaching at ACE, Hyderabad?
- Can I get a good ranking in GATE (mechanical) without going to the GATE coaching class?
- How can I get below an AIR of 100 in the GATE 2020 without any coaching?
- Is it possible to achieve a rank below 100 in the GATE exam while having a full-time job?
- How can I get a rank below 100 in GATE 2020 ECE without spending money?
- Can I get rank below 100 on the JAM Chemistry without coaching?
- Is under 60 Rank possible in GATE without joining any coaching classes?
This article titled “How to Prepare GATE Without Coaching – GATE Exam Self Study Tips – Suggested by Toppers ” gives you the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the GATE exam for all the branches. Share this article with other GATE aspirants who want to prepare a GATE examination at home without coaching.