Check out the latest topic of Law Entrance Test of CLAT 2020 Application Form, Registration, Date, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility. Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the popular law entrance exam which are conducted by the National Law Universities. Only on the basis of the CLAT 2020 entrance test, the Candidates can get admission into UG and PG law courses (आवेदन पत्र) in 18 NLU institutions. The Courses offered by the NLUs are BA LLB (Hons), BSc LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), BSW LLB (Hons), BCom LLB (Hons) and LLM programs. The Entrance test Notification can be Available from 1st week of January 2020.
Also, Read the Following Links For More Information
- CLAT Admit Card Release Date – Download & Print PDF
- The CLAT Previous Question Paper – Previous Question Papers with Answer Free Download
- CLAT Answer Key pdf Download – Release Date
- The CLAT Result – Check Result, Merit List, Counseling Procedure
Content in this Article
CLAT 2020 Exam Dates
|Start date of filling the application form||1st January 2020|
|Last date of filling the application form||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date of online fee payment||Last week of March 2020|
|Release of admit card||The third week of April 2020|
|CLAT 2020 exam date||10th May 2020|
|Answer key released date||The third week of May 2020|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2020|
|Start date of counselling process||The first week of June 2020|
Previous Year Dates
|Application Form Availability||13th January 2019 (Available)|
|Last date for form submission||15th April 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card Starts||By 13th May 2019|
|Date of CLAT Entrance Exam||26th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||30th May 2019|
|Representation of questions or key||Till 2nd June 2019|
|Uploading of amended answer key (if required)||6th June 2019|
|Result/Merit List Declaration||14th June 2019|
|First Indicative Seat Allocation Publication||14th June 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee||14th – 19th June 2019|
Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralized test for admission to 18 National Law Universities in India. The test is taken after the Higher Secondary Examination or the 12th grade for admission to integrated undergraduate programs in Law and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws(LL.M) programs conducted by these law universities. The CLAT test is Conducted Only Indian nationals and NRIs.
CLAT full Form is Common Law Admission Test
CLAT 2020 Application Form
The CLAT Application Form can be Available in Official Website from The 1st week of January 2020. Candidates can fill CLAT 2020 application only after they registered themselves for the Common Law Admission Test 2020. The End Date of the Online Application can be in the Last week of March 2020. The Registered candidates can get their Individual Register Number and PassWord, By Using the Number and Password candidates can log in for Application, admit card, Result, etc..,
How to Fill Online Application?
- Application Form can be Available from the 1st week of January 2020. The candidates should Register on the Official Website for Application Download
- The Candidate can be creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID individually.
- Fill all the required details on the Application Form and Upload a Signature and Photograph of the Applicants in the Application Form.
- No hard copy of filled in the application form is to be sent to the CLAT office.
|General (UR)||Rs. 4000|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs. 4000|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Rs. 3500|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Rs. 3500|
|Specially Abled (PH)||Rs. 4000|
CLAT Eligible Criteria
- Age Limit: There is no Upper age Limit for appearing the CLAT exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass the 12th examination with minimum 45% aggregate marks and 40% for SC/ST candidates. The Appearing Candidates are also eligible for the CLAT Entrance Test.
- Age Limit: No upper age limit for the Entrance Test.
- Qualification: Candidates must have the LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.) degree from recognized University. Unreserved category candidates have to obtain at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam and For reserved category candidates, the minimum Score is 50% marks.
CLAT Test Pattern
CLAT Exam Pattern for UG Courses:
|English including Comprehension||40 Ques||40 marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Ques||50 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Ques||20 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Ques||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Ques||40 marks|
|Total||200 Ques||200 marks|
Note: For every correct answer in CLAT 2020, candidates will be awarded one mark and for every wrong option selected by candidates, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
CLAT Exam Pattern for PG Course:
|Number of Questions|
|Constitutional Law||50 Ques||50 Marks|
|Jurisprudence||50 Ques||50 Marks|
|Other law subjects||50 Ques||50 Marks|
Note: For every correct answer in CLAT 20120, candidates will be awarded one mark and for every wrong option selected by candidates, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
CLAT Test Syllabus
CLAT Ug Course Syllabus:
English including Comprehension:
(English Usage Errors)
- Common Errors,
- Spotting Errors,
- Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage),
- Use of Correct Word.
- Paragraph based Questions
- Idioms and Phrases,
- One Word Substitution,
- Sentence Improvement,
- Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph,
- Rearrangement of Words in Sentence,
- Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Events of National and International like below
- Persons and Places
- Static GK & Latest Happening
- Books and Authors
- Science, Technology
- Direction and Distance Test,
- Analogy Test,
- Classification (Odd Man Out) Test,
- Coding-Decoding Test,
- Number Test,
- Series Test,
- Relationships Test,
- Alphabet Test,
- Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Statements Conclusions, Arguments
- Statements Action, Assumptions
- Number Systems,
- Surds and Indices,
- Square Roots,
- Fractions and Decimals,
- HCF and LCM,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Average and Logarithms.
- Profit and Loss,
- Partnership and Discounts.
- Research aptitude and problem-solving ability
- legal propositions
- International Law
- Criminal Law
- Indian Constitution
- Legal Terms
- Legal Maxims
- Family Law
CLAT PG Course Syllabus:
- International Law
- Family Law
- Property Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contracts
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
CLAT Participating Institutes
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- Chanakya National Law University
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies
- National Law University, Orissa
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
- Tamil Nadu National Law School
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- National Law School of India University
- Nalsar University of Law
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
- National Law Institute University
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University
- National University of Study and Research in Law
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
- Gujarat National Law University
- Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University
CLAT 2020 Cut-Off
CLAT 2020 cut-off will be determined after the declaration of results. The candidates will be grant admission to the desired program on the basis of Cutoff marks obtained in the entrance examination and subject to fulfilling other eligibility requirements. Exam committee considers various factors for calculating the cut-off marks like difficulty level of question paper, the number of candidates attempted the exam and previous years cut-off trends. the Following are the previous Year Cutoff marks for candidates Reference.
|NLUs||CLAT cut off Marks|
|National Law School of India University, Bangalore||From 58 to 59|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad||From 123 to 130|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata||From 221 to 351|
|National Law Institute University, Bhopal||From 213 to 339|
|National Law University, Jodhpur||From 343 to 347|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar||From 465 to 574|
|Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur||From 453 to 555|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow||From 626 to 627|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala||From 759 to 801|
|Chanakya National Law University, Patna||From 909 to 911|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi||From 826 to 918|
CLAT Question Papers
The Online Registered candidates can get the previous question papers for the Authority through Official website. As the Candidates can Prepare the Previous Question papers for the Upcoming Entrance Test. When we refer to the previous question papers then we automatically know the important topics and type of the questions.
How to Prepare for the Entrance Test?
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. For good motivation visit coaching centers and motivate yourself.
- Put small daily targets, weekly targets and Revise the subject or topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Mark the questions that we feel important or tough. Have to improve faith in yourself.
- Refer the best books for preparation in advance and Try to practice past year question papers for the Candidate idea on the Entrance Test.
- The best source is to refer the past question papers and practice those model papers.
CLAT Admit Card 2020
The Admit Card can be available on the Official Website by CLAT Exam Conducting Authority. The Applicants can download the Admit card from April 2020 before the Entrance Test. Along with the admit card, candidates must carry one identity proof to the examination center. No, the admit card will be sent to candidates through post or email. Once downloaded, candidates need to take a printout of the Admit Card and carry it to the allotted test center on the day of the exam.
The authority will display the CLAT 2020 answer key in May 2020. The official answer key bears all the actual answers to the online examination of CLAT. Candidates will also be able to submit their requests in case of any discrepancy in the answer key.
The CLAT 2020 result can Publish by the Authority in May 2020. Candidates can view their results by entering their login details From the Official Website, candidates can download the Results which is available only for Registered Candidates.
The Merit List will be available in the Official Website Separate for UG and PG Programs. The Candidates category-wise Merit List can be Published along with the Results which indicate state as well as All India Rank of examinees.
CLAT counseling is being held centrally and through an online system. Candidates shortlisted for CLAT counseling have to first register through the online centralized system. Candidates must note that they would be invited to attend CLAT counseling based on their merit as per the CLAT result. The candidate has to deposit a counseling fee of Rs. 50,000 to show their interest and seriousness towards CLAT counseling.
Counseling Required Documents:
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (For proof of Date of Birth)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (For proof of Academic Qualification)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
Sidhuwal Campus, Bhadson Road, Patiala-147 006 (Punjab)
- Toll-Free Number: 1800 – 1200 – 711
- Tolled Number: +91-522-65 67 111, +91-522-24 24 222 (10 Multi-channel Helplines), +91-522-24 22 849
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Official Website: http://clat.ac.in/
- Phone Number: 18001200711
Read the following links for more information on other Law Entrance Test
- Calcutta University BA LLB Application Form, Date, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
- CEE Kerala LLB 3-Year Application Form, Registration, Date, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
- Christ University Law Entrance Test Application Form, Registration, Date, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
Hope you may get the Complete information on the Concept Details of CLAT 2020 Application Form, Registration, Date, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Eligibility क्लैट प्रवेश. For any query, you can contact us via the comment box. you can share or subscribe to our Website for more information on Other Concepts.