CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019-20 – Chapters, Topics, Weightage
Are you interesting to know the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019-20 – Chapters, Topics, Weightage is available in this article. We are provide a English Core Syllabus for CBSE Class 12 Chapters each and every topic having in this article. Check the article once and compare your regulation syllabus. All the Topics are completely similar to the Central Board Of Secondary Education. And we can download the Class 12 English Core Syllabus for CBSE PDF also available here.
Content in this Article
Download CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019
- Reading Comprehensions
- Writing Skills
- Literature Text Books and Long Reading Text
Download the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019- Click Here
CBSE Class12 English Core Syllabus Mark Weightage
Time of an examination is 3 hours
Total Marks awarded is 100
|3||Literature Text Books and Reading Text||40|
Units in CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus & No. of Periods
Reading Comprehensions-(45 Periods)
Writing Skills-(60 Periods)
Literature Text Books and Long Reading Text-(70 Periods)
English Core Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 12
- Reading Comprehension
Reading Unseen Passages and Note making
Two unseen passages with a variety of very short answer / short answer or MCQ type questions to test comprehension, interpretation and inference. Vocabulary such as word formation and inference of meaning will also be tested.
The total length of the two passages will be between 1100 – 1200 words. The passage will include two of the following:
(a) Factual passages, e.g., instructions, descriptions, reports.
(b) Descriptive passages involving opinion, e.g., argumentative, persuasive or interpretative text.
(c) Literary passages, e.g., extract from fiction, drama, poetry, essay or biography. A poem could be of 28-35 lines.
- The passages can be literary, factual or discursive to test comprehensions. The length of one passage should be between 600-700 words.
(d) A third passage of 400-500 words for note-making and abstraction.
- Writing Skills
- Short Answer Questions, e.g., advertisement and notices, designing or drafting posters, writing formal and informal invitations and replies.
- Long Answer Questions: Letters based on verbal / visual input.
Letter types include
- Business or official letters (for making enquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders and sending replies)
- Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinion on issues of public interest)
- Application for a job
Very Long Answer Questions: Two compositions based on visual and/or verbal Input may be descriptive or argumentative in nature such as an article, a debate or a speech or a report
- Literature Textbooks and Long Reading Text (40 Marks)
Flamingo and Vistas
- Very Short Answer Questions – Based on an extract from poetry to test comprehension and appreciation.
- Short Answer Questions – Based on prose / drama / poetry from both the texts.
- Long Answer Question – Based on texts to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the texts to bring out the key messages and values.
- Long Answer Question – Based on texts to test global comprehension along with analysis and extrapolation.
- Long Answer Question – Based on theme, plot and incidents from the prescribed novels.
- Long Answer Question – Based on understanding appreciation, analysis and interpretation of the character sketch.
Posts Related to CBSE Class 12
- CBSE Class 12 Engineering Graphics Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 Enterprenuership Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 Geography Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus 2019
- CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Syllabus 2019
|Download the English Core CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2019||Click Here|
CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2019 Course Structure, each and every topic is provided in this article. Once we should refer in this article and start your preparation for board of examinations. You can download the Class 12 English Core CBSE (Central Board Of Secondary Education) Syllabus PDF in the academic year of 2019 is available in this article. Don’t forget to share in this article to our friends.