CBSE Business Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2020: Check out the Information about CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2020-21, Chapter, Topics – Download PDF in this article. Students who are searching for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Business Studies Syllabus for Class 11, 2020-21 are on a right track. Class XI Students (सीबीएसई बिजनेस स्टडीज कक्षा 11 का सिलेबस) may not have to worry about their Exam Syllabus. As we have provided the Details about Class 11 CBSE Business Studies Syllabus 2020-21 in this article.
Students should check out this article to get complete details about the CBSE 11th Class ICT Syllabus for 2020-21. Download the pdf for CBSE Business Studies Syllabus Class 11 2018 from the given link provided in this article.
Content in this Article
CBSE Business Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
The syllabus was not changed. But, the Marks and the Periods of each unit were changed. so, check the below-mentioned PDF which was below.
|Part A||Foundations of Business|
|Evolution and Fundamentals of Business||18||16|
|Forms of Business Organisations||20|
|Public, Private, and Global Enterprises||10||14|
|Emerging Modes of Business||05||10|
|Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||08|
|Part B||Finance and Trade|
|Sources of Business Finance||28||20|
|Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development||16|
Download CBSE Business Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
CBSE Business Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2019-20
|Part – A: Foundation of Business|
|1||Nature and Purpose of Business||22||20 Marks|
|2||Forms of Business Organisations||26|
|3||Public, Private, and Global Enterprises||22||18 Marks|
|5||Emerging Modes of Business||12||12 Marks|
|6||Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||16|
|Part B: Finance and Trade|
|7||Sources of Business Finance||30||20 Marks|
|9||Internal Trade||30||20 Marks|
|11||Project Work||30||10 Marks|
- To develop students with an understanding of the processes of business and its environment;
- To help students appreciate the economic and social significance of business activity and the social cost and benefits arising there from;
- To acquaint students with the practice of managing the operations and resources of business;
- To enable students to act more effectively and responsibly as consumers, employers, employees, and citizens
- To acquaint students with the dynamic nature and inter-dependent aspects of the business;
- To develop an interest in the theory and practice of business, trade, and industry;
- To familiarize students with theoretical foundations of the process of organizing and managing the operations of a business firm;
- To develop a business attitude and skills in students.
- To inculcate appropriate attitude and develop skills among students to pursue higher education, the world of work including self-employment.
Business Studies CBSE Class 11 Syllabus 2019
Unit – 1: Evolution and Fundamentals of Business
|History of Commerce in India:|
Indigenous Banking System, Rise of Intermediaries, Transport, Trading Communities: Merchant Corporations,
Major Trade Centers, Major Imports, and Exports, Position of Indian Sub-Continent in the World Economy.
|After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· Know the History of Commerce in India
· Concept includes meaning and
|After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· Understand the concept of business with special reference to economic and non-economic activities.
· Discuss the characteristics of the business.
|Business, profession and employment Concept||· Understand the concept of|
business, profession, and
employment.· Differentiate between business,
profession, and employment.
|Objectives of business||· Appreciate the economic and social objectives of the business.|
· Examine the role of profit in
|Classification of business activities –|
Industry and Commerce
|· Understand the broad categories of|
business activities- industry and
|Industry-types: primary, secondary, tertiary Meaning and subgroups||· Describe the various types of|
|Commerce-trade: (types-internal, external; wholesale and retail) and auxiliaries to trade; (banking, insurance, transportation, warehousing, communication, and advertising) – meaning||· Discuss the meaning of commerce, trade, and auxiliaries to trade.|
· Discuss the meaning of different types of trade and auxiliaries to trade.
· Examine the role of commerce trade and auxiliaries to trade.
|Business risk-Concept||· Understand the concept of risk as a special characteristic of the business.|
· Examine the nature and causes of business risks.
Unit – 2: Forms of Business organizations
|Sole Proprietorship-Concept, merits, and limitations.||After going through this unit, the student/|
the learner would be able to:· List the different forms of business organizations and understand their meaning.· Identify and explain the concept, merits, and limitations of Sole Proprietorship.
|Partnership-Concept, types, merits, and limitations of partnership, registration of a|
partnership firm, partnership deed. Types of partners
|· Identify and explain the concept, merits, and limitations of a Partnership firm.|
· Understand the types of partnership on the basis of duration and on the basis of liability.
· Define limited liability partnership.
· State the need for registration of a partnership firm.
· Discuss types of partners –active, sleeping, secret, nominal, and partner by estoppel.
|Hindu Undivided Family Business:|
|· Understand the concept of Hindu Undivided Family Business.|
|Cooperative Societies-Concept, merits,|
|· Identify and explain the concept, merits, and limitations of Cooperative Societies.|
· Understand the concept of consumers, producers, marketing, farmers, credit, and housing cooperatives.
|Company-Concept, merits, and limitations; Types: Private, Public and One Person Company – Concept||· Identify and explain the concept, merits, and limitations of private and public companies.|
· Understand the meaning of one-person company.
· Distinguish between a private company and a public company.
|Formation of company-stages, important|
documents to be used information of a
|· Highlight the stages in the formation of a company.|
· Discuss the important documents used in the various stages in the formation of a company.
|Choice of the form of business organization||· Distinguish between the various forms of business organizations.|
· Explain the factors that influence the choice of a suitable form of business organization.
Unit – 3: Public, Private and Global Enterprises
|Public sector and private sector enterprises – Concept||After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· Develop an understanding of the Public sector and private sector enterprises
|Forms of public sector enterprises: Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporations, and Government Company.||· Identify and explain the features, merits, and limitations of different forms of public sector enterprises|
|Global enterprises (MNCs) – Features, Joint ventures, Public-private partnership – concept||· Develop an understanding of global enterprises, joint ventures, and public-private partnerships by studying their meaning and features.|
Unit – 4: Business Services
|Business services and their types – Meaning. Banking: Types of bank accounts- savings, current, recurring, fixed deposit, and multiple option deposit account.||· Understand the meaning and types of business services.|
· Discuss the meaning and types of Business service Banking
· Develop an understanding of different types of bank account.
|Banking services with particular reference to Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, Cash credit. E-Banking meaning, Types of digital payments||· Develop an understanding of the different services provided by banks|
|Insurance-: Principles, Types –life, health, fire, and marine insurance –concept||· Recall the concept of insurance|
· Understand Utmost Good Faith, Insurable Interest, Indemnity, Contribution, Doctrine of Subrogation and Causa Proxima as principles of insurance
· Discuss the meaning of different types of insurance-life, health, fire, marine insurance.
|Postal Service-Mail, Registered Post,|
The parcel, Speed Post, Courier-meaning.
|· Understand the utility of different telecom services|
Unit – 5: Emerging Modes of Business
|E-business (concept), scope and benefits||After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· Give the meaning of e-business.
· Discuss the scope of e-business.
· Appreciate the benefits of e-business
· Distinguish e-business from traditional business.
|Business Process Outsourcing (BPO):|
Concept, need, and scope
|· Understand the concept of outsourcing.|
· Examine the scope of outsourcing, appreciate the need for outsourcing.
· Discuss the meaning of Business Process Outsourcing and Knowledge Process Outsourcing
Unit – 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
|Concept of social responsibility||After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· State the concept of social responsibility.
|Case of social responsibility||· Examine the case for social responsibility.|
|Responsibility towards owners, investors,|
consumers, employees, government, and
|· Identify the social responsibility towards different interest groups.|
|Environment protection and business|
Meaning and role
|· Appreciate the role of business in environment protection.|
|Business Ethics-Concept and Elements||· State the concept of business ethics.|
· Describe the elements of business ethics.
Part – B: Finance and Trade
CBSE class 11 Business Studies New Syllabus 2019-20
Unit – 7: Sources of Business Finance
|Concept of business finance||After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· State the meaning, nature, and importance of business finance.
|Owners’ funds- equity shares, preferences share, retained earnings, Global Depository receipt (GDR), American Depository Receipt (ADR) and International Depository Receipt (IDR) – concept||· Classify the various sources of funds into owners’ funds.|
· State the meaning of owners’ funds.
· Understand the meaning of Global Depository receipts, American Depository Receipts, and International Depository Receipts.
|Borrowed funds: debentures and bonds, a loan from a financial institution and commercial banks, public deposits, trade credit, Inter Corporate Deposits (ICD).||· State the meaning of borrowed funds.|
· Discuss the concept of debentures, bonds, loans from financial institutions and commercial banks, Trade credit and inter corporate deposits.
· Distinguish between owners’ funds and borrowed funds.
Unit – 8: Small Business and Enterprises
|Entrepreneurship Development (ED): Concept, Characteristics, and Need|
· Process Entrepreneurship Development: Start-up India Scheme, ways to fund start-up
· Intellectual Property Rights and Entrepreneurship
|After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· Understand the concept of Entrepreneurship Development (ED), Intellectual Property Rights
|Small scale enterprise as defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act)||After going through this unit, the student/|
the learner would be able to:· Understand the meaning of small business
|Role of small business in India with special reference to rural areas||· Discuss the role of small business in India|
|Government schemes and agencies for small scale industries: National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and District Industrial Centre (DIC) with special reference to rural, backward areas||· Appreciate the various Government schemes and agencies for the development of small scale industries. NSIC and DIC with special reference to the rural, backward area.|
Unit – 9: Internal Trade
|Internal trade – meaning and types services rendered by a wholesaler and a retailer GST (Goods and Services Tax): Concept and key-features||After going through this unit, the student/learner would be able to:|
· State the meaning and types of internal trade.
· Appreciate the services of wholesalers and retailers.
· Understand the concept of GST
|Types of retail-trade-Itinerant and small scale fixed shops retailers||· Explain the different types of retail trade.|
|Large scale retailers-Departmental stores, chain stores – concept||· Highlight the distinctive features of departmental stores, chain stores, and mail order business.|
|Concept of automatic vending machine||· State the concept of automatic vending machines.|
|Main documents used in internal trade: Performa invoice, invoice, debit note, credit note. Lorry receipt (LR) and Railways Receipt (RR).||· Describe the main documents used in internal trade.|
|Terms of Trade: Cash on Delivery (COD), Free on Board (FOB), Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF), Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE).||· Develop an understanding of the various terms used in internal trade.|
Unit – 10: International Trade
|International trade – concept||After going through this unit, the student/ learner would be able to:|
· Understand the concept of international trade.
|International trade: concept and benefits||· Describe the scope of international trade to the nation and business firms.|
|Export trade- Meaning, objectives, and procedure of Export Trade||· State the meaning and objectives of export trade.|
· Explain the important steps involved in executing export trade.
|Import Trade- Meaning, objectives, and procedure||· State the meaning and objectives of import trade.|
· Discuss the important steps involved in executing import trade.
|Documents involved in International Trade; indent, letter of credit, shipping order, shipping bills, mate’s receipt(DA/DP), a specimen of the documents, importance||· Develop an understanding of the various documents used in international trade.|
· Identify the specimen of the various documents used in international trade.
· Highlight the importance of the documents needed in connection with international trade transactions
|World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives||· State the meaning of the World Trade Organization.|
· Discuss the objectives of the World Trade Organization in promoting international trade.
Download CBSE Business Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2019
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2019||Click Here|
We have provided the CBSE Syllabus of Business Studies for 11th Class Students in this article. Students who are going to write exams may not worry about anything as we have provided everything Related to the subject in this article. So, after reading this article students must be started preparing for the Exams. Also, keep following us for such Updates and Do not forget to share this article with your friends. So, they may also know about CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2020-21 and they may also start preparing for the Exams.