CBSE Biotechnology Class 11 Syllabus 2020: CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus 2020-21, Chapter, Topics has been revealed. Class 11 students of 2020, who are looking for the Information of Class XI CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus 2020-21 may not have to worry about it. As we have provided the Information for Biotechnology Syllabus of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for Class 11 of 2019 in this article (सीबीएसई बायोटेक्नोलॉजी कक्षा 11 का सिलेबस). Also, we have provided the pdf file for the students to Download PDF of CBSE 11th Class Biotechnology Syllabus for 2020-21. After going through this article, students needs to immediately start their preparation.
Content in this Article
CBSE Biotechnology Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
The Syllabus was not changed it was the same as in the last year. So, the candidates can go through last year’s syllabus. Even though we have mentioned the latest syllabus in a PDF format for the candidates to download at any they want.
Download Biotechnology Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
This was the PDF link that was given below.
CBSE Biotechnology Class 11 Syllabus 2019-20
|Unit – I||Biotechnology: An overview||5 Marks|
|Unit – II||Molecules of Life||20 Marks|
|Unit – III||Genetics and Molecular Biology||20 Marks|
|Unit – IV||Cells and Organisms||25 Marks|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
- The broad objectives of teaching Biotechnology at the senior secondary level are:
- To familiarize the learners to understand the relationship of the subject to health, nutrition, environment, agriculture, and industry, etc.
- To develop conceptual competence in the learners so as to cope up with professional courses in the future career.
- To help the learners know and understand the basic facts and concepts of the subject at the elementary stage.
- To expose the students to different basic processes and basic techniques used in Biotechnology.
- To acquaint students with different applications of Biotechnology in everyday life.
- To develop an interest in students to study biotechnology as a discipline.
Also to Download the pdf for CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus 2019
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology Syllabus 2019-20||Click Here|
Biotechnology CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for 2019-20
Unit – I : Biotechnology: An overview 5 Marks
Chapter – 1 : Biotechnology: An Overview
Historical Perspectives, Technology, and Applications of Biotechnology, Global market, and Biotech Products, Public Perception of Biotechnology, Biotechnology in India and Global Trends
Unit – II: Molecules of Life 20 Marks
Chapter – 1 : Biomolecules: Building Blocks
Building Blocks of Carbohydrates – Sugars and Their Derivatives, Building Blocks of Proteins – Amino Acids, Building Blocks of Lipids – Simple Fatty Acids, Sphingosine, Glycerol and Cholesterol, Building Blocks of Nucleic Acids – Nucleotides, Biochemical Transformations
Chapter – 2 : Macromolecules: Structure & Function
Carbohydrates – The Energy Givers, Proteins – The Performers, Enzymes – The Catalysts, Lipids, and Bio membranes – The Barriers, Nucleic Acids – The Managers
Unit – III: Genetics and Molecular Biology 20 Marks
Historical Perspective, Multiple Alleles, Linkage, and Crossing Over, Genetic Mapping, Gene Interaction, Sex-Linked Inheritance, Extranuclear Inheritance, Quantitative Inheritance, Genes at the Population Level
Chapter – 2: Genes and Genomes: Structure and Function Discovery of DNA as Genetic Material, DNA Replication, Fine Structure of the Genes, From Gene to Protein, Transcription – The Basic Process, Genetic Code, Translation, Regulation of Gene Expression, Mutations, DNA Repair, Human Genetic Disorders, Genome Organization
Unit – IV: Cells and Organisms 25 Marks
Chapter – 1: The Basic Unit of Life
Cell Structure and Components, Tissues and Organs, Stem Cells, Biodiversity, Organization of Life
Chapter – 2: Cell Growth and Development
Cell Division, Cell Cycle, Cell Communication, Nutrition, Gaseous Exchange, Internal Transport, Maintaining the Internal Environment, Reproduction, In Vitro Fertilization, Animal and Plant Development, Immune Response in Animals, Programmed Cell Death, Defense Mechanisms in Plants.
- Recording Practical results & safety rules in the laboratory
- Preparation of bacterial growth medium
- Determination of bacterial growth curve
- Preparation of buffers and pH determination
- Sterilization techniques
- Cell counting
- Isolation of milk protein (casein)
- Estimation of blood glucose by enzymatic & glucometer method (GOD/POD)
- Study of various stages of mitosis and calculation of the mitotic index
- Estimation of whey protein by biuret method
- Assaying the enzyme acid phosphate
- Preparation of karyotype
CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus for Class 11, 2020-21 has been provided in this article. Students need not get worried about the Syllabus or Exams. Just check out this article and start the preparation quickly. Download the PDF of Class XI CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus 2020 from this article. The curriculum for March 2019 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2019-20. The syllabus for CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology is published by cbse.nic.in the Central Board of Secondary Education, Head Office in New Delhi.