UPMT Counselling 2023: Check the UPMT Counselling 2024 Procedure from this article!! Students, who will qualify the Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Entrance Exam 2023, will appear for UPMT Counselling Process. So Applicants may check UPMT Counselling (UPMT काउंसलिंग) dates, Seat allocation details & important Dates by going through this article. In this, all the details are related to the Uttaranchal Pre Medical Test. You can check the UPMT Counselling & Seat Allotment details are also mentioned on this page.
- UPMT Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Download
- UPMT Question Papers – Download
- UPMT Answer Key/ Solutions – Download
About UPMT Counselling 2024 – Overview
The Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test (UPMT) was an entrance examination conducted by the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU) for admission to various undergraduate medical and dental courses in colleges across the state of Uttarakhand, India.
However, the UPMT has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) as the common entrance exam for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses across India, including Uttarakhand. So, if you are interested in pursuing a career in medicine or dentistry, you will need to appear for the NEET exam instead of UPMT.
UPMT Counselling Dates 2024
UPCPMT (Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre-Medical Test) has been replaced by NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) as the single entrance exam for admission to medical and dental courses in India. Therefore, there are no exam dates for UPCPMT as such.
However, NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and the exam dates for NEET 2023 have not been announced yet. As per the previous year’s trends, NEET is usually conducted in the month of May. The application process for NEET 2023 is expected to begin in the first week of December 2022.
Candidates are advised to regularly check the official website of NTA for the latest updates regarding the exam dates and other related information.
UPMT Counselling Eligibility
The Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test (UPMT) has been discontinued since 2016 and has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Therefore, there are no eligibility criteria for UPMT counseling.
However, if you have qualified for NEET and wish to participate in the counseling process for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand, you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have qualified NEET with the minimum qualifying percentile as specified by the authorities.
- You must fulfill the eligibility criteria in terms of age, academic qualification, and nationality as specified by the authorities.
- You must have registered for the counseling process within the specified dates and paid the required fee.
- You must have completed the document verification process and submitted all the required documents in original and photocopy.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria for NEET counseling may vary from year to year, and it is advisable to check the official website of the counseling authority for the latest updates and information.
UPMT Counseling Process 2024
As UPMT has been replaced by NEET, the UPMT counselling process for NEET is applicable. The counselling process for NEET is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for the All India Quota seats and by the respective state counselling authorities for the state quota seats.
The UPMT Counselling Process generally consists of the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of MCC or the state counselling authority by providing their NEET roll number, name, date of birth, and other details.
- Choice filling: After registration, candidates need to fill in their choices of colleges and courses as per their preference. They can modify their choices until the locking of choices.
- Seat allotment: Based on the choices filled by the candidates and their NEET rank, the seat allotment list is published. Candidates who are allotted seats need to download the seat allotment letter.
- Document verification: Candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the allotted institute for document verification. They need to carry their original documents and the seat allotment letter.
- Fee payment: After the document verification process, candidates need to pay the admission fee to confirm their seat.
- Reporting to the institute: Candidates who have paid the admission fee need to report to the allotted institute within the specified date and time to complete the admission process.
UPMT Counselling Fee 2024
The Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test (UPMT) has been discontinued since 2016 and has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Therefore, there are no counseling fees for UPMT.
However, if you have qualified for NEET and wish to participate in the counseling process for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand, you will have to pay a counseling fee. The exact amount of counseling fee may vary from year to year and will be specified by the counseling authority.
For example, in 2021, the counseling fee for UPMT Counselling in Uttarakhand was Rs. 2000 for general and OBC candidates, and Rs. 1200 for SC and ST candidates. Candidates could pay the counseling fee online through the official website using a debit card, credit card, or net banking. It is important to note that the counseling fee is non-refundable and must be paid within the specified dates to participate in the counseling process.
Documents Required for UPMT Counselling 2023
Candidates must know about the required documents required to bring while available for UPMT Counseling.
1) Original counseling letter along with photo of counseling letter
2) Original Admit card/hall ticket along with a photocopy of admit card
3) Bank draft has to be made as per the instructions mentioned on UPMT prospect
4) All the original and at least 2 photocopies of certificates of 10th & 12th class
5) Rank Card / Hall Ticket
6) Scorecard (if applicable)
7) Original degree/provisional certificate if a candidate is appearing
8 ) Community certificate(SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the authorized authority
9) Medical documents mentioned on UPMT application form
10) 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
11) Other supportive documents mentioned in the UPMT application form.
UPMT Counselling Seat Allotment Results
The Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test (UPMT) has been discontinued since 2016 and has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Therefore, there are no seat allotment results for UPMT counseling.
However, if you have participated in the counseling process for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand through NEET, you can check the seat allotment results on the official website of the counseling authority. The seat allotment results are usually announced after each round of counseling and will indicate the college and course allotted to the candidate based on their rank, category, and preferences.
To check the seat allotment results, you will need to log in to the official website using your registration number and password. If you have been allotted a seat, you will need to download the allotment letter and report to the allotted college within the specified dates for admission and document verification.
It is important to note that the seat allotment results may depend on various factors such as the availability of seats, the number of candidates, and the preferences chosen by the candidates. If you are not satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you can participate in the subsequent rounds of counseling or opt for an upgradation of the allotted seat, if available.
UPMT Counselling Top Colleges
The Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test (UPMT) has been discontinued since 2016 and has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand. However, some of the top colleges for medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand based on their reputation, infrastructure, faculty, and placements are:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh
- Government Medical College, Haldwani
- Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Government Medical Science and Research Institute, Srinagar
- Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences, Dehradun
- Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun
- Uttaranchal Dental and Medical Research Institute, Dehradun
- Seema Dental College and Hospital, Rishikesh
- Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College, Dehradun.
Contact Details for UPMT Counselling
The Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test (UPMT) has been discontinued since 2016 and has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). However, if you have any queries related to NEET counseling or admission to medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand, you can contact the following authorities:
- Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, Uttarakhand Address: 107, Chander Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001 Phone: 0135-2723321 Email: [email protected]
- Uttarakhand Technical University Address: Govt. Girls Polytechnic Campus, Post Office, Chandanwadi, Prem Nagar, Sudhowala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007 Phone: 0135-2770126, 0135-2770127 Email: [email protected]
Alternatively, you can also visit the official websites of these authorities for more information and updates regarding admission and UPMT Counselling for medical and dental courses in Uttarakhand.
What is UPMT?
UPMT stands for Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test. It is a state-level entrance examination conducted by Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University (HNBUMU) for admission to undergraduate medical courses (MBBS and BDS) offered by various medical and dental colleges in Uttarakhand.
What is the eligibility criteria for UPMT?
The eligibility criteria for UPMT are as follows:
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.
Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in PCB (40% for reserved category candidates).
How can I apply for UPMT?
Candidates can apply for UPMT online by visiting the official website of HNBUMU. The application form will be available online and candidates need to fill the form, upload necessary documents, and pay the application fee.
What is the exam pattern for UPMT?
The exam pattern for UPMT is as follows:
The exam is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany.
Each correct answer carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
When is the UPMT exam conducted?
The UPMT exam is usually conducted in the month of May or June every year. However, the dates may vary from year to year.
What is the syllabus for UPMT?
The syllabus for UPMT is based on the 10+2 level syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology.
How is the merit list prepared for UPMT?
The merit list for UPMT is prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks are included in the merit list.
What is the counseling process for UPMT?
The counseling process for UPMT is conducted by HNBUMU after the announcement of the results. Candidates who are included in the merit list are called for counseling, and they have to choose their preferred college and course based on the availability of seats and their merit rank.
What are the documents required for UPMT counseling?
The documents required for UPMT counseling are:
UPMT admit card
10th and 12th mark sheets
Category certificate (if applicable)
Identity proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.)
In the above paragraphs tells the UPMT Counselling, Seat Allotment details. So, visit once in this article and if you have any doubt give a comment via comment section or go for the official site notification. Share this article with others to know all the medical entrance exam details like UPMT Counselling, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Question Papers, Answer Key, Result, Admit Card and Counseling details also.