AFMC Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023: Check the AFMC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 details. The student who wants to apply for AFMC MBBS can find the exam syllabus (एएफएमसी सिलेबस) details. Basically, three subject targets in AFMC MBBS are Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Here you can see below the AFMC 2023 Syllabus. In this, all the information is completely similar to the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC). You can view or download the AFMC Syllabus 2023 PDF is also available on this page.
- AFMC Question Papers – Download
- AFMC Answer Key/Solutions – Download
- AFMC Result, Cutoff Marks & Merit List
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune is a premier medical institution in India. AFMC has the distinction of being the first medical college set up by the Armed Forces of any country in Asia. The college is a unique institution that combines medical education with training specific to the health care needs of the Armed Forces. AFMC has been consistently rated among the top three medical colleges in India by surveys published by reputed newsmagazines for the past decade.
Armed Forces Medical College was established on 01 May 1948. The institution conducts training of medical undergraduates and post-graduates, nursing undergraduates and post-graduates, dental postgraduates and paramedical staff. Patient care forms an integral part of the training curriculum, and the affiliated hospitals utilize the expertise available at AFMC. The institution is responsible for providing the entire pool of specialists and super specialists to Armed Forces by giving them in-service training. Thus, AFMC forms the backbone of high quality professional medical care being provided to the Armed Forces.
AFMC Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023
|Online Application Release Date for B.Sc Nursing||March 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 2022|
|Entrance Test (B.Sc Nursing)||June 2022|
|Online Application starts for PG Courses||September 2022|
|Last date of Application form
Syllabus for Biology
AFMC Biology syllabus contains subsequent unit:
- Diversity in Living World, Cell: The Unit of Life;
- Structure and Function,
- Genetics and Evolution,
- Structure and Function – Animals, Structure, and Function – Plants, Reproduction,
- Growth and Movement in Plants,
- Reproduction and Development in Humans,
- Ecology and Environment, Biology and Human Welfare,
- Biotechnology and its Applications.
Syllabus for Chemistry
AFMC Chemistry syllabus contains the following unit:
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry,
- States of matter,
- Atomic structure,
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties,
- 5 Chemical energetic,
- Chemical bonding, Equilibrium,
- Redox reactions, Solid-state Chemistry,
- Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical kinetics,
- Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Hydrogen,
- S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals),
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements,
- p-Block Elements, The d-and f-Block elements,
- Coordination compounds,
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry,
- Purification and characterization of carbon compounds,
- Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens (X),
- Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen,
- Organic Compounds with a functional group containing nitrogen,
- Polymers, Environmental Chemistry,
- Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life.
Syllabus for Physics
AIPMT Physics syllabus contains the following unit:
- Introduction and Measurement,
- Description of Motion in 1 Dimension,
- Description of Motion in 2 and 3 Dimensions,
- Law of Motion, Work, Energy & Power,
- RM (Rotational Motion), Gravitation,
- Heat & Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves,
- Electro – statics, Electricity,
- Thermal & Chemical Effects of Currents,
- Magnetic Effect, Magnetism,
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents,
- Electromagnetic Waves (Qualitative Treatment),
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments, Electrons and Photons,
- Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Solids and Semiconductor Devices.
- Sentence Completion
- Analogy (Verbal)
- Logical Deductions
- Series (Verbal)
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Problems
- Venn Diagrams
- Mathematical Operations
- Blood Relations
- Calendar, Time and Clock
- Number and Ranking
- Awards and Recognitions
AFMC Syllabus 2023 Exam Papers & Subjects
The AFMC entrance exam consists of multiple-choice questions from the following subjects:
For Undergraduate Courses:
- Biology (Zoology and Botany)
For Postgraduate Courses:
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
The exam pattern and syllabus may vary depending on the course and year of examination. It is recommended that candidates refer to the official AFMC website for the latest updates and information regarding the exam.
AFMC Exam Pattern 2023
- The Exam is in Offline Mode.
- The questions will be of objective type.
- Each question paper contains 200 questions for 200 marks.
- The duration of each question paper is 2 hours
AFMC 2023 Exam Duration, marks
AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College, which is a prestigious medical institution in India. The AFMC entrance exam is conducted by the Indian Armed Forces and is a national-level exam for admission into the MBBS course offered by the college.
The AFMC exam duration is typically 2 hours and 30 minutes, and the exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The total number of questions and maximum marks can vary year to year.
the AFMC entrance exam had 200 MCQs, each carrying 1 mark, and there was no negative marking. Therefore, the maximum marks one can score in the AFMC exam are 200.
It is essential to note that the AFMC entrance exam is only one part of the selection process, and the final selection of candidates is based on their performance in the exam, a medical fitness test, and an interview.
AFMC Syllabus 2023 Negative Marking Scheme
The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) has a negative marking scheme for their entrance examination. For each incorrect answer, 1/4th (0.25) of the allotted marks for that question will be deducted from the total score. However, there is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
For example, if a question carries four marks, and a student answers it incorrectly, then 1 mark (0.25 x 4) will be deducted from the total score. If a student does not answer a question, no marks will be deducted.
It is important to carefully consider whether to attempt a question or leave it unanswered, as guessing may result in a deduction of marks. It is advisable to attempt only those questions for which the student is reasonably confident about the answer.
Download Armed Force Medical College Syllabus 2023 PDF
AFMC 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
What is AFMC?
AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College. It is a premier medical institute in India that provides training to medical professionals for the Indian Armed Forces.
What are the eligibility criteria for AFMC?
The eligibility criteria for AFMC includes:
1. Nationality: Indian
2. Age Limit: The candidate must have attained the age of 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission and must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date.
3. Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
What is the AFMC exam pattern?
The AFMC entrance exam is conducted in two stages – Stage 1 and Stage 2. The Stage 1 exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Intelligence, and is conducted online. The Stage 2 exam consists of a psychological assessment, an interview, and a medical examination.
What is the syllabus for the AFMC entrance exam?
The syllabus for the AFMC entrance exam includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Intelligence. The topics covered in these subjects are similar to those covered in the 10+2 syllabus.
How can I apply for the AFMC entrance exam?
Candidates can apply for the AFMC entrance exam online through the official website of AFMC. The application form will be available on the website during the application period.
What is the duration of the AFMC entrance exam?
The duration of the Stage 1 exam is 2 hours, while the duration of the Stage 2 exam varies.
Is there any negative marking in the AFMC entrance exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in the AFMC entrance exam. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
What is the selection process for AFMC?
The selection process for AFMC consists of two stages – Stage 1 and Stage 2. Candidates who clear the Stage 1 exam will be called for the Stage 2 exam, which consists of a psychological assessment, an interview, and a medical examination. The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in both the stages.
Here, we have given the information about the AFMC Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 (AFMC परीक्षा पैटर्न) Details. So, refer once in this article and if you have any confusion give a comment on below comment section below or move to the official website. Don’t forget to share this page with our friends and neighbors.