Prepare UPSC Nepali: Check out How to Prepare the 2022 UPSC Nepali Optional subject – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Nepali Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2022 has released. Today we’ve provided a Preparation strategy for UPSC Nepali optional Paper. UPSC has already announced the IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates (यूपीएससी नेपाली भाषा का पेपर). Before going to start the preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Nepali optional for the UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Nepali Optional Subject
According to the recent trends of UPSC, the success rate of Literature subjects are correspondingly high than other optional subjects. The importance of the optional subject is an unavoidable one in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Aspirants must look for the scope of the subject, what it demands and how much effort you need to put to get a good score in the optional subject. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt but don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Nepali paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Nepali language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Nepali syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Nepali Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Nepali
To prepare UPSC Nepali Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for the IAS exam at the given link below. The suggested books are included in optional and language Subjects.
Recommended books for Nepali:
- Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude: IGNOU material
- Certificate Physical Geography: GC Leong
- India Year Book: Publication Division
- Constitutional Questions & Citizen Charter: AG Noorani
- Economic Development & Policies in India: Jain & Ohri
- India and the dynamics of World Politics: Sharma, Goria & Mishra
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
The study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting a good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for the UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Nepali Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare a few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Nepali Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months of preparation time for the UPSC Mains exam, you can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Nepali (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Nepali Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Nepali Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Nepali Important Topics
Nepali Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
In Paper I, History of the origin and development of Nepali as one of the new Indo-Aryan Languages, Major Dialects of Nepali, Fundamental concepts and theories of literature are the important topics to refer. Paper-II requires first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and questions will be designed to test the candidate’s critical acumen.
As you know the marks of the optional paper are crucial to deciding your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Nepali Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Nepali Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Nepali Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Nepali?
Nepali is spoken indigenously over most of Nepal west of the Gandaki River. You can opt for the Nepali language as an optional subject if you have graduated in the literature of the Nepali language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Nepali literature. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper-II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who is creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Nepali 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving the best suitable strategies for Nepali optional for the UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Nepali optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Nepali to tackle Paper-II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in a particular language.
- In your essay, write in a simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay at the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year’s UPSC Mains questions papers. For Nepali also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam patterns, trends, etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Nepali Optional subject 2022 – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” UPSC नेपाली पेपर gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.