Check out the SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2020 – Topics, Marks, New Exam Pattern and Weightage. Earlier we’ve provided IBPS Clerk Syllabus & IBPS PO Syllabus for 2020 exam. Today we are providing the detailed syllabus of SBI Clerk Preliminary examination 2020 (एसबीआई क्लर्क प्रीलिम्स सिलेबस). You can check the topic-wise and subject-wise syllabus of SBI Clerk Prelims in PDF format. We also provided the SBI Clerk Exam pattern of the Prelims exam. Also, visit SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus 2020. SBI has recently released the recruitment notification for the post of SBI Junior Associates in Clerical Cadre. Below given are the syllabus of State Bank of India Junior Associates exam.
Content in this Article
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2020 (SBI Junior Associates)
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus: The latest SBI Clerk Prelims Exam pattern is shown below. This year SBI has introduced the sectional timing in the Prelims exam. Now you cannot switch between the sections. Also, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Number of Questions = 100
- Total Marks = 100
- It is an Objective type Exam
- Duration = 20+20+20 = 60 Mins (1 hour)
- Negative marks are there
- 1/4th mark will be deducted for the wrong answer
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2020 (SBI Junior Associates)
|Name of Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Total||100||100||60 min (1 hour)|
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam – Duration, Total Marks & Questions
The SBI Clerk Prelims 2020 consist of mainly 3 subjects:
- English Language
- Numerical Ability (Quantitative Aptitude)
- Reasoning Ability
The total number of questions would be 30+35+35=100 Questions and total marks would be 30+35+35=100 Marks and the overall time duration would be 1 hour time to complete this test.
SBI Clerk Prelims – English Language Syllabus & Topics
In the SBI Clerk Prelims exam, The first section is the English language in which the number of questions would be 30 and maximum marks would be 30.
- Reading comprehension
- Fillers( Double fillers, Multiple Sentence Fillers, Sentence Fillers)
- New Pattern Cloze Test
- Phrase Replacement
- Odd Sentence Out cum Para Jumbles
- Sentence Completion
- Paragraph Conclusion
- Phrasal Verb Related Questions
- Error Detection Questions
- Word usage/ Vocab Based Questions
|English Language Topics in SBI Clerk exam||Expected Questions (weightage)|
|Reading Comprehension||10 Questions|
|Cloze Test||5-10 Questions|
|Spotting Errors||5-10 Questions|
|Sentence Improvement||5-7 Questions|
|Para Jumbles||4-5 Questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||5-7 Questions|
|Vocabulary (Spelling Errors, Idioms & Phrases)||5-7 Questions|
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus & Topics – SBI Clerk exam
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude is also known as Numeric Ability is the second section in the SBI Clerk Prelims exam. The number of questions would be 35 and the maximum marks awarded for this section is 35.
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Pie Chart)
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- HCF and LCM
- Profit and Loss
- SI & CI, Problem on Ages
- Work and Time
- Speed Distance and Time
- Permutation and Combination
- Average, Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Boats and Stream
- Problems on Trains
- Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns
|SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus|
Quantitative Aptitude / Numeric Ability Syllabus
|Number Series||5 Questions|
|Simplification/ Approximation||5-10 Questions|
|Quadratic Equations||4-5 Questions|
|Data Interpretation||5-10 Questions|
|Miscellaneous Arithmetic Questions|
(Problem on ages, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Partnership,
Speed Time & Distance, Pipes & Cisterns, Mensuration,
Boats & Streams, Probability, Mixtures, Simple & Compound Interest etc)
Reasoning Ability Syllabus & Topics – SBI Clerk Prelims 2020
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus: The last section in the SBI Clerk Prelims exam is Reasoning Ability in which the total number of questions would be 35 and the maximum marks awarded would be 35 only. So the total number of questions would be 30+35+35=100 and the total marks would be 30+35+35=100 and the overall time duration would be 1 hour to complete this test.
- Puzzles & Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Alphabet Related Questions
Details about SBI Clerk Online Test Pattern
- A login screen will be displayed to the candidate. The candidate has to log in using his/her User ID and Password which is provided on the Call Letter.
- After logging in Candidate’s profile (Name, Roll No. & photograph, etc.) will be displayed and the candidate has to confirm the same by clicking on the ‘I confirm’ button confirming the profile is correct.
- Thereafter the instructions will be displayed on the screen.
- A candidate should read the instructions carefully and indicate that he has done so by ‘checking’ (click) the box at the bottom of the screen, after which the ‘I am ready to begin’ button is activated.
- After clicking on the ‘I am ready to begin’ button the actual test time will begin.
- In Online Preliminary Examination, there will be 100 Questions and in Online Main Examination there will be 190 Questions and each question is followed by 5 alternatives/options.
- The questions except those on English Language/General English will be available in Hindi and in English. In order to view a given question in the other language, a candidate can click on the ‘view in’ drop down box and select the desired language.
- Only one question will be displayed at a time.
- In order to answer a question, the candidate has to ‘mouse click’ the option he/she thinks is appropriate/ correct.
- The alternative which has been clicked on will be highlighted and shall be treated as the answer given by the candidate for the question.
- After selecting an answer for a question the candidate should click on the ‘SAVE & NEXT’ button to save his answer and proceed to the next question. Note that without clicking on the ‘Save & Next’ button the answer selected for a question will not be saved.
- In case a candidate does not wish to attempt the question then he/ she should not click on any option for that question. A candidate can choose to deselect his/her answer for a particular question by clicking on the ‘CLEAR RESPONSE’ button provided against each question.
- In case a candidate wants to skip a particular question and return to it later before submitting his/her test or a candidate ‘clicks’ (selects) an answer for a particular question but wishes to review it later, he/she may note down the question number on the sheet provided.
In such cases, the candidate may also click on the ‘MARK FOR REVIEW & NEXT’ button. In case an answer has
been selected for a particular question which has been marked as ‘MARK FOR REVIEW & NEXT’, the answer
marked will be taken for final evaluation.
The question numbers of attempted and unattempted questions are also shown to the right of the screen. A
candidate can then click on any of the question numbers to view the question, in order to attempt/ revise his/her
answer to the question.
Important Instructions :
- Candidates are not permitted to submit their answers before the entire test time i.e 60 minutes for
online preliminary exam and 160 minutes for online main exam, is over.
- A candidate can navigate between questions within the test by clicking on the question number displayed to the right of the screen.
- When a candidate clicks on a particular question, it takes some time for the question to appear. The time lost is not deducted from the total time allotted for the test.
- Under no circumstances should a candidate click on any of the ‘keyboard keys’ once the exam starts as
this will lock the exam.
Please share this article “SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2020 – Topics, Marks, New Exam Pattern & Weightage” एसबीआई क्लर्क सिलेबस to other aspirants who are attempting the SBI Clerk exam 2020 (SBI Junior Associates). If you have any doubts regarding the SBI Clerk prelims exam, SBI Clerk Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Topics, and weightage you can ask us via comment box.