Download MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes Pdf. Here you can check the Download Links to MBA 4th Sem Study Materials & Books. All the students who are doing an MBA, the following notes will help a fast understanding of the fundamentals of Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management. The core courses in an MBA program (MBA పెట్టుబడి విశ్లేషణ మరియు పోర్ట్ఫోలియో నిర్వహణ) cover various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and statistics, etc. From the following MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Notes, you can get the complete Study Material in Single Download Link.
Also, Read The Following Links:
- Advertising and Sales Promotion pdf for MBA – Download MBA 4th Sem Study Materials & Books
- Customer Relationship Management Notes MBA Pdf – Download MBA 4th Sem Study Materials & Books
- MBA Global Marketing Management pdf Notes- Download MBA 4th Sem Study Materials & Books
Content in this Article
MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes Pdf
“An individual who purchases small amounts of securities for themselves, as opposed to an institutional investor, Also called Retail Investor or Small Investor.” Investment is the employment of funds on assets with the aim of earning income or capital appreciation Investment has two attributes namely time and risk. Present consumption is sacrificed to get a return in the future. Portfolio management means the selection of securities and the constant shifting of the portfolio in the light of varying attractiveness of the constituents of the portfolio. It is a choice of selecting and revising the spectrum of securities to it in with the characteristics of an investor.
Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Notes Pdf Download
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Study Material|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Text Book|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Question Paper|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management PPT|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes|
Suggested Books for MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Punithavathy Pandian, SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, Vikas Publications Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi. 2001.
- Kevin.S, SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, PHI, Delhi, 2011
- Yogesh Maheswari, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, PHI, Delhi, 2011
- Bhalla V K, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, S Chand, New Delhi, 2009
- Prasanna Chandra, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2008
- Avadhani, VA 2008, SECURITIES ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 9th edn, Himalaya Publishing House
- Chandra, P, INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 3rd edn, TATA McGraw Hill
- Fischer, DE & Jordan, RJ, SECURITIES ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 6th edn, Pearson Education
- Gnanasekaran, E 2009, SECURITIES ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, 1st edn, Lakshmi Publications
MBA Investment Analysis and portfolio management Syllabus – 4th Semester
Unit – I
Investment – Basics of Investment – Investment, Speculation, and Gambling – Investment Categories – Investment avenues – Non-marketable Financial Assets – Money Market Instruments – Bond/Debentures – Equity Shares – Schemes of LIC – Mutual Funds – Financial Derivatives – Real Assets – Real Estate – Art – antiques and others.
Unit – II
Fundamental Security Analysis– Economic Analysis – significance and Interpretation of the Economic Indicators – Industry Analysis – Industry Growth Cycle – Company analysis – Marketing – Accounting policies – Profitability – Dividend Policy – Capital Structure – Financial Analysis – Operating Efficiency Management – Fundamental Security Analysis – Changes in the Financing Patterns of Indian Companies – Debt-Equity Ratio for India Companies.
Unit – III
Technical Analysis – Technical Tools – The Dow Theory – Primary Trend – The secondary Trend – Minor Trends – Support and Resistance Level – Indicators – Odd Lot Trading – Moving Average – Rate of Change – Charts – Technical indicators –Charting Techniques – Indicators of the Witchcraft Variety Efficient Market Theory – Basic Concepts – Random-Walk Theory – Weak Form of EMH – Semi-strong Form – Strong Form – The Essence of the Theory – Market Inefficiencies.
Unit – IV
Portfolio Analysis – Portfolio and Single asset Returns and Risk –Mean Variance Criterion – covariance – Beta (simple problems) – Portfolio Markowitz Model – simple Diversification – Risk and Return with Different correlation – Sharpe’s Single Index Model – Sharpe’s Optimal Portfolio – Construction of the Optimal Portfolio – Optimum Portfolio with short sales.
Unit – V
Asset Pricing Model Portfolio Evaluation – Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) – Security Market Line – Assumptions – Arbitrage Pricing Model (APT) – Portfolio Performance Models – Sharpe’s Performance Index – Treynor’s Performance Index – Jensen’s Performance Index.
MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Review Questions
- What information do you need? What analysis will you carry out?
- How will you communicate with the client and chief trader?
- What are the basic assumptions of CAPM?
- Given an account of the various types of mutual funds available in the capital market?
- What is the advantage of adopting the CAPM model in portfolio management?
- What is meant by a levered portfolio? How is it constructed?
- Explain the CAPM theory and its validity in the stock market?
- Describe the basic arbitrage pricing theory model of two factors?
- What are the advantages of APT over CAPM? Explain in detail.?
- What is meant by mutual funds? What is the advantage of the professionally of the managed portfolio?
- Distinguish between the open –end and closed-end mutual funds.
- State the reason for the Treynor and Sharpe giving conflicting performance ranking?
- Disting between the security market line and capital market line?
- Explain the concept and process of portfolio analysis?
- Explain the significance of covariance in the estimation of the risk of a portfolio?
- Define the Markowitz diversifications explain the statistical method used by Markowitz to obtain the risk-reducing benefit?
- How do the utility curves differ for risk-loving neutral and averse investors?
- What is the simple diversification (a) will it reduce total risk (b) will it reduce unsystematic risk?
- Explain the Sharpe index model? How does it differ from the Markowitz model?
- What are the steps in the traditional approach?
- How do you arrive at the optimum portfolio?
- Explain the constraints in the formation of objectives?
- What happens to the risk of a portfolio as more and more securities are added to the portfolio?
Buy MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management books Online at Amazon.in
- Ian Pagdin, Michelle Hardy
- Kogan Page
- Edition no. 1 (11/03/2017)
- Paperback: 616 pages
- Edition no. 6th edition (12/02/1999)
- Hardcover: 1253 pages
- M. Ranganatham, R. Madhumathi
- Paperback: 540 pages
- Sudhindra Bhat
- Excel Books
- Paperback: 681 pages
- Keith Brown, Frank Reilly
- Cengage Learning
- Paperback: 1100 pages
- Frank K. Reilly, Keith C. Brown
- Edition no. 7th Revised edition (11/17/2002)
- Hardcover: 1100 pages
- Physical Condition: Pen / Pencil Marks
- Frank Reilly, Keith Brown
- Edition no. 10 (11/15/2012)
- Paperback: 1096 pages
- Prasanna Chandra
- McGraw Hill Education
- Edition no. Fifth (03/10/2017)
- Paperback: 880 pages
We have Provided the MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Lecture Notes Pdf – Download MBA 4th Sem Study Materials & Books. Any University student can download given MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Notes and Study material or you can buy MBA 4th sem Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Books at Amazon also. Share this article with other Students of MBA who are searching for MBA 4th Sem Notes & Books. For more information about the MBA Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Notes, visit our website and you can clarify your doubts via comment box.