IGNOU B.C.A Admission 2021: Check out the details regarding IGNOU B.C.A Course 2021 – Eligibility, Fee, Application Form, Last Date of the exam in this article. Admission to the IGNOU BCA program is offered on a direct basis since it is an open university and the number of seats for each program is unlimited. The application for Indira Gandhi National Open University Courses is online and registration opens two times a year for January and June Session. Bachelor of Computer Applications course is a 3-year undergraduate course in Business Management which is considered an ideal degree for students pursuing managerial roles and leadership positions in the future.
Content in this Article
IGNOU B.C.A Course Overview
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Admission commences on|
|Re-registration||October to February|
|IGNOU exam form date||October|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||July session – May|
January session – October
|Term End Examination||To be notified|
|Release of hall ticket||10 days before examinations|
|Results||To be notified|
|Result Revaluation||Within a month from the release of results, revaluation of the exam can be requested.|
B.C.A full form is
Bachelor of Computer Applications
About IGNOU B.C.A
The basic idea of the program is to open a way of admission for computing courses for
students, who have done the 12th and are interested in taking computing/IT as a career. A student may be able to get an entry-level job in the field of IT on successful completion of B.C.A. After
acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree (BCA) at the University of IGNOU, there is an educational opportunity to go for an MCA at IGNOU.
IGNOU B.C.A Admission Eligibility Criteria
B.C.A(Bachelor of Computer Applications) Degree Eligibility
In order to qualify for admission to this program the student should:
- have passed 12th or equivalent qualification from a recognized college as of 1st July 2020.
- have to reach at least 18 years of age, as of 1st July 2020.
- have passed the entrance exam conducted for admission to this program
- work / willing to work in the industry as a full-time Intern / Apprentice / Employee.
B.P.P: Bachelor of Preparatory Program.
Last Date for IGNOU B.C.A Admission
|IGNOU Admission Due Date|
|July Session||Application form available||In the month of November|
|Last date to fill application||In the month of February|
|January Session||Application form available||In the month of May|
|Last date to fill application||In the month of August/ September|
- July session – Admission started on 5th may 2019 ended on 15th November
- January session – Admission started on 6th November ended on 11th February
- July session – Admission started on 15th November ended on 28th February
- January session – Cancelled
- July session – canceled
- January session – Will be updated soon
How to Apply for IGNOU B.C.A Admission?
- Visit the official website of IGNOU – ignou.ac.in
- Click on the “Click Here for New Registration” link for fresh registration or else enter your user name and password in the “Registered Log in” section.
Instructions to Fill B.C.A Admission Online
- Admission process comprises of the following:
- Step 1: Application for Entrance Exam
- Step 2: Payment for Entrance Exam
- Step 3: Practice the Exam to prepare for the Entrance Examination
- Step 4: Online Entrance Exam
- Step 5: Publishing of list of Shortlisted students on the website
- Step 6: Filling up Online Form for Workplace by shortlisted students.
- Step 7: Personal Interview of shortlisted students by Industry Partners offering Workplace.
Note: In-service students are not expected to fill up the online preference form.
- Step 8: Admission should be Confirmed by filling up University Admission Form and uploading documents for verification of eligibility by the University
- Step 9: Payment of Fees by selected candidates
- Step 10: Commencement of the program / Joining at Work provided by Industry Partner
- Admission process comprises of the following:
IGNOU UG Courses 2022
|Course Type||Course Name||Selection Basis|
|Undergraduate||B.C. A / B. A / B.Sc / B.Com / B.LI.S|
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Passed 12th exams or equivalent in relevant stream or subjects.
|BBA (RL) & (SM)|
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 exams in a relevant stream.
|BBA RL: Merit Based|
BBA SM: Merit and Entrance Based
The BCA program has a number of disciplines and courses from different schools of study.
- IGNOU B.C.A Subjects
- Foundation course in English
- Business Organization
- Computer Basics and PC Software
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
- Communication Skills
- Discrete Mathematics
- C Language Programming Lab
- Assembly Language Programming Lab
- Data and File Structures
- Introduction to Database Management Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming in C++
- C++ Programming Lab
- Data and File Structures Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Statistical Techniques
- Object-Oriented Technologies and Java Programming
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
- Introduction to Algorithm Design
- Internet Concepts and Web Design
- Java Programming Lab
- Statistical Techniques Lab
- Algorithm Design Lab
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Network Programming and Administration
- Web Programming
- Computer Oriented Numerical Techniques
- Business Communication
- Network Programming and Administration Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- Computer Oriented Numerical Techniques Lab
- Operating System Concepts and Networking Management
- Operating System Concepts and Networking Management Lab
IGNOU B.C.A course Fee details
- Per semester the amount is Rs. 5000 / -. The fees may change as and when the university changes. The student is advised to ensure that he pays the described semester fee. He may check the details of the fee from the concerned Regional Center
Process of payment of program fees
Fees should be paid online at the time of admission to the college.
Based on the marks obtained by the student in Courses, as per the evaluation system, the Bachelor of Computer Applications with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration shall be awarded as per the following marking scheme:
Unsuccessful Below 35%
Pass 35% – 49.9%
Second Division 50% – 59.9%
First Division 60% and Above
Examination Form of B.C.A course
It is an essential pre-requisite for you to submit the B.A course Examination Form for taking an examination in any course. You have to pay Rs 60 per course for the term-end examinations
Admit Card of B.C.A course
After receiving the examination forms, the University will send the admit card before the commencement of B.A course exam.
Your college is normally your examination center
Declaration of B.C.A course Result
It is your duty to check whether you are registered for that course and if you are eligible to appear for that exam or not. If you neglect this and take the exam without being eligible for it, your result will be dismissed.
Re-evaluation of B.C.A course Answer Script(s)
The students, who are not satisfied with the marks/grade awarded to them in the Term-end Examination may apply for re-evaluation within one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. the date on which the results are made available on the University’s website on payment of Rs 500 per course by means of demand draft drawn in favour of IGNOU and payable at New Delhi in the prescribed application form. The better of the two scores of original marks/grades and marks/grades after reevaluation will be considered and updated in student’s records.
For any queries and information refer to the article and ask your doubts regarding IGNOU B.A Admission course details, fees, and admission process through the comment section below.