GUJCET Counselling 2023: GUJCET is a state-level entrance exam organized by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board. GUJCET is organized for students seeking admission into Under Graduation engineering and pharmacy colleges in Gujarat. The role of GSEB ends with the declaration of results and the entire admission procedure of GUJCET 2023 including GUJCET Counselling (GUJCET काउंसलिंग), is regulated by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). GUJCET 2023 Counselling is monitored by ACPC and seats are allotted based on the merit and preferences of the students.
In other words, the committee will prepare a merit list of student names eligible for GUJCET Counselling and then allocate the Govt and Management seats to those students based on their rank and preference.
- GUJCET Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Download
- GUJCET Question Papers – Download in PDF
- GUJCET Answer Key/Solutions – Download
About GUJCET Counselling 2023 – Overview
Content in this Article
- OJEE Result 2023 | Merit List, Dates, Counselling & Cutoff
- JKCET Result 2023 | Counselling, Merit List, Dates, & Counselling
- CG PET Result 2023 | Dates, Counselling Cutoff & Merit List
- BCECE Result 2023 | Cutoff, Merit List, Dates & Counselling
- Assam CEE Result 2023 | Merit List, Dates, Counselling, Cutoff
GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) for admission to various undergraduate courses in engineering, pharmacy, and other fields offered by colleges in Gujarat.
The exam is usually held in the month of May and is open to candidates who have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and covers topics such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
Candidates who qualify for the GUJCET exam are eligible for admission to various courses offered by colleges in Gujarat. The admission process is generally based on the candidate’s performance in the exam and their 12th standard marks.
If you are planning to appear for the GUJCET exam, you should start preparing well in advance by studying the relevant subjects and topics thoroughly. You can also take mock tests and solve previous year question papers to get an idea of the exam pattern and difficulty level.
GUJCET Counselling Dates 2023
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Release of Notification||2nd Jan 2023|
|Starting of the Application process||6th Jan 2023|
|End of the registration process||25th Jan 2023|
|Availability of admit Card||2nd week of March 2023|
|GUJCET 2021 Exam||3rd April 2023|
|Publication of Answer Key||4th week of April 2023|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of May 2023|
|Starting of counseling||4th week of May 2023|
GUJCET 2023 Counselling Eligibility
To be eligible for GUJCET Counselling, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have passed the 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject.
- GUJCET Exam: The candidate must have appeared for the GUJCET exam and obtained a valid score.
- Domicile: The candidate must be a resident of Gujarat and should have a valid domicile certificate.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for appearing in GUJCET, but the candidate must fulfill the age criteria as specified by the respective institutions where they are seeking admission.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the 12th standard or equivalent examination.
GUJCET 2023 Counselling Process
The GUJCET counselling process involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates who have qualified for the GUJCET exam and meet the eligibility criteria must first register for the counselling process by filling in the required details and paying the counselling fee.
- Choice Filling and Locking: After registration, candidates must log in to the counselling portal and fill in their preferred choices of courses and colleges. They must then lock their choices before the specified deadline.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the candidate’s GUJCET score and their preferred choices, the counselling authority will allocate seats in various colleges. The candidates will be informed of their seat allotment through the counselling portal.
- Document Verification: Candidates who have been allotted seats must report to the designated help centers for document verification. They must carry their original documents and certificates for verification.
- Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment: After document verification, candidates must confirm their admission by paying the required fees and accepting the allotted seat. They must also complete any other formalities required by the respective college.
- Reporting to College: After completing the admission formalities, candidates must report to the allotted college within the specified deadline and commence their academic session.
It is important for candidates to keep track of the counselling schedule and follow the instructions provided by the counselling authority to ensure a smooth and hassle-free admission process.
GUJCET 2023 Counselling Fee
The counselling fee for GUJCET varies based on the category of the candidate. The counselling fee details are as follows:
- For General Category Candidates: The counselling fee for General category candidates is Rs. 350/-.
- For SC/ST/OBC Category Candidates: The counselling fee for SC/ST/OBC category candidates is Rs. 250/-.
The counselling fee can be paid online through net banking, debit/credit card, or through a bank challan at any designated bank branch. Candidates must keep the payment receipt safely for future reference. It is important to note that the counselling fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
Candidates must pay the counselling fee within the specified deadline to participate in the counselling process. Failure to do so may result in the candidate’s application being rejected.
Required Documents for GUJCET 2023 Counselling
The following documents are generally required for GUJCET counselling:
- GUJCET Admit Card: The admit card for GUJCET exam is an important document that contains the candidate’s roll number, exam center details, and other important information. Candidates must carry the admit card to the counselling center for verification.
- GUJCET Result: Candidates must carry a printout of their GUJCET result as proof of their performance in the exam.
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate: Candidates must carry the original mark sheet and passing certificate of their 12th standard or equivalent examination for verification.
- School Leaving Certificate: Candidates must carry the original school leaving certificate or transfer certificate issued by their previous institution.
- Domicile Certificate: Candidates must carry a valid domicile certificate as proof of their residence in Gujarat.
- Caste Certificate: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories must carry their caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Income Certificate: Candidates belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS) must carry their income certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Passport Size Photographs: Candidates must carry a few passport size photographs as per the specifications mentioned in the counselling notification.
GUJCET Counselling, Seat Allotment Details 2021
GUJCET Counseling is a gateway for admissions to all Government, Grant-in-aid and self-financed institutes in Gujarat under government quota seats and management quota. So, cracking the entrance exam is just not enough for students to get admission. Their names have to appear in the merit list released by ACPC to achieve eligibility in counseling.
The different stages of GUJCET Counselling 2021 are as under:
- Choice Filling
- Document Verification
- Seat Allotment
GUJCET Counselling Top Colleges
GUJCET counselling allows candidates to seek admission to various prestigious colleges in Gujarat. Some of the top colleges that participate in GUJCET counselling are:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar
- Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management (IITRAM), Ahmedabad
- Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad
- Government Engineering College, Bhavnagar
- Government Engineering College, Rajkot
- L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad.
Contact Details for GUJCET Counselling
Candidates can contact the GUJCET counselling authority for any queries or assistance related to the counselling process. Here are the contact details for GUJCET counselling:
- GUJCET Cell Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) Sector 10B, Near Old Sachivalaya Gandhinagar – 382010 Gujarat, India
- Phone: +91-79-23220538 Email: [email protected]
Candidates can also visit the official website of the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) for the latest updates and information on GUJCET counselling.
In this article, we have given the information about the GUJCET Counselling Details in the academic year of 2023. So, visit once on this page and if you have any confusion about this article give a comment via comment box otherwise move to the official site. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.
What is GUJCET?
GUJCET stands for Gujarat Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) for admission to various undergraduate courses offered by colleges and universities in Gujarat.
Who is eligible to apply for GUJCET?
To be eligible for GUJCET, candidates must be Indian nationals who have passed or are appearing in the final year of their Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or 10+2 examination from a recognized board. Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in their 10+2 examination.
What is the application process for GUJCET?
The application process for GUJCET usually starts in the month of March and is conducted online. Candidates can register and apply for the exam by visiting the official website of GSEB. They have to fill in their personal, academic, and contact details, upload their photograph and signature, and pay the application fee.
What is the syllabus for GUJCET?
The syllabus for GUJCET covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology based on the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board’s curriculum. Candidates can refer to the official website of GSEB for the detailed syllabus.
What is the exam pattern for GUJCET?
GUJCET is a pen-and-paper-based test that consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The exam has four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and Gujarati language. Each section carries 40 marks, and the total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
What is the marking scheme for GUJCET?
Each correct answer in GUJCET carries 1 mark, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
What is the minimum score required to qualify for GUJCET?
The minimum score required to qualify for GUJCET is 50% of the total marks. However, the final cutoff marks are decided based on various factors such as the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the difficulty level of the paper, and the availability of seats in colleges.