Computer Network Notes: Download Computer Network Notes For B.Tech. You can get the Complete Notes on Computer Network in a Single Download Link for B.Tech Students. Computer Network Study Materials (SLM), Important Questions List, Computer Network Syllabus, Computer Network Lecture Notes can be downloaded in Pdf format. We provide B.tech Computer Network study materials (कंप्यूटर नेटवर्क नोट्स) to B.Tech student free of cost and it can download easily and without registration need.
Also, Read The following links for More Information
- Unix and Shell Programming Lecture Notes Pdf- Download B.Tech 3rd Year Lecture Notes, Study Materials, Books
- Advanced Java Programming Books Pdf Free Download- B.Tech 3rd Year Study Materials, Lecture Notes, Books
- Database Management System Pdf Free Download Ebook- B.Tech 3rd Year Lecture Notes, Study Materials, Books
- Professional Ethics and Human Values Pdf Notes- Download B.Tech 3rd Year Study material, Lecture Notes, Books
Content in this Article
Computer Network Notes For B.Tech Students
Introduction to Computer Network:
Computer Network Notes: A network can be defined as a group of computers and other devices connected in some ways so as to be able to exchange data. Each of the devices on the network can be thought of as a node; each node has a unique address. Addresses are numeric quantities that are easy for computers to work with, but not for humans to remember. Some networks also provide names that humans can more easily remember than numbers.
Computer Network Notes For B.Tech
|Computer Networks notes for CSE pdf|
|computer networks handwritten notes|
|computer networks notes for CSE 5th sem|
|computer networks notes pdf|
|computer networks notes pdf for ECE PPT|
|computer networks Question Paper Pdf|
List of Reference Books for Computer Network- 3rd Year
- Tanenbaum and David J Wetherall, Computer Networks, 5th Edition, Pearson Edu, 2010
- Computer Networks: A Top-Down Approach, Behrouz A. Forouzan, FirouzMosharraf, McGraw Hill Education
- Larry L. Peterson and Bruce S. Davie, “Computer Networks – A Systems Approach” (5th ed), Morgan Kaufmann/ Elsevier, 2011
- Data Communications and Networking, Behrouz A. Forouzan, TMH
- Data and Computer Communications, William Stallings, PHI
- Computer Networks, Andrew S. Tanenbaum, PHI Version 2 CSE IIT, Kharagpur
- Wireless Communications; Principles and Practice, Theodore E. Rappaport, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education
- Satellite Communications, Timothy Pratt, Charles Bostian, and Jeremy Allnutt, 2nd Edition, Wiley
- Internetworking with TCP/IP; Principles, Protocols, and Architecture, Douglas E. Commer, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall of India
- Data Compression; The Complete Reference, David Solomon, 3rd Edition, Springer
- Network Security; Private Communication in a Public World, CharlieKaufman, Radia Perlmon and Mike Speciner, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall of India
Computer Networks Syllabus- B.Tech 3rd Year
• Understand state-of-the-art in network protocols, architectures, and applications.
• Process of networking research
• Constraints and thought processes for networking research
• Problem Formulation—Approach—Analysis—
UNIT – I:
Introduction: Network Topologies WAN, LAN, MAN. Reference models- The OSI Reference Model- the TCP/IP Reference Model – A Comparison of the OSI and TCP/IP Reference Models
UNIT – II:
Physical Layer – Fourier Analysis – Bandwidth Limited Signals – The Maximum Data Rate of a Channel – Guided Transmission Media, Digital Modulation and Multiplexing: Frequency Division Multiplexing, Time Division Multiplexing, Code Division Multiplexing Data Link Layer Design Issues, Error Detection and Correction, Elementary Data Link Protocols, Sliding Window Protocols
UNIT – III:
The Data Link Layer – Services Provided to the Network Layer – Framing – Error Control – Flow Control, Error Detection and Correction – Error-Correcting Codes – Error Detecting Codes, Elementary Data Link Protocols- A Utopian Simplex Protocol-A Simplex Stop and Wait Protocol for an Error free channel-A Simplex Stop and Wait Protocol for a Noisy Channel, Sliding Window Protocols-A One Bit Sliding Window Protocol-A Protocol Using Go-Back-N- A Protocol Using Selective Repeat
UNIT – IV:
The Medium Access Control Sublayer-The Channel Allocation Problem-Static Channel Allocation-Assumptions for Dynamic Channel Allocation, Multiple Access Protocols-Aloha- Carrier Sense Multiple Access Protocols-Collision-Free Protocols-Limited Contention Protocols- Wireless LAN Protocols, Ethernet-Classic Ethernet Physical Layer-Classic Ethernet MAC Sublayer Protocol-Ethernet Performance-Fast Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet-10-Gigabit Ethernet- Retrospective on Ethernet, Wireless Lans-The 802.11 Architecture and Protocol Stack-The 802.11 Physical Layer-The802.11 MAC Sublayer Protocol-The 805.11 Frame Structure Services
UNIT – V:
Design Issues-The Network Layer Design Issues – Store and Forward Packet Switching-Services Provided to the Transport layer- Implementation of Connectionless Service-Implementation of Connection-Oriented Service-Comparison of Virtual Circuit and Datagram Networks, Routing Algorithms-The Optimality principle-Shortest path Algorithm, Congestion Control Algorithms- Approaches to Congestion Control-Traffic Aware Routing-Admission Control-Traffic Throttling-Load Shedding.
UNIT – VI:
Transport Layer – The Internet Transport Protocols: UDP, the Internet Transport Protocols: TCP Application Layer –The Domain Name System: The DNS Name Space, Resource Records, Name Servers, Electronic Mail: Architecture and Services, The User-Agent, Message Formats, Message Transfer, Final Delivery
• Understand OSI and TCP/IP models
• Analyze MAC layer protocols and LAN technologies
•Design applications using internet protocols
• Understand routing and congestion control algorithms
• Understand how the internet works
Computer Network Important Question List
- Compare the WAN, LAN and MAN topologies.
- Define Encapsulation and Peer to Peer communication in the layered architecture.
- With neat sketch Explain Packet switching technique in detail.
- Give a brief explanation about copper cables with neat sketch.
- Describe the stop and wait for a protocol with a neat sketch.
- Explain the Distance Vector routing algorithm with an example.
- What are the differences between the Static Routing Algorithm and Dynamic Routing Algorithm?
- Explain TCP Connection management Finite State Machine. Explain all states in it.
- What is the significance of the data link layer? Explain the design issues of the data link layer.
- Explain the different layers of ATM.
- Write short notes on
(b) Network Security
Buy Computer Network Books Online at Amazon.in
Here we Required you the complete notes on the Computer Network Notes Pdf Free Download- B.Tech 3rd Year Lecture Notes, Study Materials, Books Pdf. Share this article with your classmates and friends so that they can also follow Latest Study Materials and Notes on Engineering Subjects. Any University student can download given B.Tech Computer Network Pdf Notes and Study material or you can buy B.Tech 3rd Year Computer Network Books at Amazon also. For any query regarding on Computer Network Pdf Contact us via the comment box below.