CIFNET Application Form 2020: Check out the latest updates of CIFNET 2020 Application Form, Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Dates, Admit Card, Results, Exam Pattern & Counselling. The Institute offers Courses such as Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) and Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC). The Institute invites applications for admissions in VNC/MFC Courses based on the Entrance Exam(CET) conducted by the University. Admissions will be offered to the candidates based on the performance in CET (CIFNET एप्लीकेशन फॉर्म).
Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the Counselling Process. Eligible candidates can apply for admissions available on the official website of the University. Through this article, you can get all the information about CIFNET Admission Dates. etc.
Also, read the following links for better information on the Entrance Test Topics.
- NITIE PGDIM PGDISEM Application Form, Registration, Fee, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Date, Eligibility
- NTPC Executive PGDM Application Form, Registration, Fee, Date, Eligibility
CIFNET full form is Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training
Content in this Article
About the University
The Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training (or CIFNET) formerly known as the Central Institute of Fisheries Operatives (CIFO), is a marine studies center located at Kochi, India. Maintained by the Department of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry of the Government of India, the institute was set up to aid research and development in the field.
The institute trains graduates in fisheries-related administrations. It is located at Foreshore Road near the School of Marines (CUSAT). The institute was set up in 1963 and is affiliated to the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
It is the only institute to offer a bachelor’s degree in both Nautical science and fisheries science. It has two other units in Visakhapatnam and Chennai.
CIFNET Application Form 2020 Exam Dates
|Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)|
|Application form release date||Started|
|Last Date to receive the filled-in application||3rd week of May 2020|
|Admit Card||to be announced!|
|CET Date||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC)|
|Last Date to receive the filled-in application||to be announced|
|Admit Card||3rd week of May 2020|
|CET Date||3rd week of May 2020|
Previous Year Dates
|Application Form for CIFNET begins from||4th week of March 2019|
|Last Date to submit application Fee (Bachelor of Fishery Science – Nautical Science)||May 2019|
|CET Exam Date (Bachelor of Fishery Science – Nautical Science)||To be declared|
|Last Date to submit the application form (VNC/Marine Fitter Course)||May 2019|
|CET Date (VNC/MFC)||June 2019|
CIFNET 2020 Application Details
CIFNET Application Form: Candidates can fill the application form through offline or online mode. Candidates applying for the admissions should follow the below-mentioned steps while filling the application form :
- Visit the official website of the Institute. i.e., http://www.cifnet.nic.in/
- Click on “Apply Online Here”.
- Enter the details such as Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Email ID, Phone Number for New User Registration.
- After the registration part is completed, the applicants will be provided with a new User ID and Password.
- Login with the credentials and fill the remaining application part such as Educational Qualification, Caste, Address.
- Upload Scanned Photo & Signature in prescribed size.
- Upload the required documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Make the fee payment through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or Demand Draft.
The Application Fee details are as follows :
|Category||Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)||VNC/Marine Fitter Course (MFC)|
|For General||Rs 500/-||Rs 300/-|
|For OBC/SC/ST||Rs 250/-||Rs 150/-|
CIFNET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the University. Candidates will not be allowed to attend the exam without the admit card. The Admit Card will be released 1 week before the exam commences. Here are the steps to download the CIFNET Admit Card.
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Login with user ID and password.
- Click on the “CIFNET” Admit Card link.
- Enter your application number and Date of Birth.
- Check all the details mentioned in the Admit Card are correct or not.
- Download the Admit Card and take a printout of it.
The following details are mentioned in the Admit Card :
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- State Code
- Date & Time of the Exam
- The venue of the Exam Centre
- Passport Size Photograph
CIFNET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The Mode of Exam is Offline.
- Objective Questions will be asked in the Exam.
- 1 mark will be awarded for the wrong answer.
- 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
CIFNET 2020 Result
Candidates can check their results on the official website of the University. All qualified candidates have to attend the Counseling Process. Steps to be followed to check out the results :
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Click on the link ” CIFNET 2020 Results “
- Enter your Roll Number & Date of Birth to access the result.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of it which will be useful during the counselling process.
CIFNET 2020 Seat Intake
Here are the details are given below for various courses.
|Courses||Number of Seats|
Admissions & Counselling
CIFNET Application Form: Candidates will be invited for the counselling based on the merit list & marks obtained in the Entrance Exam. In the Counselling Process, candidates will be allotted seats based on the preference and marks. After allotment of seats, candidates have to reach the allotted college for admissions. Candidates should carry relevant documents, Seat Allotment Letter & Admission Fee. No direct admission will be given to any of the applicants. If the candidates fail to submit the below-mentioned documents, their candidature will be canceled.
- 10th Certificate
- 12th Certificate
- Migration Certificate from last studied college
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- CIFNET Score Card
- CIFNET Admit Card
Hope this article will be useful for the candidates to get the details of CIFNET Application Form, Admission (CIFNET प्रवेश) Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Result, Counselling, Selection Process. If you have any queries, please mention it in the comment box. Share this article with your friends. Click on allow notifications options on our website to get the latest updates of Exam Updates.