CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus 2019-20, Chapter, Topics has been revealed. Class 12 students of 2018 – 19, who are looking for the Information of Class XII CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus 2019 may not have to worry about it. As we have provided the Information for Biotechnology Syllabus of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for Class 12 of 2019 in this article (सीबीएसई कक्षा 12 बायोटेक्नोलॉजी सिलेबस). Also, we have provided the pdf file for the students to Download PDF of CBSE 12th Class Biotechnology Syllabus for 2019. After going through this article, Students needs to immediately start their preparation.
The broad objectives of teaching Biotechnology at senior secondary level are:
- To expose the students to different basic processes and basic techniques used in Biotechnology.
- To help the learners know and understand the basic facts and concepts of the subject at the elementary stage.
- To develop conceptual competence in the learners so as to cope up with professional courses in the future career.
- To develop an interest in students to study biotechnology as a discipline.
- To familiarize the learners to understand the relationship of the subject to health, nutrition, environment, agriculture, and industry, etc.
- To acquaint students with different applications of Biotechnology in everyday life.
Content in this Article
Course Structure for CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus 2018 – 2019
|Unit – V||Protein and Gene Manipulation||100||40 Marks|
|Unit – VI||Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation||80||30 Marks|
CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus 2018 – 2019 for Class 12
Unit – V: Protein and Gene Manipulation
Chapter – 1: Recombinant DNA Technology
Introduction, Tool of rDNA technology, Making rDNA, Introduction of recombinant DNA into host cells, Identification of Recombinants, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Hybridization Techniques, DNA Library, DNA Sequencing, Site-directed Mutagenesis
Chapter – 2: Protein Structure and Engineering
Introduction to the world of proteins, the 3-D shape of proteins, Structure-Function Relationship in Proteins, Purification of Proteins, Characterization of Proteins, Protein-Based Products, Designing Proteins (Protein Engineering)
Chapter – 3: Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics
Introduction, Genome, Sequencing Projects, Gene prediction and counting, Genome Similarity, SNPs and Comparative Genomics, Functional Genomics, Proteomics, History of Bioinformatics, Sequences and nomenclature, Information Sources, Analysis using Bioinformatics tools
Unit – VI: Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation
Chapter-1: Microbial Cell Culture and its Applications
Introduction, Microbial Nutrition, and Culture Techniques, Measurement and Kinetics of Microbial Growth, Scale-up of Microbial Process, Isolation of Microbial Products, Strain Isolation and Improvement, Applications of Microbial Culture Technology, Biosafety Issues in Microbial Technology
Chapter – 2: Plant Cell Culture and Applications
Introduction, Cell, and Tissue Culture Techniques, Applications of Cell and Tissue Culture, Gene Transfer Methods in Plants, Transgenic Plants with Beneficial Traits, Biosafety of Transgenic Plants
Chapter – 3: Animal Cell Culture and ApplicationsIntroduction,
Animal Cell Culture Techniques, Characterization of Cell lines, Methods of Gene Delivery into Cells, Scale-up of Animal Culture Process, Applications of Animal Cell Culture, Stem Cell Technology, Tissue Engineering
- A Text-Book of Biotechnology – Class XI: Published by CBSE, New Delhi
- A Laboratory Manual of Biotechnology – Class XI: Published by CBSE, New Delhi
- Manual of Biotechnology – Class XII: Published by CBSE, New Delhi
- A Text-Book of Biotechnology – Class XII: Published by CBSE, New Delhi A Laboratory
Practicals for CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus
|Part – A.||Two experiments||6+6 (only one computer-based practical)|
|Practical record||04 Marks|
|Viva on Practicals||04 Marks|
|Part – B.||Project work|
|Write up||05 Marks|
|Viva on project||05 Marks|
- Detection of DNA by gel electrophoreses
- Isolation of Genomic DNA (CTAB method)
- Estimation of DNA
- Use of special equipment in biotechnology experiments
- Isolation of bacterial plasmid DNA
- Bacterial transformation using any plasmid
- Restriction digestion of plasmid DNA & its analysis by gel electrophoresis
- Isolation of bacteria from curd & staining of bacteria
- Reading of a DNA sequencing gel to arrive at the sequence
- Project work
- Cell viability assay
- Data retrieval and database search using internet site NCBI and download a DNA and protein sequence from the internet, analyze it and comment on it
Note: Every student will be required to do the following experiments during the academic session.
Also to download the pdf for CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus 2018 – 2019
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology Syllabus 2018 – 2019||Click Here|
CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus for Class 12, 2019-20 has been provided in this article. Students need not get worried about the Syllabus or Exams. Just check out this article and start the preparation quickly. Download the PDF of Class XII CBSE Biotechnology Syllabus 2018 from this article. The curriculum for March 2019 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2019-20. The syllabus for CBSE Class 12 Biotechnology is published by cbse.nic.in Central Board of Secondary Education, Head Office in New Delhi.