MA Sociology Course Details 2021 – MSO Fee, Duration, Eligibility, Career Options, Salary
Here, In this article, we are providing complete information about the MA Sociology Course Details like Admission, Career Options, etc. The MA Sociology is a post-graduation course with 2 years of four semesters. The students who want to start their career as a journalist and Administrator. For those candidates, MA Sociology Course is better.
And, also there are huge openings for MA Sociology Course graduates. The average salary is around 3 Lakhs per annum. After, This course completion they can go Ph.D. also which is better for their career. Distance education is also available. Scroll down the page for more information about the MA Sociology Course Details.
MSO full form is Master of Arts in Sociology
Content in this Article
MA Sociology Course Details Highlights
|Full-Form||Master of Arts in Sociology|
|Course level||Post Graduation|
|Eligibility||Bachelor Degree in Sociology|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 /-|
|Income||3 Lakhs per annum|
About MA Sociology Course?
- The MA Sociology Course will help the students in a better way about the different communities and society across the world.
- The Course will help the candidates to a better understanding of the Oral, Communication Skills, etc. which helps the candidates to understand complex techniques in different situations.
- By pursuing the MA in Sociology the candidates can get to know about Human Society, and its origin, etc.
MA Sociology Course Fee
The colleges/universities are charging around 5,000 rupees for MA Sociology Course. But, the college fee is different from college to college and university to university.
The main recruiting fields are international organizations, law firms, etc.
Course Fee: INR 5,000 /-
MA Sociology Admission Process
- The admission process is two ways. It can be either based on the merit-based or entrance test.
- The application forms for the MA Sociology Course will be released in the month of June.
- The candidates who are shortlisted, their names will be upload on the colleges/universities portal.
MA Sociology Course Eligibility
- The candidates who have completed their graduation in Sociology in that particular are suitable for this course with a minimum of 50% aggregate from post-graduation colleges or universities.
- There are cut off marks for the reserved candidates like ST/SC candidates.
- But, the cutoff marks are varied from college to college and university to university.
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology
MA Sociology entrance test
Here, is a list of entrance tests for the MA Sociology Course.
- MGU CAT 2020
- AUAT 2020
- TISSNET 2020
- The application for this course is through Online
- And, also the exam dates are also postponed due to the COVID 19
- The entrance test is mandatory for some colleges and universities.
The entrance test will be conducted in colleges like Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Punjab University, Tata Institute of Social Science.
For more about the registration process check out this link.
MA Sociology Course Distance Education
Some colleges are offering this course through distance education also. The duration of the MA Sociology through distance education is 5 Years. Here, are the some of top colleges/universities for distance education mode.
- Annamalai University
- School of Open Learning, University of Delhi
- Karnataka State Open University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
MA Sociology Course Top Colleges and Universities
- Nizam College, Hyderabad
- St.Mira’s College for Girls, Pune
- St.Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Mary and Jesus College, New Delhi
The mentioned are the top colleges/universities for MA Sociology Course. There are many colleges and universities offering this course. But, the above mentioned are the top colleges who offering this course with good infrastructure and etc. we mentioned with the college names and the places as well.
Master of Arts in Sociology Semester Syllabus
Based on the college education system and regulations the syllabus will change. But, any have there are some subjects that most of the colleges/universities are following. The below mentioned are the common subjects for MA Sociology Course.
Semester 1 Subjects
- Sociology Theories
- Sociology of Kinship
- Political Sociology
Semester 2 Subjects
- Sociology of India
- Methods of Sociological Research
- Economic Sociology
Semester 3 Subjects
- Society and Gender
- Sociology of Symbolism
- Society and Industry
- Sociology of Education
Semester 4 Subjects
- Sociology of Media
- Agrarian Structure
- Society and Populations
- Urban Sociology
And, also the important books for MA Sociology Course. These are some of the lists of the important books with authors that were mentioned below.
- Indian Society – author C.N. Shankar Rao
- Sociology – author Haralambus
- Sociology Theory – author George Ritzer
For more information about the MA Sociology Course question papers and the results visit this link
MA Sociology Course Career Options
After, Completion of the MA Sociology Course the candidates get a professional career path in the fields of law firms, human resources departments, etc.
The candidates can apply for various government jobs also.
They may go for teaching fields. And, also there are huge openings for MA Sociology in government offices as well. Some of the Career Options like
- PR Executives
MA Sociology Course Income
The average information after the completion of the MA Sociology Course is around 3 Lakhs per annum. Based on the job role and skill the income will also change.
Income : 3 Lakhs per annum.
MA Sociology Course Job Description
The candidates got a job as counselors the job role is to teach the students about the Sociology that how it will work in communities.
MA Sociology Scope
The candidates can go for future studies in the MA Sociology Course as per their interest. The higher studies in this course are M.Phil and Ph.D.
The MA Sociology Students can recruit in areas like Public Health, Law Firms, etc.
Ph.D. Sociology Colleges in India
- Christ University
- NIMS University
- BANASTHALI VIDYAPITH
These are the colleges for MA Sociology Ph.D. Course.
The above-mentioned information is completely about the MA Sociology Course Details like fee, eligibility, etc. For any other related information about the MA Sociology Course Details please mention them in the comment section. So, we can update them.