CA Foundation Exam Pattern & Paper Structure 2021 in Revised CA CPT Course. It is already known that the ICAI has revised the CA Course. CA CPT has revised and renamed as CA Foundation Course. Earlier CA CPT exams conducted in June and December months every year. Now CA Foundation exam will be conducted in May and November months of every year. Also, there are some changes in CA Foundation Exam pattern and Paper Structure of May 2021 & November 2021.
Earlier Common Proficiency Test conducts in only one day whereas CA Foundation examination will be conducted in 4 days. ICAI has already announced CA Foundation Time Table Nov 2021 (Exam Dates). Now check out the CA Foundation Examination Pattern, Marks weightage, and Paper Structure 2021.
Content in this Article
CA Foundation Exam Pattern 2021
There are 4 papers in CA Foundation. Out of 4 papers, 2 papers are subjective type and the rest of the 2 papers are objective type.
- Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting & Paper 2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting are subjective type papers.
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning &Statistics and Paper 4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge are objective type papers
- Negative marking is for objective type Papers only.
- No Negative marking for subjective type papers
- Negative marking of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer
- Students can qualify for Foundation Examination by securing 50 % in aggregate and 40 % in each subject individually.
Subjects in New CA Foundation (Revised CPT Course)
Paper I: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 2: Mercantile Law & General English (100 Marks)
Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
Paper 4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
You can check CA Foundation Syllabus 2021 here in pdf format with all Chapters, Topics in the Foundation examination from our previous article.
Marks Weightage in CA Foundation 2021 Exam
There are 4 papers in the CA Foundation examination. Each exam paper of 100 marks. Following are marks weightage in each paper.
|Paper 1||Principles and Practices of Accounting||100 Marks||Descriptive /Subjective Type|
|Paper 2||Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting||100 Marks||Descriptive/Subjective Type|
|Section A: Business Law – 60 Marks|
|Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting – 40 Marks|
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics Logical Reasoning and Statistics||100 Marks||Objective Type|
|Paper 3 – Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)|
|Paper 3 – Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)|
|Paper 4||Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge||100 Marks||Objective Type|
|Paper 4 – Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)|
|Paper 4 – Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)|
Is there a Negative marking system in CA Foundation?
Yes, There is a Negative marking system in CA Foundation Exam. But Negative marking is for objective type Papers only (i.e. Paper 3 and Paper 4). No Negative marking for subjective type papers 1 & 2.
Negative marks of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer.
CA CPT Vs CA Foundation – CA Course Comparison
|Old Scheme||Revised New Scheme|
|CA CPT||CA Foundation|
|Total of 200 Marks||Total of 400 Marks|
|Fundamentals of Accounting(60 Marks)|
|Principles and Practices of Accounting(100 Marks)|
|Mercantile Law (40 Marks)|
|Mercantile Law (60 Marks = ICA + SOGA + PA = 45 Marks + LLP + Companies Act = 15 Marks) and General English (40 Marks)|
|General Economics (50 Marks)|
|Business Economics (60 Marks) and Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)|
|Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)|
|Business Mathematics (40 Marks), Logical Reasoning (20 Marks) and Business Statistics (40 Marks)|
- CA IPCC RTP – Download Revision Test Papers pdf
- CA Final RTP (Old & New) – Download Revision Test Papers PDF from ICAI
- CA IPCC Study Material – Download ICAI Material
- CA IPCC Important Topics & Questions – By ICAI Faculty
- Free CA Inter Video Lectures by ICAI – Watch Now Online Classes
- CA Salary for CA Final Toppers, Freshers, 1st Attempt – Annual Salary Package
- CPT Reference Books for Preparation – Best Suggested Books
- ICAI Scholarship for CA Students – Merit & Need-based Scholarships
- Download CA Foundation Admit Card 2021 – Get ICAI Admit Card Here
- Revised CA Course 2017 applicable from 1st July 2017
Download CA Foundation Study Material for November 2021 & May 2021 and Don’t forget to share this article with all other CA Foundation Friends who are searching for CA Foundation Exam Pattern & Paper Structure 2021, marks weightage in Revised CA CPT Course and CA CPT Vs CA Foundation – CA Course Comparison. You can ask us your doubts regarding CA Foundation Course through below comment box.