CA Foundation Exam Pattern & Paper Structure 2022 has changed with the introduction of new CA CPT Course. CA CPT has revised and renamed as CA Foundation Course. CA Foundation exam will be conducted in May and November months of every year. Also, there are some changes in CA Foundation Exam pattern and Paper Structure of May 2022 & November 2022.
Earlier Common Proficiency Test conducts in only one day whereas CA Foundation examination will be conducted in 4 days. ICAI has already announced CA Foundation Time Table MAY 2022 (Exam Dates). Now check out the CA Foundation Examination Pattern, Marks weightage, and Paper Structure 2022.
Content in this Article
CA Foundation Exam Pattern 2022
There are 4 papers in CA Foundation. Out of 4 papers, 2 papers are subjective type and the rest of the 2 papers are objective type.
- Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting & Paper 2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting are subjective type papers.
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning &Statistics and Paper 4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge are objective type papers
- Negative marking is for objective type Papers only.
- No Negative marking for subjective type papers
- Negative marking of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer
- Students can qualify for Foundation Examination by securing 50 % in aggregate and 40 % in each subject individually.
Subjects in New CA Foundation (Revised CPT Course)
- Paper-1: Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 MARKS)
- Paper-2: Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 MARKS)
- Paper-3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics (100 MARKS)
- Paper-4: Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 MARKS)
You can check CA Foundation Syllabus 2022 here in pdf format with all Chapters, Topics in the Foundation examination from our previous article.
Marks Weightage in CA Foundation 2022 Exam
There are 4 papers in the CA Foundation examination. Each exam paper of 100 marks. Following are marks weightage in each paper.
|Paper 1||Principles and Practices of Accounting||100 Marks||Descriptive /Subjective Type|
|Paper 2||Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting||100 Marks||Descriptive/Subjective Type|
|Section A: Business Law – 60 Marks|
|Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting – 40 Marks|
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics Logical Reasoning and Statistics||100 Marks||Objective Type|
|Paper 3 – Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)|
|Paper 3 – Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)|
|Paper 4||Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge||100 Marks||Objective Type|
|Paper 4 – Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)|
|Paper 4 – Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)|
Is there a Negative marking system in CA Foundation?
Yes, There is a Negative marking system in CA Foundation Exam. But Negative marking is for objective type Papers only (i.e. Paper 3 and Paper 4). No Negative marking for subjective type papers 1 & 2.
Negative marks of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer.
- CA Final RTP (Old & New) – Download Revision Test Papers PDF from ICAI
- Free CA Inter Video Lectures by ICAI – Watch Now Online Classes
- CA Salary for CA Final Toppers, Freshers, 1st Attempt – Annual Salary Package
- ICAI Scholarship for CA Students – Merit & Need-based Scholarships
- Download CA Foundation Admit Card
Download CA Foundation Study Material for May 2022 & November 2022 and Don’t forget to share this article with all other CA Foundation Friends who are searching for CA Foundation Exam Pattern & Paper Structure 2022, marks weightage in Revised CA CPT Course and CA CPT Vs CA Foundation – CA Course Comparison. You can ask us your doubts regarding CA Foundation Course through below comment box.