CA Vs B.Com+MBA which is better ? Who earns more salary
CA Vs B.Com+MBA which is better ? Who earns more salary ? these are the most commonly asked questions before selecting the career by CA or MBA course. Are you getting confused to select the best course between CA and MBA? Do you want to know which career is better Chartered Accountant (CA) vs B.COM+MBA ? In this article, we’ve explained the CA Vs B.Com + MBA which one is better for great career.
- CA Salary 2017 for CA Final Toppers, Freshers, 1st Attempt
- ICAI Registration 2018 – CPT / CA Foundation Online Form Last Date, Fee
Content in this Article
CA Vs B.Com+MBA – which is better
Actually, CA & MBA both are two different career path not even similar one. MBA is totally different from CA. MBA is a general degree whereas CA is a specialization of sorts.But when you hold MBA with B.Com Degree, then you will have similar career opportunities.
Secondly what matters are your grades in BCom and MBA and type of institutions you pursue them from. An MBA from XYZ College from XYZ University may not be Equivalent to MBA from IIMs (Older ones) and some other top institutes.
|GET CA UPDATES|
Third is financial angle, MBA from a tier-1 college, the fees is in excess of Rs. 10 lacs. Even other normal colleges will cost you atleast 3 lacs for the 2 year program. Whereas CA officially costs you a little more than Rs. 45,000. Also MBA from an IIM requires you to have a consistent good academic background and you get cookie points for being a professional. So chances of a simple graduate diminish manifold.
But Both has similar employment opportunities.
Employment Opportunities for CA vs B.com+MBA (Finance)
- Budget Planning
- Business Consultancies
- Merchant Banking
- Public Accounting Firms
- Working Capital Management
- Foreign Trade
- Industrial Houses
- Inventory Control
- Investment Banking
- Policy Planning
- Public Accounting Firms
- Treasury and Forex Department
- Educational Institutes
Career – CA Vs B.Com+MBA can become
- Budget Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Cost Estimator
- Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Stock Broker
- M.Com Course Details – Colleges, Duration, Eligibility, Fee, Salary
- Tally Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- Certified Public Accountant CPA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Salary
- SAP Course Details – Fee, Duration, Salary & Job, Career Options
Disadvantages of B.com+MBA career
- Value for only MBA from Top Bschools like IIM, IIT, MICA, IIFT, NMIMS
- Education Fee is higher than CA Course. MBA Admission Fee for one year in Top management institutions Rs. 5lakhs to 15 lakhs.
- Grade & Score in B.com & MBA is important.
- Any one can complete B.com+MBA easily so supply of MBAs in India is very high.
- Can not certify the Annual Reports and Balance Sheet. It can be done only by CAs.
- Every year, about 3.5 lakh students are going to get admissions in MBA and after 3 years there might be minimum 2 lakh MBA freshers will be unemployed and therefore recession will take place for MBA graduates .
- Less Pay for Non-Bschool MBAs
Disadvantages of CA career
- Becoming a CA is very difficult
- Less pass percentage (some times less than 1%)
- CA has limited career opportunities when compared to B.com+MBA
- CAs have less Communication skills and Management Skills.
- More Working Hours & Work Pressure
- High Career Competition from B.Com+MBA graduates
Who earns more salary – CA vs B.com+MBA
That. Totally Depends
If you are talking about MBAs from Top notch BSchools like. IIMs, MICA, FMS-Delhi, IIFT, ISB, XLRI, JBIMS, NMIMS, IITs. Then undoubtedly. MBAs earn far better than CAs
But if you talk about non premier institutes then CAs earn better salary.
Average Salary for CA vs MBA+B.Com
|CA salary per month|
B.Com+MBA salary per month
|Fresher||Rs.20,000 to Rs.35,000||Fresher||Rs.10,000 to Rs.35,000|
|1-3 years experience||Rs. 35,000 to Rs.75,000||MBA from B.School||Rs. 1 lakh to 3 lakhs|
|starting salary with additional certificates||Rs. 55,000 to Rs.95,000||starting salary with additional certificates(Non-B.school)||Rs. 35,000 to Rs.75,000|
|Senior Auditor / Tax Consultant||Rs. 1.5 Lakh to 3 Lakhs||Senior Manager / officer||Rs. 1.5 Lakh to 3 Lakhs|
|Company CA||Rs.80,000 to 3 Lakhs||Company CEO||Rs. 3 Lakhs to 5 lakhs|
There are CA’s who earn Rs.10,00,000 per year and on the other-side there are CA’S who also earn below Rs. 2 Lakh per year. And same is the situation with an B.Com+M.B.A. Both cannot be compared with each other. You need to find out your subject of interest and then decide what you should take up.Whether you have interest in accounting or projects. But just remember one thing , whatever you do just do best in that.
To make more money, it is not necessary to just grab the degrees like M.B.A. or C.A..
Its your misconception that M.B.A. earns more than a C.A. or vice versa. Instead money making depends on your hardwork , passion and wit. Today we have many examples who don’t have any degrees but still they are millionares. So just believe in yourself and put up yourself in field which you like and in which you have interest and passion.
- Chartered Financial Analyst CFA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Salary
- MCA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- FRM Course Details – Fee, Exam Pattern, Career Options
- B.com Course Details – Admission, Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Syllabus & Jobs
- MBA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- CS Course Details- Fee, Eligibility, Duration, Job & Salary
- ACCA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
Hope we have clarified answer for CA Vs B.Com+MBA which is better ? Who earns more salary ? and the best course between CA and MBA? Share this article to other students who are confusing to choose the career in Accountancy and Management fields.