Architecture Course Details in India: If you want to choose your career in constructing buildings, definitely Architecture Courses are the best career options. If you are looking for the Degree Courses in Architecture in India, then you are in the right place. We’ve provided the course details, list of Degree Courses, Diploma Courses and Certificate Courses in Architecture in India (ఆర్కిటెక్చర్ కోర్సులు).
They are so many colleges are providing Bachelor’s Degree B.Arch, B.Plan, B.Tech Civil Engineering, Master Degree M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.Arch, Ph.D. in Architecture. Green Architecture / Sustainable architecture, Landscape Architecture, Museum Architecture, Naval Architecture, and Theatre Architecture are the major courses in Architecture.
Architecture Courses in India – Career after 10th & 12th
Content in this Article
Architecture is a field that involves planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. It is an exciting and challenging field that combines creativity, engineering, and technology. In India, there are several architecture courses available for students who wish to pursue a career in this field.
Architecture Courses mainly focus on the development of the skills which are required to become an Architect. Students learn the process of construction of commercial buildings, airport terminals, highways construction, malls, complexes, and civil construction by applying their innovative ideas and analytical skills. It also includes the theory and practice of designing process and as well as the commercial drawing techniques.
- Polytechnic Courses after 10th 2023– Eligibility, Admission, Top Colleges, Fee
- Diploma Courses after 10th in 2023 – Top Colleges, Eligibility, Admission Process
- Career After 12th in India 2023 – Best Career Options after 10+2 & Salary
- Career After 10th Class in India 2023 – Career Options, How to Choose, Salary
- How to become Real Estate Agent in 2023 – Salary, Career, Skills, Eligibility
Architecture Courses After 10th
There are several diploma courses in architecture that you can pursue after completing your 10th standard. These courses will provide you with a basic understanding of the principles of architecture and prepare you for further studies in the field. Here are some of the most popular architecture courses after 10th in India:
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship (DAA): This is a two-year diploma course that covers the basics of architecture, including design, drawing, and construction. The course also includes practical training in the field.
- Diploma in Interior Design: This is a one-year diploma course that focuses on the design and decoration of interior spaces. The course covers topics such as space planning, furniture design, and color theory.
- Diploma in Building Technology: This is a two-year diploma course that covers the technical aspects of building construction, such as structural design, building materials, and building codes.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering: This is a three-year diploma course that covers the basics of civil engineering, including design, construction, and maintenance of buildings and other structures.
- Certificate Course in Architecture: This is a one-year course that provides an introduction to the basics of architecture, including design, drawing, and construction.
Architecture Courses After 12th
Students who have completed their 12th standard can opt for a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) course, which is of five-year duration. If you have completed your 12th standard and are interested in pursuing a career in architecture, there are a number of courses you can choose from. Here are some of the popular architecture courses after 12th in India:
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch): This is a 5-year undergraduate degree course that is recognized by the Council of Architecture (COA). The course provides a comprehensive understanding of architecture and the skills required to design and construct buildings.
- Diploma in Architecture: This is a 3-year diploma course that provides a strong foundation in architecture. The course covers topics such as architectural drafting, building materials, building construction, and architectural design.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Interior Design: This is a 3-year undergraduate degree course that focuses on the design and decoration of interior spaces. The course covers topics such as interior design, space planning, furniture design, and lighting design.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Architecture: This is a 4-year undergraduate degree course that provides a strong foundation in the creative aspects of architecture. The course covers topics such as drawing, painting, sculpture, and digital art.
- Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan): This is a 4-year undergraduate degree course that focuses on the planning and management of urban and regional development. The course covers topics such as land use planning, environmental planning, and transportation planning.
Also Read :
- B.Arch Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- School of Planning and Architecture Admission, Last Date, Courses offered
Degree Courses in Architecture in India
|Degree Courses in Architecture||Total Colleges|
Bachelor of Architecture
|B.Arch. (Architecture and Regional Planning) |
Bachelor of Architecture in Architecture and Regional Planning
|B.Arch. (Building and Construction Management) |
Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management
|B.Arch. (Interior Design) |
Bachelor of Architecture in Interior Design
|B.Arch. (Landscape Architecture) |
Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture
|B.E. (Construction Technology) |
Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Technology
Bachelor of Planning
|B.Sc. (Residential Space Design and Management) |
Bachelor of Science in Residential Space Design and Management
|B.Tech. (Urban & Regional Planning) |
Bachelor of Technology
|Bachelor of Construction Technology||1|
|Executive Master of Architecture Advanced Design||1|
Master of Architecture
|M.Arch. (Advanced Design) |
Master of Architecture in Advanced Design
|M.Arch. (Architectural and Settlement Conservation)||1|
|M.Arch. (Architectural Conservation) |
Master of Architecture in Architectural Conservation
|M.Arch. (Architectural Design) |
Master in Architecture in Architectural Design
|M.Arch. (Building Construction and Management) |
Master of Architecture in Building Construction and Management
|M.Arch. (Computer Applications) |
Master of Architecture in Computer Applications
|M.Arch. (Construction Management) |
Master in Architecture in Construction Management
|M.Arch. (Digital Architecture) |
Master of Architecture in Digital Architecture
|M.Arch. (Environmental Architecture) |
Master in Architecture in Environmental Architecture
|M.Arch. (Industrial Design) |
Master of Architecture in Industrial Design
|M.Arch. (Interior Design) |
Master of Architecture in Interior Design
|M.Arch. (Landscape Architecture) |
Master of Architecture in Landscape Architecture
|M.Arch. (Theory & Design) |
Master of Architecture (Theory & Design)
|M.Arch. (Urban Design) |
Master of Architecture in Urban Design
|M.E. (Housing) |
Master of Engineering in Housing
|M.E. (Landscape Architecture) |
Master of Engineering in Landscape Architecture
|M.E. (Urban Design) |
Master of Engineering in Urban Design
|M.Phil. (Architectural and Settlement Conservation) |
Master of Philosophy in Architectural and Settlement Conservation
|M.Sc. (Urban and Regional Planning) |
Master of Science in Urban and Regional Planning
|M.Tech. (Urban Planning) |
Master of Technology in Urban Planning
|Master of Building Engineering and Management||1|
|Master of Interior Architecture & Design||14|
|Master of Planning (Environmental Planning)||3|
|Master of Planning (Housing)||3|
|Master of Planning (Industrial Area Planning and Management)||1|
|Master of Planning (Infrastructure) |
Master of Planning in Infrastructure
|Master of Planning (Regional Planning)||2|
|Master of Planning (Rural Planning and Management) |
Master of Planning in Rural Planning and Management
|Master of Planning (Transport Planning) |
Master of Planning in Transport Planning
|Master of Planning (Urban and Regional Planning)||3|
|Master of Planning (Urban Planning) |
Master of Planning in Urban Planning
|Masters in Planning |
Masters in Planning
|Ph.D. (Architectural Conservation) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Conservation
|Ph.D. (Architecture) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture
|Ph.D. (Building Engineering and Management) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Building Engineering and Management
|Ph.D. (Environmental Planning) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Planning
|Ph.D. (Housing) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Housing
|Ph.D. (Industrial Design) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Design
|Ph.D. (Landscape Architecture) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Landscape Architecture
|Ph.D. (Physical Planning) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Planning
|Ph.D. (Regional Planning) |
Doctor of Philosophy in Regional Planning
|Ph.D. (Transport Planning)||1|
|Ph.D. (Urban Design)||1|
|Ph.D. (Urban Planning)||3|
Diploma Courses in Architecture
|Diploma Courses in Architecture||Total Colleges|
|Diploma in Architectural Assistantship||57|
|Diploma in Architecture Engineering||55|
|Diploma in Construction Management (DCM)||4|
|Diploma in Construction Technology (DCT)||4|
|Foundation Diploma in Architecture and Design (F.D.A.D.)||1|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Construction Management||2|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Town – Country Planning||1|
Architecture Entrance Exams
To pursue a career in architecture, students must appear for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) or the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for B.Arch. NATA is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA), and JEE for B.Arch is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). These exams evaluate a student’s aptitude and knowledge of mathematics, general aptitude, and drawing.
Eligibility & Qualification
Candidates who are interested in Architecture Course with at least 55% marks (Science) in their 12th standard examination are eligible to apply for any Architecture course. They should also qualify any of the entrance examinations like AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or the National Aptitude Test in Architecture conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture. Students with excellent drawing abilities, clarity of thought, creativity, strong aesthetic sense, and social awareness are likely to get through.
Architecture Course Duration
- Architecture Course Duration: 2 – 5 years
The duration of any undergraduate architecture courses or B.Arch is 5 years. Architecture courses provide both theoretical and practical training and helps a candidate develop and sharpen his creative skills. Higher degrees like M.Arch and Ph.D. can also be acquired thereafter.
Architecture Course Syllabus
The architecture syllabus covers a wide range of topics, including architectural design, building construction, structural design, building materials, environmental studies, history of architecture, and professional practice. The course is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the principles and practices of architecture.
Architecture Course Internships
Architecture internships are an essential part of the architecture course and provide students with practical experience in the field. During internships, students work with established architects and designers, learn new skills, and gain exposure to real-life projects. Internships also help students build their portfolio and network with professionals in the industry.
Top Architecture Course Colleges in India
There are several architecture colleges in India that offer both diploma and B.Arch courses. Some of the top architecture colleges in India include the School of Planning and Architecture in Delhi, the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, the Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee, the National Institute of Technology in Trichy, and the National Institute of Technology in Calicut. These colleges have state-of-the-art facilities and experienced faculty who provide students with the best possible education.
Some top colleges for architecture courses in India include:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- Sir J.J College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Department of Architecture, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirapalli
Career Options in Architecture
Architects in India have lots of job opportunities in architect firms, universities, consultancy companies, etc. The global market, especially in the USA, Australia and Dubai provide attractive careers and jobs for architecture graduates.
The scope of Architecture is vast as it has varied applications even in nonrelated areas. Architecture encompasses plumbing, sewerage system, heating, cooling, ventilation systems, electrical wiring, landscape arrangements and so on. In some cases, interior architecture and furnishings need to be specified as well.
Some of the specialised fields in Architecture are –
- Information technology
- Real Estate / Property development
- Historic preservation
- Architectural Journalism
- Production drawing
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contact administration
- Model making
- Expert witness
Job Options for Architectures
They can also join their career path with the following job profiles:
- Architectural Engineer
- Architectural Historian
- Art Director
- Building Contractor& Researcher
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Data Analyst
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Staff Consultant
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant Manager
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Journalist
- Ph.D. Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- Ph.D. Books & Notes For All Semesters in PDF – 1st, 2nd Year
- Agriculture Science and Technology Courses in India – Career After 10th & 12th
What is architecture?
Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings and other physical structures. It involves the planning, designing, and construction of buildings and their surrounding environments.
What are the eligibility criteria for pursuing architecture courses in India?
The eligibility criteria for pursuing architecture courses in India is a pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with at least 50% marks.
What are the popular architecture courses in India?
Some popular architecture courses in India include Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), Master of Architecture (M.Arch), and Post Graduate Diploma in Architecture (PGDA).
What are the career options after pursuing architecture courses in India?
After pursuing architecture courses in India, one can work as an architect, interior designer, urban planner, landscape architect, or construction manager. There are also opportunities to work in government organizations, private firms, and NGOs.
What is the duration of architecture courses in India?
The duration of architecture courses in India varies from 3 to 5 years, depending on the course and the institution.
What is the scope of architecture in India?
The scope of architecture in India is vast, as there is a constant demand for architects and related professionals in the construction industry. With the growth in infrastructure development, there are several opportunities for architects to design and construct innovative and sustainable buildings.
What are the top architecture colleges in India?
Some of the top architecture colleges in India include the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) Delhi, Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai, and Chandigarh College of Architecture.
What is the salary of an architect in India?
The salary of an architect in India depends on factors such as experience, location, and type of employer. On average, a fresh graduate can expect a salary of around Rs. 3-4 lakhs per annum, while experienced professionals can earn up to Rs. 20 lakhs per annum.
Architecture is a promising career option in India, and there is a growing demand for skilled architects. Students who are interested in this field can choose from a variety of degree and diploma courses and pursue a successful career in architecture.
We’ve listed the best B.Arch Architecture Colleges, and degree courses in Architecture in India. In this article, we’ve clarified the Architecture course details, Requirements, Top colleges for Architecture, Fee, and Employment Areas & Career options of Architecture. Share this article “Degree Courses in Architecture in India – Career Options after 10th & 12th” to other candidates who are interested in Architecture Career.
I have passed diploma in civil engineering 2019
Can I do architecture ?
Is there any architecture course for 3 years?
I have passed 12th in commerce faculty without mathematics and now I am in 2nd year of B.Com …Can I do Architecture ?