Check out the details of the Topic JNU 2020 Admission, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Date, Eligibility, Fee. Here we have provided the complete information on the Basic Details of JNU Admission 2020 like JNU Entrance Test 2020 Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Eligibility, JNU Entrance Test Syllabus, JNU 2020 Application Form (जेएनयू प्रवेश), and Fee. Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is the premier University which holds an entrance examination (JNUEE) for admission to various UG, PG and doctoral courses.
Also, read the following links for More Information on the following Topics.
- IISC Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Fee, Date
- PESSAT Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
- IPU CET Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Date, Eligibility, Fee
Content in this Article
About Jawaharlal Nehru University
Jawaharlal Nehru University (जवाहरलाल नेहरू विश्वविद्यालय) was established in 1969 by an act of parliament. It was named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. G. Parthsarthi was the first vice-chancellor. JNUEE required for admission to various UG, PG and doctoral courses. The written examination of JNU is conducted once in a year in the third week of May 2018 tentatively.
JNU 2020 Exam Dates
|Events||Dates 2020 (Expected)|
|Application form release||3rd week of Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit the application||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Date of MBA viva/ interview of shortlisted candidates||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Final result||4th week of Apr 2020|
|Booking of seats||3rd week of May 2020|
|Closing of booking of seats||1st week of May 2020|
|Second list||2nd week of May 2020|
|Booking of seats||2nd week of May 2020|
|Closing of booking of seats||3rd week of May 2020|
JNU 2019 Exam Dates
|Application Form Starts from||September 15, 2019|
|Last Date for Applying||October 13, 2019|
|Last Date for Corrections in Application||October 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||December 2019|
|JNU Entrance Exam||December 2019|
|Announcement of Merit List||July 2019|
|Admissions Begin from||July 2019|
|Last Date for Admission||August 2019|
JNU Full Form is Jawaharlal Nehru University
JNU 2020 Application Form
The Entrance Test Online Application Available on the Official Website of Jawaharlal Nehru University. Application form for all courses is issued from September 2018. The following we provide the Online Application form for JNU 2020 Entrance Test.
- JNU 2020 Application Form
How To Apply:
- The Jawaharlal Nehru University Admission Test 2018 Application Form available for the Candidates to apply in online mode only.
- Submit all required documents in the Application Form. After submitting all details in the form of entrance test students required to upload the scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- After the Registration process completion Print the Application as a Hard copy.
Application Fee For JNU 2020 Test
The Application Fee for the Entrance test is based on the course selected by the student. The Application Fee is applied for UG and PG courses below, Candidates can submit the fee Payment of the Application fee can be pay through online mode. The Payment of Application Fee is refundable.
|No. of Choices|
|BA (Hons.) 1st & 2nd year and all Part-Time programs||M.Phil/M.Tech/MPH/ Pre-Ph.D/Ph.D, MA, M.Sc, MCA||Foreign Nationals|
|GEN/OBC Category||SC/ST/PWD/BPL||GEN/OBC Category||SC/ST/PWD/BPL|
|For 1 Choice||Rs.400||Rs.265||Rs.530||Rs.310||Rs.2420|
|For 2 Choices||Rs. 575||Rs.325||Rs.800||Rs.415||Rs.5190|
|For 3 Choices||Rs. 750||Rs.380||Rs.1000||Rs.500||Rs.6920|
JNU Entrance Test Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Test 2018 which includes the Age limit for Admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University 2018, Jawaharlal Nehru University Admission Qualification as follows. The Following Group or Category of Courses list is the Eligibility for the Admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Age Limit: There’s no specific age limit to appear in Common Entrance Test 2020.
- BA (Hons.): Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 45% marks.
- BA (Hons.): Candidates have to qualify for the 1st year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination.
- MA Course: Candidates have to complete their bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
- MCA Course: Candidates have to pass BCA or B.Tech degree with mathematics in the 12th or graduate-level & secure at least 55% marks.
JNU Qualifying Marks
Program of Study
|General Category||OBC Category||SC/ST & PH Category|
|M.Phil./Ph.D., M.Tech./ Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., MPH/PH.D.||40%||36%||30%|
|M.A./M.Sc./MCA, B.A.(Hons.) 1st & 2nd Year Part-Time (COP & Advanced Diploma in Mass Media in Urdu||30%||27%||25%|
JNU 2020 Exam Pattern
The entrance examination will be conducted in offline mode. There would be negative marking so One mark would be deducted for any incorrect answers. The exam pattern according to the marks and selected course by students for the JNU entrance Test 2020 Test is given as follows,
- Ph.D.: The Ph.D. entrance test for applicants appearing for JNU 2018 is intended to evaluate the awareness of a candidate in a particular specialization. The written test will consist of namely analytical and critical appraisal type questions.
- M.SC: Applicants will be tested for knowledge of broad areas of physics, physical chemistry and mathematics of B.Sc level. The test will consist of objective type questions.
- MCA: Questions will be of objective type questions and will consist of a question in Computer application and information technology.
- M.Tech: All questions will be of multiple choice types. The question paper will be divided into two parts. The first part will consist of questions in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, and the second part will consist of questions in following specialization of Biology and Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics/ Statistics, Engineering Sciences.
- M.A: Candidates will be examined on the subjects and specialization in the standard B.A course.
- BA (Honours): This general aptitude test will consist of objective type questions and short answers. The entrance test for BA (Honours) Foreign Languages will comprise of sections of General Knowledge, General English and Elementary Knowledge.
Syllabus for JNU Entrance Test 2020
The JNU syllabus will be based on the Entrance Test of Selected course by the Student. The Following are the Course list for Syllabus to Revise in the Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Test.
Click Here: Entrance Test Syllabus
How to Prepare JNU Exam
- The best source is to refer the past question papers and practice those model papers. When we refer to the previous question papers then we automatically know the important topics and type of the questions.
- Mark the questions that we feel important or tough.
- Put small daily targets, weekly targets and Revise the subject or topic as many times as possible until you are perfect on that.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory.
Model/Previous Years Questions for JNU Entrance Test 2019
You can Check the previous Question Papers for JNU Entrance Test 2019 Exam. We provide the Official Question Papers for the Candidates appearing in JNU entrance Test 2019 exam.
Click Here: Exam Previous Question Papers
JNU University will release the answer key of the entrance Test 2019 tentatively After the Exam. The Candidates can check their answers with the official answer key to know the expected marks.
Click Here: Exam Answer Key
Candidates will be able to get the Entrance Test to admit card 2020 through online mode from the website. Applicants can download JNU 2020 admit card in December 2018 tentatively. candidates who have successfully submitted their application form within the time frame. Admit card will contain exam schedule, exam center details, candidate’s roll number, etc.
Click Here: Exam Admit Card
The Result will be available from Jawaharlal Nehru University in online mode declared tentatively on After the written exam available on the official website. Candidates can check their JNU Entrance Test 2018 result by entering roll number. The merit list will be declared after the results official available on the institute’s website.
Click Here: Exam Results
Cutoff & Merit List
JNU receives the Results of candidates that will be placed in the merit list as per rank secured in the examination. A separate merit list will be prepared for Students who qualify in the Entrance Test.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Admission of Counselling 2020 will be conducted for the rank holders who have qualified the Entrance Exam. The Candidates have to register for counseling on the official website after successfully clearing the JNU Entrance Test 2020.
- The Qualified Students will be called for counseling as per their preferences are given in the application form as per the streams of Students and Rank Qualified on the entrance Exam.
Also, Read The Following Links For More Information.
- CUCET Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Answer Key, Date, Eligibility
- IISER Admission Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
- ICAR AIEEA Application Form Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Exam Date
- AEEE Application Form, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Date, Eligibility
Hope you may get the Complete information on the Concept Details of JNU Admission 2020 Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Date, Eligibility, Fee. For any query, you can contact us via the comment box. You can share or subscribe to our Website for more information on Other Concepts.