JIPMER Counselling 2023: JIPMER is a state-level entrance examination organized by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board. JIPMER is conducted for students seeking admission into UG engineering and pharmacy colleges in Jawaharlal Institute. The role of HPCET ends with the declaration of result and the entire admission process of JIPMER 2023 including JIPMER Counselling (JIPMER परामर्श), is regulated by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
JIPMER 2023 Counselling is monitored by ACPC and seats are allotted strictly based on merit and preferences of the candidates. In other words, the committee will prepare a merit list of student names eligible for JIPMER Counselling and then allocate the Govt and Management seats to those students based on their rank and preference.
- JIPMER Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Download
- JIPMER Question Papers – Download
- JIPMER Result – Cutoff Marks & Merit List
About JIPMER Counselling 2023 – Overview
Content in this Article
- OJEE Result 2023 | Merit List, Dates, Counselling & Cutoff
- JKCET Result 2023 | Counselling, Merit List, Dates, & Counselling
- CG PET Result 2023 | Dates, Counselling Cutoff & Merit List
- BCECE Result 2023 | Cutoff, Merit List, Dates & Counselling
- Assam CEE Result 2023 | Merit List, Dates, Counselling, Cutoff
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical education & Research) is it is located in Pondicherry. JIPMER is the few Institutions in the country that provides the medical education to the postgraduate students & under graduate students. JIPMER is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University for admission to undergraduate medical and dental programs in various colleges across the state. The exam is usually conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based) and consists of multiple-choice questions from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
JIPMER Counselling Dates 2023
|Event Names||Tentative Dates 2020|
|Starting of online registration||1st week of Mar 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of Apr 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of May 2023|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam||2nd week of Jun 2023|
|Announcement of result and release of a rank letter||3rd week of Jun 2023|
|Starting of Counselling – First round||4th week of Jun 2023|
|Second round counselling||4th week of Jul 2023|
|Third round counselling||3rd week of Aug 2023|
|Final round counselling||4th week of Sep 2023|
JIPMER 2023 Counselling Eligibility
To appear for the JIPMER exam, the basic eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Age Limit: The candidate must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission or should complete the age on or before December 31, 2023. The upper age limit is 25 years for general category candidates and 30 years for reserved category candidates.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects. The minimum aggregate marks required for general category candidates is 50%, and for reserved category candidates, it is 40%.
JIPMER 2023 Counselling Process
The JIPMER counselling process involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates who have qualified for the GUJCET exam and meet the eligibility criteria must first register for the counselling process by filling in the required details and paying the counselling fee.
- Choice Filling and Locking: After registration, candidates must log in to the counselling portal and fill in their preferred choices of courses and colleges. They must then lock their choices before the specified deadline.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the candidate’s GUJCET score and their preferred choices, the counselling authority will allocate seats in various colleges. The candidates will be informed of their seat allotment through the counselling portal.
- Document Verification: Candidates who have been allotted seats must report to the designated help centers for document verification. They must carry their original documents and certificates for verification.
- Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment: After document verification, candidates must confirm their admission by paying the required fees and accepting the allotted seat. They must also complete any other formalities required by the respective college.
- Reporting to College: After completing the admission formalities, candidates must report to the allotted college within the specified deadline and commence their academic session.
JIPMER 2023 Counselling Fee
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) conducts its own entrance exam for admission to MBBS and other medical courses. After the exam, JIPMER conducts the counselling process for seat allotment, and candidates who are allotted a seat are required to pay the counselling fee.
The JIPMER counselling fee for MBBS and other courses is usually Rs. 1,500 for General and OBC candidates and Rs. 1,200 for SC/ST candidates. The counselling fee can be paid online through the official website of JIPMER using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Candidates must note that the counselling fee is non-refundable, and if a candidate fails to pay the counselling fee within the specified time, their candidature will be canceled. Candidates who are allotted a seat after the counselling process must also pay the admission fee, which varies depending on the college and course.
Candidates must visit the official website of JIPMER for more information regarding the counselling fee, admission fee, and other important dates and instructions related to the counselling process.
Required Documents for JIPMER 2023 Counselling
The following documents are generally required for JIPMER counselling:
- JIPMER Admit Card: The admit card for GUJCET exam is an important document that contains the candidate’s roll number, exam center details, and other important information. Candidates must carry the admit card to the counselling center for verification.
- JIPMER Result: Candidates must carry a printout of their GUJCET result as proof of their performance in the exam.
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate: Candidates must carry the original mark sheet and passing certificate of their 12th standard or equivalent examination for verification.
- School Leaving Certificate: Candidates must carry the original school leaving certificate or transfer certificate issued by their previous institution.
- Domicile Certificate: Candidates must carry a valid domicile certificate as proof of their residence in Gujarat.
- Caste Certificate: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories must carry their caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Income Certificate: Candidates belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS) must carry their income certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Passport Size Photographs: Candidates must carry a few passport size photographs as per the specifications mentioned in the counselling notification.
JIPMER Counselling, Seat Allotment Details 2023
he seat allotment process for JIPMER is based on the rank obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. The counselling process usually consists of three rounds, and candidates are required to participate in the counselling process to be considered for admission.
The JIPMER counselling process involves the following steps:
- Registration: Candidates who are eligible for counselling must register themselves for the counselling process by visiting the official website of JIPMER.
- Document Verification: After registration, candidates must attend the document verification process. Candidates must bring all the required documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- Choice Filling: After document verification, candidates must fill their choices of colleges and courses in which they wish to take admission.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the merit rank, preferences, and availability of seats, JIPMER will allot seats to the candidates.
- Reporting to the allotted College: Candidates who are allotted a seat must report to the allotted college for admission within the given time frame.
JIPMER releases the result of the counselling process on its official website. Candidates can check their seat allotment result by logging in with their credentials on the official website. Candidates who are allotted a seat must complete the admission process by paying the admission fee and submitting the required documents within the specified time.
JIPMER Counselling Top Colleges
JIPMER counselling allows candidates to seek admission to various prestigious colleges. Some of the top colleges that participate in JIPMER counselling are:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- King George’s Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow
- Grant Medical College (GMC), Mumbai
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (SRMCRI), Chennai
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS), BHU, Varanasi.
Contact Details for JIPMER Counselling
ere are the contact details for JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research):
- Address: JIPMER, Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu, Puducherry-605006, India
- Phone: +91-413-2298288, 2298289
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.jipmer.edu.in/
For specific queries related to admission, entrance exam, counselling process, and other related matters, candidates can also contact the following offices:
- Office of the Dean (Academic): +91-413-2298283
- Academic Section: +91-413-2298285
- Admission Section: +91-413-2298284
- Examination Section: +91-413-2298287
- Student Grievance Redressal Cell: +91-413-2298286
In this article, we have given the information about the JIPMER Counselling Details in the academic year of 2020. So, refer once on this page and if you have any confusion about this article give a comment via comment section otherwise move to the official website. Don’t forget to share this article with our friends and family.
What courses are offered by JIPMER?
JIPMER offers various medical courses, including MBBS, MD, MS, MSc, PhD, DM, and MCh.
How do I apply for admission to JIPMER?
Candidates can apply for admission to JIPMER by filling the application form online on the official website of JIPMER.
What is the eligibility criteria for MBBS at JIPMER?
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects and must have secured a minimum of 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
How is the admission to JIPMER MBBS course done?
Admission to the JIPMER MBBS course is done through an entrance exam conducted by JIPMER. Candidates are selected based on their performance in the entrance exam.
What is the exam pattern for the JIPMER MBBS entrance exam?
The JIPMER MBBS entrance exam is a computer-based test consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language, and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
What is the duration of the JIPMER MBBS course?
The duration of the JIPMER MBBS course is 5.5 years, which includes 4.5 years of classroom and clinical training and 1 year of compulsory rotating internship.