If you are searching for Nursery Syllabus for the 2023, here is the CBSE Nursery Syllabus. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) provided detailed syllabus for nursery classes based on NCERT’s Guidelines for Preschool Education. All state board syllabus in India also almost same to the cbse syllabus except few changes.
Most of the nursery class syllabus CBSE is designed to help your child in the overall development. It is made in such a way to keep your child engaged in activities like writing, reading, number recognition, counting and solving problems.
Content in this Article
Aim & Objective of Nursery Syllabus
The main aim of Nursery class is to guide the child to develop himself as a better human being. The aim towards motivating the child to discover himself as an outstanding self reliant member of society. CBSE Nursery Syllabus aim at helping the child unfold his/her talents to facilitate and sharpen his mental and physical abilities. For this a systematic and dynamic child-oriented programme will be followed in the form of a Thematic Approach’ to provide the child with an independent congenial and a meaningful atmosphere.
This syllabus covers the latest curriculum and guidelines for nursery class by CBSE, ICSE and other state boards.
|CBSE Nursery Class syllabus PDF||Download|
CBSE Nursery Class Subjects
There are 6 subjects in CBSE Nursery Class Syllabus and all subjects contains 3 topics (i.e. Oral Topic, Written Topic, Practical Topic)
- Nursery English
- Nursery Mathematics
- Nursery Environmental Studies (Nursery EVS)
- Rhymes and Stories
- Arts and Craft
- General Activity
Nursery Syllabus 2022-23 with Subjects
Nursery Syllabus for English
- Introduction of Alphabets Aa
- Introduction of Alphabets (Two Letter Words)
- Introduction of Capital Alphabets
- Introduction of Small Alphabets
- Holding of Pencil or Crayon
- Picture Recognition of Alphabet
- Colouring the Block of Alphabet
- Matching Similar Alphabets
- Circle the Pictures Related to Alphabet
- Slating Line
- Zig zag line
- Circle and Curves
- Mixed Pattern
- Craft Activity
- Fun with Balls
- Colouring in Fruits and Vegetables
- Matching Lid
- Sand Paper Activity
- Clay Moulding
- Magical Alphabet
- Splash Me
- Fingerprint in Notebook
- Fun with Jelly
Nursery Syllabus for Maths
- Oral Introduction of Numbers
- Big and Small Numbers
- Pre-Maths Concept – Up, Down, Tall, Short, Long, In, Out
- Shape – Circle, Square, Triangle, Rectangle
- Colouring the Numbers Block
- Exercise Related to Big and Small
- Introduction of Number
- Making of Circle, Triangle, Square, Rectangle
- Count and Match the Numbers
- Circle the Correct Number
- Exercise Related to Concepts
- Body Parts
- Counting with Finger
- Fingerprint in Block of Number
- Craft Activity
- Counting with Artificial Fruits
- Conversation question
- Number Puzzle
- Colouring the Number in Notebook
- Number Scale
EVS Syllabus for Nursery
- Myself, My Body Parts, My Family, My School, My Neighbor
- Colours, Summer Season, Fruits & Vegetables
- Monsoon Season
- Festivals – Raksha Bandhan, Janmashtami, Independence Day
- Rainbow Colors
- Wild Animals, Farm Animals, Birds, Water Animals
- Mode of Transport
- Make your Family Tree
- Who I am, Know your Neighbor
- Vegetable Printing
- Fruit Chart
- Jigsaw Puzzle
- Explore the Nature
- Fun with Ice Tray
- Animal Puzzle
- Snake and Ladder
Nursery Syllabus for Rhymes and Stories
- English Poem
- Hindi Poem
- Popular Poem
- Historical Stories
- Funny Stories
- Cartoon Stories
- Patriotism Stories
Nursery Syllabus for Arts and Craft
- Finger Printing
- Cotton Dabbing
- Vegetable Printing, Sponge Printing
- Animal Collage Printing
- Transport Collage Printing
Nursery Syllabus for General Activity
- Wishing Everyone in the Morning
- Say Thank you and Goodbye
- Use of Word-like May I or Please
- Use of Dustbin
- Respect Everyone
- Learn Good Habits
- Aware of Bad Habits
- Avoid Junk Food
- Obey your Parents and Teachers
- Follow Traffic Rules
- Clean your environment
- Planting of Trees
- Pollution is Bad for Everyone
How many subjects are in CBSE Nursery Class Syllabus?
There are 6 subjects in the CBSE Nursery Class and they are English, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Rhymes and Stories, Arts and Crafts, and General Activity.
Is Nursery and LKG the same?
No. both are not same. LKG known as lower kindergarten. It is a pre-class after nursery.
What is the minimum age to go to Nursery Class in India?
The minimum age to go to Nursery Class is 3 years. 3-6 years old children can go to Nursery Class.
What Class after Nursery?
After Nursery, children go to the LKG Class.
Is it compulsory to go to Nursery Class?
No. Going to Nursery Class is not compulsory. Children can skip nursery class.