CBSE Legal Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2021: CBSE Class 11 Legal Studies Syllabus 2020-21, Chapter, Topics has been revealed. Class 11 students of 2020-21, who are looking for the Information of Class XI CBSE Legal Studies Syllabus 2020-21 may not have to worry about it. As, we have provided the Information for Legal Studies Syllabus of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for Class 11 of 2020-21 in this article. Also, we have provided the pdf file for the students to Download PDF of CBSE 11th Class Legal Studies Syllabus for 2020-21. After going through this article, Students needs to immediately start their preparation.
Content in this Article
The Latin maxim ignorantia juris neminem excusat, in plain, which reads as ‘ignorance of law is not an excuse’. This is one of the age old principles followed under the Roman Law and even in our own Common Law. If every person of discretion is to know what law is, an effort to teach law outside the remit of a professional law school may have significant social benefits.
Law is a subject which has been traditionally taught in Universities for almost eight centuries. Learning law outside the settings of a professional law school has a number of perceived benefits. Some familiarity with law enhances one’s understanding of public affairs and an awareness of one’s entitlements and duties as a citizen. It may also be helpful in eliminating some of the mistaken notions about law and some of the inveterate prejudices about law, lawyers and the legal system as such. Another advantage is that an understanding of law can undoubtedly encourage talented students to pursue a career in law – an objective which is laudable in its own right.
The pitfalls of learning law outside the settings of a professional school are rooted in two key assumptions: (1) law is too vast and complicated to be taught in a non-professional setting; (2) the lack of professional trainers and experienced teachers could lead to incorrect appreciation and understanding of law. If an understanding of law is mis-formed or ill-formed as some academicians think, it may require greater efforts to unlearn whatever was learnt earlier. Both these criticisms have attracted detailed scrutiny, but at least a few countries have introduced law at the High School level.
The experience of countries that have introduced law has been by and large optimistic. The Central Board of Secondary Education is introducing Legal Studies at the Class XI level. The proposal is to introduce one module in Class XI and a second module in Class XII.
CBSE Legal Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
The Units and Topics were mentioned in a table format for the students to understand in a very easier way. And, the PDF link was mentioned below in the table.
|1||Theory and Nature of Political|
|i. Organs of Government|
ii. Separation of Powers
iii. Basic features of the Constitution of India
|2||Nature and Sources of Law||i. Classification of Law|
ii. Sources of Law
iii. Law Reform
|3||Historical Evolution of the Indian|
|i. Ancient Indian Law|
ii. Making of the Indian Constitution
|4||Judiciary: Constitutional, Civil and|
Criminal Courts and Processes
|i. Constitution: Roles and Impartiality|
ii. Hierarchy of Courts
iii. The Civil Court Structure
iv. Structure and functioning of Criminal Courts in
v. Other Courts in India
|5||Family Justice System||i. Introduction|
ii. Institutional Framework
iii. Marriage and Divorce
iv. Domestic Violence
|6||Project of Unit 2|
Download CBSE Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
CBSE Legal Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2019-20
|1||Theory and Nature of Political Institutions||40||20 Marks|
|2||Nature and sources of law||45||20 Marks|
|3||Historical Evolution of Indian Legal System||45||20 Marks|
|4||Civil and Criminal Courts and Process||45||20 Marks|
|5||Family Justice System||45||20 Marks|
- To focus on the applicability of justice, equity and good conscience and more importantly the development of Common Law system in India.
- To provide a background of the evolution of the Indian legal system in a short and concise form.
- To provide exposure on various systems of law such as Common Law, Civil Law, Hindu Law, Islamic Law etc.
- To deal with principles of practical utility such as the concept of Rule of Law, principles of justice, differences between criminal and civil cases, the concept of crime and the fundamental theories of punishment, rights available to the accused at various stages of the criminal investigative process, or the key components of Human Rights, etc.
- To develop an understanding of the essential features of the Indian Constitution, including the role and importance of Fundamental Rights, Separation of Powers, Structure and operation of Courts, concept of precedent in judicial functioning, the process of legislation, basic principles of statutory interpretation, etc
- To understand the fundamental concept and subject matter of property, contract and tort.
- To enables students to form an understanding of rights and duties and various categories of liability principles which form the bedrock for an understanding of Law.
- To understand the rudimentary aspects of contract law such as formation of contract, terms and conditions, discharge, etc.
Course Contents for Legal Studies CBSE Syllabus for Class XI 2018 – 2019
Also to download the pdf for CBSE Legal Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2019
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Legal Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2019||Click Here|
CBSE Legal Studies Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21 has been provided in this article. Students need not get worried about the Syllabus or Exams. Just check out this article and start the preparation quickly. Download the PDF of Class XI CBSE Legal Studies Syllabus 2018 from this article. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2020-21. The syllabus for CBSE Class 11 Legal Studies is published by cbse.nic.in Central Board of Secondary Education, Head Office in New Delhi.