CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus: Are you Looking for CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus 2020-21, Chapter, Topics ??? Then, you are on a right track. Those who are Interested to know about the Information for Class IX CBSE English Literature Syllabus 2018 may go through this article. As we have provided the details for CBSE Class 9 Syllabus. We all are aware that how important are the Class IX Exams (सीबीएसई कक्षा 9 अंग्रेजी साहित्य का सिलेबस) in a student’ Life. But students may not have to be worried about the CBSE Syllabus.
Each and every detail is provided in this article related to the Central Board of Secondary Education. You just have to check out and read every detail to know about it.
Also Read :
Content in this Article
CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus 2020 – 21
The sections and the competencies, total marks, and the weightage are mentioned below in a table format for the candidates to check. The download link was mentioned below.
|Sections||Competencies||Total Marks||% Weightage|
|Reading Comprehension||Conceptual understanding, decoding, analyzing, interpreting, and Vocabulary||20||25%|
|Writing Skills and Grammar||Creative expression of an opinion, reasoning, justifying, illustrating, appropriacy of style and tone, using appropriate format and fluency. Applying conventions, using integrated structures with accuracy and fluency.||20||25%|
|Literature Textbook and Supplementary Reading Text||Recalling, reasoning, appreciating, applying literacy conventions illustrating and justifying, etc. Extract relevant information, identifying the central theme and sub-theme, understanding the writer’s message, and writing fluently.||40||50%|
Download CBSE 9 English Literature Syllabus 2021
CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus for 2019
|Section||Total Weightage 80|
|Section – A||Reading Skills||20|
|Section – B||Writing Skills with Grammar||30|
|Section – C||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||30|
|TOTAL MARKS||80 Marks|
Question Paper for CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus
SECTION – A: READING
- A Factual passage 300-350 words with eight Very Short Answer type Questions. 8 marks
- A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer type Questions to test inference, evaluation, and analysis with four Very Short Answer Questions to test vocabulary. 12 marks
SECTION – B: WRITING AND GRAMMAR
- Writing an Article/ Descriptive Paragraph( person/ place/ event/diary entry) in about 100-150 words based on visual or verbal
cue/s. The questions will be thematically based on the prescribed books. 8 marks
- Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 150 – 200 words. 10 marks
The Grammar syllabus will include the following areas in class IX :
3. Use of passive voice
4. Subject-verb concord
5. Reporting Commands and requests, Statements, Questions
6. Clauses: (i) Noun clauses (ii) Adverb clauses of condition and time (iii) Relative clauses
The above items may be tested through test types(grammar in context) as given below:
- Gap filling with one or two words to test Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions, and Tenses. 4 marks
- Editing or omission 4 marks
- Sentences reordering or sentence transformation in context. 4 marks
SECTION – C: LITERATURE TEXTBOOKS
- One out of two extracts from prose/poetry/play for reference to the context. Four Very Short Answer Questions: two questions of one mark each on global comprehension and two questions of one mark each on interpretation. (1×4=4 marks)
- Five Short Answer Type Questions from BEEHIVE AND MOMENTS (3 questions from BEEHIVE and 2 questions from MOMENTS) to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas (30-40 words each) 2×5 = 10 marks
- One out two long answer type questions from the book BEEHIVE to assess Creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts. (100-150 words) 8 marks
- One out of two Long Answer Questions from the book MOMENTS on theme or plot involving interpretation, extrapolation beyond the text and inference or character sketch in about 100-150 words.
Chapters for English Literature CBSE Syllabus Class 9 2019
- The Fun They Had
- The Snake and the Mirror
- My Childhood
- Reach for the Top
- The Bond of Love
- The Sound of Music
- The Little Girl
- A Truly Beautiful Mind
- If I were you
- The Road Not Taken
- No Men Are Foreign
- The Duck and the Kangaroo
- On Killing a Tree
- The Snake Trying
- Rain on the Roof
- The Lake Isle of Innisfree
- A Legend of the Northland
- A Slumber Did My Spirit Seal
SUPPLEMENTARY READER (Moments)
- The Lost Child
- The Accidental Tourist
- The Beggar
- The Adventures of Toto
- Iswaran the Storyteller
- In the Kingdom of Fools
- The Happy Prince
- Weathering the Storm in Ersama
- The Last leaf
- A House is Not a Home
Books for Class IX English Literature
The books are published by NCERT, New Delhi
- Beehive – Textbook for class IX
- Moments – Supplementary Reader for Class IX
NOTE: Teachers are advised to:
- Encourage classroom interaction among peers, students, and teachers through activities such as role-play, group work, etc.
- Reduce teacher-talk time and keep it to the minimum,
- Take up questions for discussion to encourage pupils to participate and to marshal their ideas and express and defend their views.
Besides measuring attainment, texts serve the dual purpose of diagnosing mistakes and areas of non-learning. To make an evaluation of a true index of learners’ attainment, each language skill is to be assessed through a judicious mixture of different types of questions.
Reading Section: Reading for comprehension, critical evaluation, inference, and analysis skills to be tested.
Writing Section: All types of short and extended writing tasks will be dealt with.
Grammar: Grammar items mentioned in the syllabus will be taught and assessed.
Listening and Speaking Skills
|Download PDF Link for CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus 2019||Click Here|
Students need not have to worry about the Exam syllabus. As we have provided about CBSE Class IX English Literature Exam Syllabus 2020 in this article. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2020-21. Once, check it and immediately start the preparation. Also, keep following us for such Updates and Don’t forget to share this article with your friends. So, they may also know about CBSE Class 9 English Literature Syllabus (Language Paper) 2020-21 and they may also start preparing for the Exams.