AP PGLCET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023: Check the AP PGLCET 2023 syllabus will explain the important topics for the AP PGLCET 2023 to the candidates. Students should prepare these topics for the AP PGLCET 2023 examination. Along with the PGLCET syllabus, applicants can get the marking scheme, preparation ideas, important textbooks and more on this page (ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్ పిజిఎల్సిఇటి సిలబస్). Students can also download the AP PGLCET 2023 syllabus from this article. In this, all the details are related to the Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate LAW Common Entrance Test. You can download the AP PGLCET Syllabus PDF is also available in this article.
- AP PGLCET Question Papers – Download
- AP PGLCET Answer Key/ Solutions PDF – Download
- AP PGLCET Results – Cutoff Marks & Merit List
AP PGLCET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 – Important Dates
Content in this Article
|AP PGLCET||Tentative Dates|
|Release date of Notification||3rd week of March 2023|
|Availability of Application Form||3rd week of March 2023|
|Last Date to Submit the Form without Late Fee||Last week of April 2023|
|Last Date to Submit the Form with the Late Fee of Rs. 500/-||Last week of April 2023|
|Correction in the Application Form||Last week of April 2023|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of May 2023|
|Date of AP PGLCET Exam||1st week of May 2023|
|Declaration of Answer Key||1st week of May 2023|
|Last Date of Receiving Complaints of Answer Key||2nd week of May 2023|
|The Announcement of Result||3rd week of May 2023|
- MICAT Question Paper 2023 & Previous Model Papers pdf Download
- IRMA Question Paper 2023 & Model Papers pdf Download
- KMAT Question Paper 2023 & Download Previous Papers in PDF
- MAH CET Question Paper 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 & Previous Papers pdf Download
- AP ICET Question Paper 2023 & Previous papers 2022- 2018 with Solution pdf Download
AP PGLCET 2023 Syllabus
The AP PGLCET 2023 syllabus includes two parts. Part A covers two topics and Part B covers five topics. These are the topics that the candidate’s study in the LLB courses. Candidates need to know that although the syllabus is quite vast, students can formulate an examination strategy to ace the exam without any pressure. So, before we proceed and jot down the AP PGLCET syllabus, let’s have a look at the Examination Pattern and Marking Scheme for AP PGLCET 2023.
- Jurisprudence: Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions.
- Constitutional Law: Nature of the constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution.
- Public International Law: International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and other space, Nationality & Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, Jurisdiction, United Nations.
- Mercantile Law: General Principles of the basis of Contract.
- Labour Law: Union Act Trade 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
- Crimes and Torts: Indian Penal Code for General Principles and General Exceptions.
- TORTS: General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, liability for torts, Protection of Consumer Act, 1986.
- IPR & Other Laws: Copyright Act, 1957; Patents right Act, 1970; Environmental Protection Act, 1986; Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of IT Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005.
AP PGLCET 2023 Exam Papers & Subjects
AP PGLCET stands for Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The exam is conducted for admission into postgraduate law programs such as LLM in various universities and colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
The AP PGLCET exam consists of 120 multiple choice questions that need to be answered within two hours. The exam is conducted in English medium only. The questions are divided into two parts.
Part A: Jurisprudence – 20 Questions Part B: Constitutional Law – 20 Questions Part C: Public International Law – 16 Questions Part D: Mercantile Law – 16 Questions Part E: Labour Law – 16 Questions Part F: Crimes and Torts – 16 Questions Part G: IPR & Other Laws – 20 Questions
The exam is conducted in online mode, and the candidates have to mark their answers on the computer screen. The exam is conducted for a total of 120 marks. Each question carries one mark, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The candidates who clear the AP PGLCET exam are eligible for admission into the LLM courses offered by various universities and colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
AP PGLCET Exam Pattern 2023
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part -B||Public International Law||16|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR & Other Laws||16|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
Andhra Pradesh PGLCET 2023 Exam Duration, marks
The duration of the AP PGLCET exam is 90 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes). The exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test) and consists of 120 multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Each correct answer carries 1 mark, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The question paper of AP PGLCET is divided into two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A contains 40 questions on Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, and Public International Law, while Part B contains 80 questions on subjects such as Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes and Torts, and IPR & Other Laws.
The total marks for AP PGLCET exam are 120 marks. The candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in the AP PGLCET exam are eligible for admission into LL.M. programs offered by various universities and colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
AP PGLCET 2023 Negative Marking Scheme
AP PGLCET (Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test) does not have a negative marking scheme. This means that for every correct answer, you will be awarded one mark, and no marks will be deducted for incorrect or unanswered questions. It is therefore recommended that you attempt all the questions in the exam, even if you are not sure of the answer, as there is no penalty for incorrect responses. This can increase your chances of scoring higher marks in the exam.
AP PGLCET Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should possess an LL.B./B.L. degree and must have passed the qualifying exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate (for OC/BC) and 45 per cent marks in aggregate (for SC/ST).
- The applicants who will appear in the final exam of LL.B./B.L. degree are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
Download the AP PGLCET Syllabus 2023 PDF
|AP PGLCET Official Website link||Click Here|
|AP PGLCET Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF||Click Here|
Andhra Pradesh PGLCET 2023 Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
What is the Andhra Pradesh PGLCET?
Andhra Pradesh PGLCET (Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) for admission into postgraduate law courses offered by various colleges and universities in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
What are the eligibility criteria for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET?
The eligibility criteria for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET are as follows:
1. The candidate should have passed LLB or an equivalent degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (for general category) and 45% marks (for SC/ST category).
2. Candidates appearing in the final year of their LLB, or equivalent degree can also apply.
What is the exam pattern for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET?
The exam pattern for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET is as follows:
1. The exam will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
2. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
3. The exam will have 120 multiple-choice questions.
4. The exam will be conducted in English only.
5. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
6. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
What is the syllabus for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET?
The syllabus for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET includes the following topics:
2. Constitutional Law
3. Public International Law
4. Mercantile Law
5. Labour Law
6. Crimes and Torts
7. IPR & Other Laws
Is there any provision for negative marking in Andhra Pradesh PGLCET?
No, there is no provision for negative marking in Andhra Pradesh PGLCET.
Can I use a calculator during the Andhra Pradesh PGLCET exam?
No, the use of a calculator or any other electronic device is not allowed during the Andhra Pradesh PGLCET exam.
How can I prepare for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET?
Here are some tips for preparing for Andhra Pradesh PGLCET:
1. Understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
2. Create a study plan and stick to it.
3. Refer to good study material and textbooks.
4. Solve previous year question papers and mock tests.
5. Stay updated with current affairs and legal developments.
6. Stay calm and composed during the exam.
In this article, we are provided with the complete details about the AP PGLCET Entrance Examination in 2023. So, visit the AP PGLCET Syllabus & Examination Pattern (ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్ పిజిఎల్సిఇటి పరీక్షా సరళి) article and if you have any confusion contact via the comment box or move to the official site. Please share this article with our friends and family members.