Polytechnic Colleges in Andaman and Nicobar Islands – Govt College
Check out the list of Polytechnic Colleges in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Here you can get the list of all Govt. & Private Polytechnic Colleges & Names in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. There are more than 2128 Polytechnic Colleges in India. We’ve provided all different types of Andaman and Nicobar Islands’s polytechnic colleges such as Private Polytechnic Colleges, Government Polytechnics Colleges and Women Polytechnic Colleges. In our previous article, you can read the list of Top Polytechnic Colleges in India. The courses provided by the polytechnic institutions are computer engineering, chemical engineering, fashion designing, automobile engineering, mass communication and interior decoration.
Also Read : List of Polytechnic Colleges in India
Content in this Article
Polytechnic Colleges in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
There is only one Polytechnic College in Andaman and Nicobar Islands which is located in Port Blair. The Department of Technical Education (DTET) of Andaman and Nicobar Islands looks after education at Technical Institutes, Degree, Diploma and ITI level.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology
Address : Pahargaon
Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744103 , India
Phone : (03192) 251154 (Ext. 255, 222), 250587, 259693, 251692-93
Fax : (03192) 250587
Website : http://dbrait.andaman.gov.in/
About Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Govt. Polytechnic College
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Govt. Polytechnic was established in the year 1984 and Second Govt. Polytechnic was established in the year 1989 in the same campus has brenamed as Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology on 16th April 2010. Dr. B. R. Ambedkr Institute of Technology offers Degree, Diploma in Engineering apart from various maritime programmes. The institute also offers various non-formal courses in the campus as well as through its extension centre spread over different islands of A & N group of Islands. The institute was one of the first technical institute in the country to get ISO 9000 accreditation way back in 1999, which was subsequently upgraded to 9001:2008 standards. The institute also obtained ISO 14000 accreditation. All the courses which are being offered for more than four years have been accredited by NBA.
Programme Offered Under Diploma Engineering/Technology
|Sl. No.||Name of the Course||No. of Seats||Affiliation Board|
|1.||Civil Engineering||40||Affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education|
|4.||Electronic & Communication Engineering||40|
|7.||Hotel Management & Catering Technology||30|
|8.||Trade Diploma in Front Office Operation||20||Affilated with BTED|
|9.||Trade Diploma in Food Production||20|
As per the approved guidelines of the Andaman and Nicobar Administration, the percentage of seats allotment to each category is listed below
|Category||Eligibility||Seat( in %)|
|II||Deputationist and Central Government employee, with transfer liability to serve outside the union territory, provided the candidates in this category have studied the last two years in the islands and passed the qualifying examination from a school in the islands||10|
|III||Settlers who are settled prior to 1942 and those who were settled under various rehabilitation schemes introduced under various occupations of the islands. The seats in this category will be allocated as under:||50|
|IV||Others who do not fall under any of the above categories but have 10yrs. of continous education in these islands.||20|
|V||General merit opens to all the residents of A & N Islands irrespective of any classification. This will be subject to condition that the last two years in the islands and pass the qualifying examination from a school in the islands.||Un – utilised seats of categories I, II, III & IV above|
- Un-Utilized seats of category I-IV will be diverted to category V subject to be condition that the candidates in that the category have atleast two years of continue education in these islands.
- Eight seats each in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering trades of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology are reserved for the candidates for Lakshadweep.
- In case the seats are still vacant the children’s of Central Govt. and UT Administration Employees studying in mainland will also be considered based on merit on approval by Administration.
Entry Qualifiation in Diploma (CIVIL, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, ECE, COMPUTER & IT)
The applicant must posses an aggregate of 50% in Mathematics and Science in 10th std. from CBSE or its equivalent from a recognised Board or Institution.
12th pass with 50% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognized Board or Institution.
Entry Qualifiation in Diploma Hotel Management and Catering Technology
The applicant must have passed 12th std. with aggregate of 50% in both stream (Science / Arts) with English.
The age of applicant should be between 15 and 25 years (30 years for the Scheduled Tribe Applicants) as on commencement of course.
Admission through Lateral Entry
ITI pass outs (who passed atleast 10 level school leaving examination before admission to ITI course) & 10+2 pass (Vocational Stream) candidates can apply for admission to the relevant branch.
|Sl. No.||Particulars||Amount (in Rs.)|
|2.||Internal Semester Exam Fee||60|
|6.||Admission Fee (Once)||100|
|7.||Smart Card (Once)||100|
|9.||Caution Deposit (Refundable)||200|
|13.||University Development Fee/Board Enrolment Fee (Once)||200|
Subsequent Semester Fee : Rs 2060
- Students have the flexibility of selecting / registering the subjects of their choice from the given subjects. Students can register maximum of eight subjects in a semester
- Students are allowed to appear for the semester examination on fulfilment of following criteria’s:
- 75% minimum attendance in individual subjects.
- 40% minimum marks in the sessional / term work.
- Students who fail to fulfill the above condition are termed as defaulter in the subject and have to re-register the subjects in which he/she was a defaulter the subject is offered in the subsequent term. Students are declared as passed in any subject only when they obtain 40% marks in theory exam conducted by board and 50% marks in the specific subject taking the cumulative total of sessional and board marks.
- For all the students who have not cleared the entire subject and are not carrying forward backlogs in more than six subjects, they are allowed to keep term and promoted to next semester.
- If the number of backlogs exceeds six, student result is declared as failed and he or she is disallowed to register for any new subject of higher semester as he/she has to clear the backlogs first
- Students can appear for examination upto 13 subjects including backlogs.
- Students earn credit for the entire subject which he or she has passed in any term and has to earn 200 credits (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, ECE) / 200 credits (DCE & IT) for getting the Diploma Certificate. Students who have passed XII Std will be given exemption in following subjects Communication Skill, Applied Physics, Basic Maths, Applied Maths subject to the condition that he/she has secured 50% marks in Maths, Physics & English in class 12th.
- Sessional marks will be based on their performance in the Progressive Theory Test -T1 & T2 (80%) and Home assignment CT/ST (20%). Both the test are compulsory and weightage given to the progressive test is as under:
- T1- 30%
- T2- 70%
- Internal Assessment (TW) for practical (Progressive Skill Test-P1/P2/Board Exam).
- Continuous Assessment (CA)-20% (for practical record)
- Performance in the Practical class-40%.
Share this article “List of Polytechnic Colleges in Andaman and Nicobar Islands” to other polytechnic students who are interested to know about Polytechnic Colleges & Courses in state Andaman and Nicobar Islands.