AIIMS Counselling 2023: In this page check out the AIIMS Counselling and Seat Allotment details in the academic year of 2023. It conducts as per the schedule provided below. It takes place after the declaration of the result of AIIMS MBBS 2023 entrance examination (एम्स काउंसलिंग). Qualified candidates can take part in AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2023 to get a seat in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. There will be a common counselling for all AIIMS Entrance Exam including AIIMS New Delhi, AIIMS Bhopal, AIIMS Bhubaneswar, AIIMS Jodhpur, AIIMS Patna, AIIMS Raipur, AIIMS Kanpur, AIIMS Guntur and AIIMS Nagpur.
In this, all the details are similar to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. You can check the AIIMS Counselling and Allotment details are also mentioned in this article.
- AIIMS Question Papers – Download
- AIIMS Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Download
- AIIMS Admit Card/Hall Ticket – Download
About AIIMS Counselling 2023 – Overview
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is autonomous government public medical university.
AIIMS conducts an entrance exam for admission to its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS) every year. The exam is known as the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam and is conducted in online mode across various cities in India. The exam usually takes place in the month of May or June.
The AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam is a computer-based test consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) covering Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge, and Aptitude & Logical Thinking. The exam is held for a duration of 3.5 hours.
To be eligible for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam, candidates must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects. The minimum qualifying marks for the exam may vary from year to year, and are decided by AIIMS.
The selection of candidates for admission to the AIIMS MBBS program is based on their performance in the entrance exam. Only those who clear the cutoff and meet the eligibility criteria are considered for admission. The admission process also includes counseling and document verification.
AIIMS Counselling 2023 – Important Dates
|Name of the Event||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Basic registration starts (PAAR) for MBBS 2023||4th week of Nov 2023|
|Closing date for basic registration||2nd week of Jan 2023|
|Status update of basic registration (accepted or not accepted)||2ndweek of Jan 2023|
|Correction of deficiency in basic registration (if not accepted)||3rd week of Jan 2023|
|Final status of basic registration||4thweek of Jan 2023|
|Code generation of final registration||4th week of Jan 2023|
|Last date for code generation||3rd week of Feb 2023|
|Final registration (fee payment)||4th week of Feb 2023|
|Last date for Final registration||2nd week of Mar 2023|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of May 2023|
|AIIMS MBBS 2023 exam||30th & 31st May 2023|
|Result announcement||16th Jun 2023|
|First counselling||1st week of Jul 2023|
|Second counselling||1st week of Aug 2023|
|Third counselling||1st week of Sept 2023|
|Open counselling (if required)||4th week of Sept 2023|
AIIMS 2023 Counselling Eligibility
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is one of the most prestigious medical institutions in India. To be eligible for admission to AIIMS, a candidate must fulfill certain criteria, which are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Age limit: The minimum age limit for the MBBS course is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- Academic qualifications: The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as main subjects.
- Minimum marks: The candidate must have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in the qualifying examination (50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates).
- Reservation: AIIMS follows a reservation policy as per the Government of India guidelines.
- Qualifying exam: The candidate must have appeared and qualified in the NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria may vary for different courses offered by AIIMS. Therefore, candidates are advised to carefully go through the official notification of the AIIMS entrance exam for which they are applying.
AIIMS 2023 Counselling Process
The AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) counselling process is conducted for admission to the MBBS program offered at the various AIIMS institutes across the country. The counselling process is conducted in multiple rounds, and the following are the general steps involved:
- Announcement of Results: The results of the AIIMS MBBS entrance examination are announced on the official website of AIIMS.
- Registration: The candidates who qualify for the entrance exam need to register themselves for the counselling process by visiting the official website of AIIMS.
- Choice Filling: After registration, candidates are required to fill in their choices of AIIMS institutions in which they wish to take admission.
- Mock Counselling: Before the actual counselling process, mock counselling is conducted to help candidates understand the process and their chances of getting a seat.
- First Round of Counselling: Based on the merit list and the choices filled by the candidates, the first round of counselling is conducted, and candidates are allotted seats in the desired AIIMS institute.
- Reporting to the Institute: After the seat allotment, candidates need to report to the allotted institute within the specified time period to complete the admission formalities.
- Second and Third Rounds of Counselling: If there are vacant seats after the first round of counselling, subsequent rounds of counselling are conducted, and candidates are given a chance to change their choices.
- Open Counselling: If there are still vacant seats after the third round of counselling, an open counselling process is conducted, and candidates can participate in it.
AIIMS 2023 Counselling Fee
The AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) counselling fee varies depending on the category of the candidate. Here are the counselling fees for different categories:
- General/OBC category: Rs. 1,500/-
- SC/ST category: Rs. 1,200/-
- OPH category: No fee
It is important to note that the counselling fee is non-refundable and has to be paid online at the time of registration for counselling. Candidates who do not pay the counselling fee will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
Required Documents for AIIMS 2023 Counselling
Here are some of the documents that are usually required for AIIMS counseling:
- AIIMS Admit card
- AIIMS Rank Card
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets
- Passing Certificate of 10th and 12th
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, etc.)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Passport size photographs
AIIMS 2023 Counselling Seat Allotment Results
AIIMS seat allotment is done based on the rank obtained by the candidates in the AIIMS entrance exam and their preferences for courses and colleges. The AIIMS counseling process is conducted in multiple rounds and the seat allotment is done after each round.
Here is the general process for AIIMS seat allotment:
- After the declaration of results, AIIMS publishes a merit list based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
- The counseling process starts, and candidates are called for counseling as per their rank.
- During the counseling process, candidates have to fill their choice of course and college.
- Based on the rank and choice, the AIIMS authority allocates seats to candidates.
- Candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective college to complete the admission process.
- If a candidate is not satisfied with the seat allotted, they can participate in the subsequent rounds of counseling to try and secure a better seat.
AIIMS 2023 Counselling Top Colleges
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is one of the premier medical institutes in India and is known for its excellent medical education and research facilities.
The top colleges for counselling under AIIMS are the seven AIIMS institutes located in various cities across India. These include:
- AIIMS Delhi
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Patna
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
These institutes offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various medical fields such as MBBS, MD, MS, MCh, DM, etc. The admission to these courses is through a competitive entrance exam conducted by AIIMS followed by counselling for the qualified candidates.
Apart from these, there are also other top medical colleges in India that offer excellent medical education and are highly sought after by students. These include:
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- King George’s Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), Puducherry
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi.
The admission process for these colleges also involves a competitive entrance exam followed by counselling for the qualified candidates.
Contact Details for AIIMS 2023 Counselling
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is a group of public medical colleges and hospitals located across India. Here are the contact details for AIIMS in New Delhi:
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi: Address: Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110029, India Phone: +91-11-26588500 / 26588700 Fax: +91-11-26588663 / 26588641 Email: [email protected]
For contact details of other AIIMS campuses, please visit the AIIMS official website at https://www.aiims.edu/en/contact-us.html.
Hope this page is useful for the AIIMS Entrance Exam Preparing candidates. So, refer the AIIMS Counselling and Seat Allotment details 2023. If you have any query about this page give a comment on below comment section otherwise move to the AIIMS Home page to know the correct details of AIIMS Counselling. Please share this article with our friends and family.
What is AIIMS?
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is a group of public medical colleges and hospitals located across India. These institutions are among the top medical colleges in India and offer undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses in various medical disciplines.
What is the AIIMS entrance exam?
The AIIMS entrance exam is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences for admission to its MBBS program. The exam is held annually in online mode and is considered one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India.
When is the AIIMS entrance exam conducted?
The AIIMS entrance exam is usually conducted in the month of May or June every year.
What is the eligibility criteria for the AIIMS entrance exam?
To be eligible for the AIIMS entrance exam, a candidate must have passed the 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates) in the qualifying examination.
What is the exam pattern for the AIIMS entrance exam?
The AIIMS entrance exam is a computer-based test that consists of 200 multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge. The duration of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
How can I apply for the AIIMS entrance exam?
Candidates can apply for the AIIMS entrance exam online by visiting the official website of AIIMS. The application process usually starts in the month of February or March every year.