Check out the details of B.Com 4th Semester Syllabus 2023 – Dravidian Open University are given below. The new applicable syllabus of the Dravidian open university is updated here. In the updated syllabus of the B.Com fourth semester, all the topics are mentioned so students can easily understand the syllabus. The revised B.Com IV semester syllabus 2023 is also updated on the official website.
About Dravidian Open University
Content in this Article
The Dravidian University, Kuppam, Chittoor district, Andhra Pradesh, India was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh with the initial support of the governments of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala for integrated development of Dravidian languages and culture. At present, it has 20 academic departments and 6 research centers. The Dravidian family of languages, which includes more than 27 tongues, the most ancient, living language family of the world. The University official website is www.dravidianuniversity.ac.in
Dravidian University B.Com Course Structure 2023
|B.Com Course structure at Dravidian University|
|B.Com is 3 years under graduation course||1st year||Semester 1||4 months Duration|
|Semester 2||4 months|
|2nd year||Semester 3||4 months|
|Semester 4||4 months|
|3rd year||Semester 5||4 months|
|Semester 6||4 months|
- Chandigarh University Result 2023 – Check Dates, Counselling, Merit list & Cut Offs
- JEXPO Syllabus 2023 – Download Latest Syllabus PDF
- RRB SSE Syllabus 2023 – Exam Pattern & Download Sr.Section Engineer Syllabus PDF
- TNDALU University Syllabus 2023 – Law Courses & PDF Download Here
- TNTEU University Syllabus 2023– UG, PG, Doctoral Courses in Teachers Education & PDF Download Here
Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree in commerce and related subjects. The duration of Bachelor of Commerce Degree spans over a period of 3 years with six semesters. The Bachelor of commerce subjects is given below.
- Cost Account
- Human Resource
Subjects in B.Com IV Semester – Dravidian University
The following are the Dravidian University B.Com second year – second-semester subjects
- Communication & Soft Skills-3
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Education
- Accounting for Service organizations
- Business Laws
- Income Tax
So, the above are the B.Com 4th Semester Syllabus subjects were mentioned above for the students to refer to. B.Com 4th Semester Syllabus PDF was also mentioned below.
Download Dravidian University B.Com 4th Semester Syllabus
<< Download B.Com 4th Semester Dravidian Open Unversity Syllabus >>
Dravidian Open University B.Com 4th Semester Syllabus 2023
|Sl. No||Course||Name of the subject||Total Marks||Mid. Sem. Exam||Sem. End Exam||Teaching Hours||Credits|
|1||Foundation Course- 7||Communication & Soft Skills-3||50||–||50||2||2|
|2||Foundation Course- 8||Analytical Skills||50||–||50||2||2|
|3||Foundation Course- 9||Entrepreneurship||50||–||50||2||2|
|4||Foundation Course- 10||Leadership Education||50||–||50||2||2|
|5||DSC 1 D||Accounting for Service organizations||100||25||50||5||4|
|6||DSC 2 D||Business Laws||100||25||75||5||4|
|7||DSC 3 D||Income Tax||100||25||75||5||4|
DSC 1D- Accounting for Service Organizations
- Unit-I: Non-Trading/ Service Organizations: Concept – Types of Service Organizations – Section (8) and other provisions of Companies Act,
- Unit – II: Electricity Supply Companies: Accounts of Electricity supply companies: Double Accounting system – Revenue Account – Net Revenue Account – Capital Account – General Balance Sheet (including problems).
- Unit – III: Bank Accounts: Bank Accounts – Books and Registers to be maintained by Banks – Banking Regulation Act, 1969 – Legal Provisions Relating to the preparation of Final Accounts (including problems).
- Unit-IV: Insurance Companies: Life Insurance Companies –Preparation of Revenue Account, Profit and Loss Account, Balance, Sheet (including problems) – LIC Act, 1956.
- Unit-V: General Insurance: Principles – Preparation of final accounts – with special reference to fire and marine insurance (including problems) – GIC Act, 1972.
DSC 2D – Business Laws
- Unit-1: Contract: Meaning and Definition of Contract-Essential elements of valid Contract -Valid, Void and Voidable Contracts – Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- Unit-2: Offer and Acceptance: Definition of Valid Offer, Acceptance, and Consideration -Essential elements of a Valid Offer, Acceptance, and Consideration.
- Unit-3: Capacity of the Parties and Contingent Contract: Rules regarding to Minors contracts – Rules relating to contingent contracts – Different modes of discharge of contracts-Rules relating to remedies to breach of contract.
- Unit-4: Sale of Goods Act 1930: Contract of sale – Sale, and agreement to sell – Implied conditions and warranties – Rights of unpaid vendor.
- Unit-5: Cyber Law and Contract Procedures – Digital Signature – Safety Mechanisms.
DSC 3D – Income Tax
- Unit-I Introduction: Income Tax Law – Basic concepts: Income, Person, Assess, Assessment year,
Agricultural Income, Capital and revenue, Residential status, Income exempt from tax (theory only).
- Unit-II Income from salary: Allowances, perquisites, profits in lieu of salary, deductions from salary income, computation of salary income and qualified savings eligible for deduction u/s 80C (including problems).
- Unit-III Income from House Property: Annual value, let-out/self-occupied/deemed to be a let-out house, deductions from annual value – computation of income from house property (including problems).
- Unit-IV Income from Capital Gains – Income from other sources – (from Individual point of view) – chargeability – and assessment (including problems).
- Unit-V: Computation of total income of an individual – Deductions under section – 80 (including problems).
- Dravidian Open University – B.Com 1st Semester Syllabus
- B.Com 2nd Semester Dravidian Open University Syllabus – B.Com 1st Year
- Dravidian Open University B.Com 3rd Semester Syllabus – B.Com 2nd Year
- B.Com 5th Semester Dravidian Open University Syllabus – B.Com 3rd Year
- Dravidian Open University B.Com 6th Semester Syllabus – B.Com 3rd Year
B.Com IV Semester Syllabus 2023
Bachelor of Commerce IV Semester Syllabus 2023 was also available here.
FAQS about the Dravidian Open University 4th Semester Syllabus 2023 Subjects
What is B.Com?
B.Com is a three-year undergraduate degree program in Commerce, which includes subjects related to business, accounting, finance, economics, marketing, and management.
What is the duration of a B.Com course?
B.Com is a three-year undergraduate degree program. However, some universities may offer a four-year B.Com course, which includes a one-year internship or research project.
What are the subjects in the B.Com course?
The subjects in the B.Com course may vary from university to university, but some of the common subjects include Financial Accounting, Business Mathematics, Business Economics, Business Communication, Business Law, Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Income Tax, Auditing, and Financial Management.
What is the syllabus for B.Com 4th semester?
The syllabus for B.Com 4th semester may vary from university to university. However, some of the common subjects in the 4th semester may include Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Income Tax, and Business Law.
What are the career opportunities after completing a B.Com course?
After completing a B.Com course, one can pursue a career in various fields such as Accounting, Finance, Banking, Taxation, Auditing, Business Management, and so on. One can also pursue higher studies such as M.Com, MBA, or pursue professional courses such as CA, CS, CMA, or CFA.
What is B.Com 4th Semester?
B.Com 4th Semester is the fourth semester of the Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree program. It is usually taken in the second year of the program.
What is Dravidian Open University?
Dravidian Open University is a state-owned university located in Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1997 and offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs.
What are the courses offered in B.Com 4th Semester at Dravidian Open University?
The courses offered in B.Com 4th Semester at Dravidian Open University may include Financial Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Income Tax, Business Statistics, Business Communication, and Financial Management, among others.
How can I prepare for B.Com 4th Semester at Dravidian Open University?
You can prepare for B.Com 4th Semester at Dravidian Open University by attending lectures, reading the prescribed textbooks, solving previous year question papers, and practicing sample papers. You can also seek help from your professors and classmates for better understanding of the topics.
Here in this article, B.Com 4th Semester Syllabus 2023 – Dravidian Open University is clearly given. Follow this article to know the complete syllabus of B.Com fourth Semester. On this page, you may also download the Syllabus of Dravidian University B.Com 4th Semester in pdf format. Share this article with your friends who want B.Com IV Sem Syllabus. For any queries or doubts regarding B.Com 4th Semester Exam Time Table – Dravidian Open University you may comment on the below comment box. We will answer them as soon as possible.