MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023: Here the details of Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023 – MCA 1st Year. Delhi University (दिल्ली विश्वविद्यालय) providing Master of Computer Applications with some specializations and the respective subject wise revised syllabus is available on the official website. Students in the MCA first Sem at Delhi University can download the updated syllabus pdf on the official website. Candidates can download the DU MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023 pdf in this article for preparation for semester exams.
About Delhi University
The University of Delhi is the premier university located in New Delhi, India. It has grown into one of the largest universities in India. Five Departments namely Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Sociology, and History have been awarded the status of the Centres of Advanced Studies. Du offers UG, PG and other certificate courses with the maximum number of specializations in courses. Various departments are located in the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Inter-disciplinary and Applied Sciences. The official website is www.du.ac.in
Delhi University MCA Course Structure
|MCA Course structure in Delhi University|
|MCA is 3 years under graduation course||1st year||Semester 1||4 months Duration|
|Semester 2||4 months|
|2nd year||Semester 3||4 months|
|Semester 4||4 months|
|3rd year||Semester 5||4 months|
|Semester 6||4 months|
Master of Computer Applications Specializations
MCA 1st Sem Syllabus: Master of Computer Applications is a three-year course divided into a number of semesters which are generally six in number with different specializations that are given below.
- Application Software
- Hardware Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Software Development
- Systems Management
- Systems Development
- Systems Engineering
Subjects in MCA 1st Semester – Delhi University
The following are the subjects in MCA 1st Semester
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Systems Programming
- Statistical Techniques
- Computer Systems Architecture and Lab.
- Organizational Behavior
Download MCA 1st Semester DU Syllabus 2023
DU MCA 1st Sem Syllabus
|Course No||Title||L-T-P||Credits||Total marks|
|MCA 101||Object-Oriented Programming||3 – 0 – 2||4||100|
|Systems Programming||3 – 0 – 2||4||100|
|MCA 103||Statistical Techniques||3 – 1 – 0||4||100|
|MCA 104||Computer Systems Architecture and Lab.||3 – 0 – 2||4||100|
|EL1||One elective out of the following
MCA 105 (a)Economics
MCA 105 (b)Organizational Behavior
Outside Department Elective (preferably Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research)
|3 – 1 – 0/||4||100|
|MCA 106||Technical Communication||0 – 0 – 0||4||100|
- L – T – P: Lectures – Tutorials – Practical
MCA 101: OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
- Programming Concepts: Algorithm and its characteristics, pseudo code/flowchart, program,
identifiers, variables, constants, primitive data types, expressions, structured data types, arrays,
compilers & interpreters
- Statements: Assignment statement, if then else statements, switch statement, looping
statements- while, do-while, for, break, continue, input/output statements, functions/procedures
- Object-Oriented Concepts: Abstraction, encapsulation, objects, classes, methods,
constructors, inheritance, polymorphism, static and dynamic binding, overloading,
- Program Development: Object-oriented analysis, design, unit testing & debugging, system
testing & integration, maintenance.
MCA 102: SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING
- Assembly Language Programming: Data representation, Instruction formats, addressing
techniques, Flow control, Segments – Data Segment, Code Segment, Stack Segment,
Procedures, Input/ Output, Interrupts and Program development in 8086.
- Assembler: macro processor, macros, calls, parameters, expansion, design of two-pass
- Loaders and Linkers: Loading schemes, design of absolute and direct linking loaders.
MCA 103: STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES
- Probability: Basic concepts & definitions (Classical & Axiomatic definition), random
variable, probability density function, probability mass function, distribution function and their
properties, mathematical expectation, conditional expectation, moment generating function,
Characteristic Function, Chebyshev’s inequality.
- Various discrete and continuous probability distributions: Uniform (continuous and
discrete), Binomial, Negative Binomial, Poisson, Exponential, Erlang, Gamma, Normal, 2
χ , t-distribution and F-distribution, Bivariate normal distribution (Marginal and Conditional
distributions), weak Law of Large Numbers, Central Limit Theorem. Simple random sampling
with and without replacement, Random number generation using inverse transformation
technique (exponential distribution, gamma distribution)
- Statistical Testing and Estimation Techniques: Properties of good estimator- unbiasedness, consistency, sufficiency, completeness, efficiency; Minimum variance unbiased estimators, Cramer Rao Inequality, Method of Maximum likelihood, method of Moments, Confidence Intervals for mean, variance and proportions. Large sample tests for mean and proportion, 2χ test for goodness of fit, Tests based on t and F-distributions.
- Correlation and Regression: Least square method for curve fitting, multiple regression (three
variables only), Partial and multiple Correlation (for three variables only).
MCA 104 COMPUTER SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE and LAB
- Basic Building Blocks: Boolean logic and Boolean algebra, tri-state logic; flip-flops, counters,
shift registers, adders, substractor, encoders, decoders, multiplexors, demultiplexors
- Register Transfer and Micro Operations: Bus and memory transfers, arithmetic, logic shift
micro operations; basic computer organization: common bus system, instruction formats,
instruction cycle, interrupt cycle, input/output configuration, CPU organization, register
organization, stack organization, micro programmed control unit RISC architecture;
- Memory Unit: Primary memory, secondary memory, associative memory, sequential access,
direct access storage devices.
- Input-Output Architecture: Input/Output devices; data transfer schemes – programmed I/O
and DMA transfer; data transfer schemes for microprocessors.
MCA 105 (a) PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS
- Demand and Supply: Concept of demand, determinants of individual and market demand
functions, the elasticity of demand – price, income and cross elasticities, concept of supply,
determinants of individual and market supply functions, the elasticity of supply, Equilibrium price.
- Production: Production function in short-run – law of variable proportion, production function
in the long run – isoquants, isocosts, ridgelines, returns to scale; producer’s equilibrium –
an optimum combination of inputs to (i) maximize output – given the cost and (ii) minimize cost –
given output (least-cost combination of inputs).
Cost function – short-run costs, long-run average cost, long-run marginal cost. Reasons of ‘U’
the shape of short and long-run cost curves, economies, and diseconomies of scale.
- Market Structure: Price and output determination under perfect competition and monopoly.
Comparison between perfect competition and monopoly with respect to Efficiency.
Factor Pricing – Demand and supply of factors of production, pricing of a single variable
factor under perfect competition and monopoly; modern theory of rent, quasi-rent.
- Macroeconomics: Meaning of macroeconomics, Keynesian theory of determination of income
and employment in the three sector economy, multiplier analysis, IS-LM model of equilibrium
income and interest rate. Meaning and objectives of fiscal and monetary policies.
MCA 105 (b) ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- Organization Behavior: Introduction to Organization Behavior: Historical roots of
Organizational Behavior, Fundamental concepts, Nature, Emerging trends in the organizational
behavior, Limitation of Organization Behavior, Challenges & Opportunities for Organization
- Motivation: Importance of motivation at work, approaches to motivation, content theories,
process theories, motivation, and its effects, McGreoger theory X and Y, Maslow’s need
hierarchy, Herzberg’s two-factor theory, Vroom expectancy theory, OB modification.
- Power and Politics: Definition and nature of Power, Types of Power, Contingencies of Power,
Organizational Politics, Where does it occur, Types of political activity, Political strategies for
power acquisition in the modern organization, Coping with organizational politics. Empowerment.
Organizational politics and its effects, Organizational politics and ethics.
- Conflicts and negotiation: What is conflict? The historical perspective behind conflict or
approaches to conflict, Nature, and type of conflict, Conflict Processes, Interpersonal Conflict
Management Styles, Levels of conflict, Perceptual Errors Responsible For conflict,
Consequences of conflict, coping strategies, Negotiation, strategies, processes, issues on
- Communication and feedback: Transactional analysis, Johari window, job analysis and job
design: issues, techniques and methodology.
- Stress: Nature of stress, causes, and consequences, Individual differences in resistance to
stress, techniques of managing stress.
- Leadership: Concept and style, Fiedler’s contingency model, path-goal theory, leadership
MCA 106 TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
- Language and communication: speech and writing, functions and features of linguistic
- Interpersonal and business communication: message structure and message rewriting,
effective textual strategies – clarity, conciseness, consistency, and coherence.
- Format and content: style and persuasion; argumentation; document summarization.
- Technical writing: scientific and technical writing; formal and informal writing; report,
handbook, manual, letter, memorandum, notice, agenda, and minutes.
- Report writing: topic, assumptions, hypothesis, overview, analysis and discussion, conclusion,
Previous year’s links were mentioned below for the scholars.
- Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023
- Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2021
- Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2018
- MCA Course Details – Eligibility, Fee, Duration, Colleges, Salary
- After MCA Career Opportunities – Scope, Jobs, Salary for MCA Freshers
- MCA Books & Notes For All Semesters in PDF – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Year
- MCA 1st Year Syllabus Acharya Nagarjuna University – Center for Distance Education
- MCA 2nd Year Acharya Nagarjuna University Syllabus – Center for Distance Education
- ANU MCA 3rd Year Syllabus – Center for Distance Education
FAQS About Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023 Subjects & Courses
What is Delhi University MCA?
Delhi University MCA is a Master of Computer Applications program offered by the University of Delhi. It is a three-year postgraduate program that is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to become proficient computer professionals.
What is the syllabus for Delhi University MCA 1st semester?
The syllabus for Delhi University MCA 1st semester includes the following subjects: Computer Organization and Design, Discrete Mathematics, Programming in C, Computer Laboratory and Practical Work of Programming in C.
What are the subjects included in Delhi University MCA 1st semester?
The subjects included in Delhi University MCA 1st semester are Computer Organization and Design, Discrete Mathematics, Programming in C, Computer Laboratory and Practical Work of Programming in C.
What is the duration of the Delhi University MCA program?
The duration of the Delhi University MCA program is three years.
What are the career opportunities after completing the Delhi University MCA program?
After completing the Delhi University MCA program, graduates can work as software developers, database administrators, system analysts, IT project managers, and other related roles in the IT industry.
Is there any entrance exam for admission to the Delhi University MCA program?
Yes, the Delhi University MCA program has an entrance exam called the Delhi University MCA Entrance Exam (DU MCA Entrance Exam). Candidates need to qualify this exam to get admission to the program.
What are the eligibility criteria for the Delhi University MCA program?
The eligibility criteria for the Delhi University MCA program include a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate, with Mathematics as a compulsory subject at 10+2 or graduate level. Candidates also need to qualify the DU MCA Entrance Exam.
What is the fee structure for the Delhi University MCA program?
The fee structure for the Delhi University MCA program varies from year to year. Candidates can check the official website of the University of Delhi for more information.
What is the mode of instruction for the Delhi University MCA program?
The mode of instruction for the Delhi University MCA program is primarily classroom-based, with lectures, tutorials, and laboratory sessions. Some courses may also include online components.
Here in this article, Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus 2023 – MCA 1st Year is clearly given. Follow this article to know the complete syllabus of DU (Master of Computer Application) MCA 1st Sem. On this page, you may also download the MCA DU 1st Sem Syllabus 2023 in pdf format. Share this article with your friends who want the DU MCA 1st Sem Syllabus. For any queries or doubts regarding Delhi University MCA 1st Sem Syllabus – MCA 1st Year Courses & Subjects, you may comment on the below comment box. We will answer them as soon as possible.