How to Prepare UPSC Urdu Language Paper 2019 – IAS Mains
Prepare UPSC Urdu: Check out How to Prepare UPSC Mains Urdu Optional subject 2019 – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Urdu Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2019 has released. Today we’ve provided Preparation strategy for UPSC Urdu optional Paper. UPSC has already announced IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Urdu optional for UPSC IAS mains exam.
How to Prepare UPSC Urdu Optional Subject
Content in this Article
Urdu is an optional subject in the UPSC Civil Services examination. The syllabus of Urdu optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam includes genesis of language, criticisms and plethora of literature pieces. If the candidates have a good idea about the syntax and grammar along with literature one can opt this as their optional.Also, an aspirants can choose the Urdu language as optional if they have done graduation in the language. The dearth of study material and vastness of language are the major challenges in this optional subjects. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt But don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Urdu paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Urdu language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Urdu syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Urdu Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains 2018 Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Urdu
To prepare UPSC Urdu Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for IAS exam at given link below. The suggested books are included optional and language Subjects.
Check – UPSC Mains Urdu Reference Books
Recommended books for Urdu:
- Ansaf-e-SuKhan aur Sher Haiyyaten – Shamian Ahmed
- Mokqadwa; Tarikh-e-Zuban-e-Urdu – Prof. Maswood Husain Khan
- Urdu Adab Ki Tarikh – Noorul Hasan Naqvi
- Urdu ki Lisani Tashkil – Mirza Khalil Ahmad Beg
- Urdu Nasr ka Tauqidi Mutala – Suenbul Nigar
- Urdu Shairi ka Tauqidi Mutala – Suenbul Nigar
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Urdu Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
UPSC Urdu Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months preparation time for UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Urdu (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Urdu Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Urdu Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Urdu Important Topics
Urdu Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Main topics in Paper I are Development of Urdu Language, Genres and their development, Social and Cultural roots of Urdu language. Paper II will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidate’s critical ability.
As you know the marks of the optional paper is crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Urdu Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Urdu Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Urdu Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Urdu?
If you want to take Urdu as your optional for IAS mains exam, take it since you need to take it, not on the grounds that it looks awesome from outside. You can opt for the Punjabi language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Punjabi language as the main subject. The syllabus is more or less static and limited. It is highly recommended for people good in the language. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who are creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Urdu 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving best suitable strategies for Urdu optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Urdu optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Urdu to tackle Paper II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in particular language.
- In your essay, write in simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay in the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year UPSC Mains questions papers. For Urdu also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam pattern, trends etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Urdu Optional subject – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC 2018 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.