How to Prepare UPSC Mains Dogri Language Paper 2019 – IAS Mains
UPSC Dogri Study Strategy:Check out How to Prepare form 2019 UPSC Dogri Optional subject – Study Strategy. UPSC Mains Dogri Optional subject Preparation Tips are provided here. UPSC Notification 2019 has released. Today we’ve provided Preparation strategy for UPSC Dogri optional Paper. UPSC has already announced IAS / Civil Services Exam Dates. Before going to start preparation strategy for UPSC, know UPSC Mains Syllabus. You can check Suggested Strategy for Dogri optional for UPSC IAS mains exam.
Content in this Article
How to Prepare UPSC Dogri Optional Subject
According to the recent trends of UPSC, the success rate of Literature subjects are correspondingly high than other optional subjects. The importance of the optional subject is an unavoidable one in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. The number of students who take literature subjects as optionals is comparatively less, nevertheless it is on the rise owing to a lot of factors like, limited syllabus and their scoring capacity. Aspirants must look for the scope of the subject, what it demands and how much effort you need to put to get good score in the optional subject. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt But don’t get depressed if you fail.
- know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus
- Select Best Reference Books
- Prepare a Study plan
- Prepare own Preparation Notes
- Practice Previous Question Papers
- Practice few Mock Test Papers
UPSC Preparation Tips
UPSC Aspirants should follow exam tips to write the exam. Preparation tips are needed for any exam. UPSC exam should be conducted once in every year. Planning and hard work are very important to face any competitive exam. Below are some of the tips for preparation. Each UPSC mains Dogri paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Dogri language mains paper is 3 hours.
Step 1: Know UPSC Dogri syllabus
In the previous article, we’ve provided UPSC Mains Dogri Syllabus. You can check and find what are the applicable topics and chapter for UPSC IAS Mains 2017 Exam.
Step 2: Select Best Reference Books for UPSC Dogri
To prepare UPSC Punjabi Optional Subject, UPSC aspirants should prepare some reference books. We’ve already provided UPSC Reference Books for All optional papers. You can check our best-recommended books for IAS exam at given link below. The suggested books are included optional and language Subjects.
Check – UPSC Mains Dogri Reference Books
Recommended Books for Dogri:
- Nayaan (Drama) by Mohan Singh.
- Satrang (A collection of one act plays) The following pay wrights: Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Ram Nath Shastri, Jitendra Sharma, Lalit Magotra and Madan Mohan Sharma.
- Dogri Lalit Nibandh
- Dogri language: Origin and development through different stages.
- Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
- Characteristic features of Dogri language.
- A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature: Poetry & Prose.
- Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
- Development of Dogri short-story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
Step 3: Prepare a Study Plan
Study plan is very important for every exam preparation. It plays a key role in the success of getting the good score in the UPSC exam. Prepare a study plan for UPSC exam. Make a monthly plan, weekly plan and daily schedule to prepare UPSC Dogri Optional Paper. Allot the time for exam preparation and set the time for playing, eating, watching TV, and studying.
Daily prepare few hours and spend at least 8 hours for IAS exam preparation.
Note : Submit your name, email, state and updates category below.
UPSC Dogri Preparation Plan for 3 months
If you have 3 months preparation time for UPSC Mains exam, You can prepare 8-9 hours per day.
|UPSC Preparation Plan for Dogri (Before 3 Months)|
|Paper A – Indian Language||1 hr daily|
|Paper B – English||1 hr daily|
|Paper 2 – General Studies 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 3 – General Studies 2||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 4 – General Studies 3||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 5 – General Studies 4||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 6 – Dogri Optional Paper 1||1 hrs. daily|
|Paper 7 – Dogri Optional Paper 2||1 hrs. daily|
Step 4: Prepare UPSC Dogri Important Topics
Dogri Paper I and Paper II Important Topics
Paper I contains History of Dogri language and Literature, Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects. Paper II contains Textual Cristisim of Dogri Literature is the important topic. In languages optional require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidate’s critical ability.
As you know the marks of the optional paper is crucial to decide your ranking in the final list, you to have to perform exceptionally well in the paper of your choice. Since the rest of the papers are compulsory for all, its only the optional paper that can make or break your fortune. So don’t try to do selective reading and gamble, as there is only one optional paper now.
Final Step: Prepare UPSC Dogri Previous Question Papers & Practice papers
Download UPSC Mains Dogri Question Papers. We’ve provided UPSC mains Dogri Previous Question papers for download in PDF format.
Who should opt for Dogri?
Dogri language is spoken by the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh, but also in northern Punjab, other parts of Jammu and Kashmir. You can opt for the Dogri language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Dogri language as the main subject. The syllabus is more or less static and limited. It is highly recommended for people good in the language. He/She may score well in Paper I which is like general studies but Paper II becomes the eliminating factor if it is not covered exhaustively.
- Literature subjects are less informative.
- good for who are creative
- not too difficult to understand
- to score good marks one should have good writing skill
- creativity required
- depth in philosophy required
How much time does it take to prepare?
4-5 months, if you study Dogri 12-15 hours per week. This should be enough. Also, it depends on how much can you recall your graduation concepts.
Ideally, aspirants need 4-5 months to complete the optional subject solely. Here we are giving best suitable strategies for Dogri optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam.
- Aspirants should have an exhaustive knowledge about the syllabus of Dogri optional.
- Candidates should know the basic concept of Dogri to tackle Paper II.
- Improve writing skills because every language should need good writing skills to answer the questions in particular language.
- In your essay, write in simple but effective language. Attempt the essay question last with at least 40 minutes to spare. Once you are done with the other sections, you will have enough ‘flow’ to write your essay. Also, you should not waste time writing an elaborate essay in the beginning.
- Apart from your regular newspaper, read a newspaper in the language that you have opted for at least 15 minutes every day. This will familiarise you with the subtleties of the language. It will also give you the modern method of writing in the language.
- The essential part of UPSC IAS Exam preparation is solving the previous year UPSC Mains questions papers. For Dogri also aspirants should go through the Previous year question paper to extract an idea about exam pattern, trends etc.
This article titled “How to Prepare UPSC Dogri Optional subject – Study Strategy – Suggested by Toppers ” gives the detailed information about the tips for the preparation of the UPSC 2019 exam for all optional papers. Additional information like Reference books for UPSC Mains, IAS Previous question papers are also given above. Students should follow those tips and prepare well for the exam and download the links for more information about UPSC.