Check out About IGNOU, Admission in Indira Gandhi National Open University, Courses provided by IGNOU in Direct mode and Distance education, IGNOU Prospectus 2018, Study materials, Question Papers and Study resources for IGNOU Students, Exam Dates, Results and other notifications of IGNOU.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a strength of 4,528 students.
Today, it serves the educational aspirations of over 3 million students in India and other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 2,667 learner support centres and 29 overseas partner institutions. The University offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.
IGNOU – Open & Distance Learning
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, the National Resource Centre for Open and Distance Learning, with international recognition and presence, shall provide seamless access to sustainable and learner-centric quality education, skill upgradation and training to all by using innovative technologies and methodologies and ensuring convergence of existing systems for large-scale human resource development, required for promoting integrated national development and global understanding.
IGNOU Online Admission
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc. You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus 2017-18 and read carefully the rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card(Master/Visa)
- Net Banking
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- ATM Card (PNB)
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Note: Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application form as per IGNOU Rules.
Some Courses offered by IGNOU
- IGNOU B.Com Course 2017 – Exam Date, Syllabus and Fee
- IGNOU B.Tech Course Details 2017 – Admission, Exam Date, Fee & Syllabus
- IGNOU B.Sc Course 2017 – Fee, Exam Date and Syllabus
- IGNOU BA Course 2017 – Admission, Exam Date, Fee & Syllabus
- IGNOU B.Ed Course 2017 – Exam Date, Syllabus and Fee
- IGNOU University Courses List 2017 – Online, Regular and Distance Courses
Other Important Links – IGNOU
- Re-Evaluation of Answer Scripts
- Common Prospectus 2018 (English)
- MBA Prospectus 2018
- OPENMAT Entrance Test Form
- Prospectus for MBA (B&F)
- Associate Studentship Scheme
- Question Papers
- Internal Credit transfer scheme
- Credit transfer scheme for ICAI, ICWAI and ICSI
- External Credit transfer Scheme
- Revised fee for other services
- Application for ‘MIGRATION CERTIFICATE’
- Re-registration Forms July 2016 session
- Pre-Exam Information
- Entrance Test Papers
- Qualification codes for MEd
IGNOU Previous Question Papers
|2008||June2011 | December2011|
|June2010 | December2010||June2013 | December2013|
|June2012 | December2012||June2014 | December2014|
|June2015 | December 2015||June2016|
Entrance Exam Notifications
- Result of Ph.D Entrance Examination 2017
- Hall Ticket of OPENMAT XLII Entrance Examination 2018
- Attendance List of OPENMAT XLII Entrance Examination 2018
- Hall Ticket of B.Ed. Entrance Examination 2018
- Attendance List of B.Ed. Entrance Examination 2018
- Hall Ticket of BSC(N) Entrance Examination 2018
- Attendance List of BSC(N) Entrance Examination 2018
- Hall Tickets for Entrance Examination of Mphil/Ph.D
- Attendance Lis for Entrance Examination of Mphil/PhD
- Revised B.Ed Entrance Examination Result 2017
- Hall Ticket of Openmat-XLI Entrance Examination 2017
- Attendance List of Openmat-XLI Entrance Examination 2017
- Result of BSCN Entrance Examination 2017
- Hall Ticket of Openmat-XL Entrance Examination 2017
- Attendance List of Openmat-XL Entrance Examination 2017
- Hall Ticket of B.Ed. Entrance Examination 2017
- Attendance List of B.Ed. Entrance Examination 2017
- Hall Ticket of BSC(N) Entrance Examination 2017
- Attendance List of BSC(N) Entrance Examination 2017
- OPENMAT XLI RESULT
- OPENMAT XL RESULT
- OPENMAT XXXIX RESULT
- OPENMAT XXXVIII RESULT
- OPENMAT XXXVII RESULT
- OPENMAT XXXVI RESULT
- OPENMAT XXXV RESULT
- OPENMAT XXXIV RESULT
IGNOU Hall Ticket / Admit Card 2017-18
- Hall Tickets for RE CONDUCT of Term End Exam June 2017 (New)
- Attendance List for RE CONDUCT of Term End Examination June 2017 (New)
- Hall Tickets for Term End Exam June 2017 (server-I)
- Hall Tickets for Term End Exam June 2017 (server-II)
- Attendance List for Term End Examination June 2017
- Hall Tickets for Term End Exam December 2016
- Attendance List for Term End Examination December 2016
- Hall Tickets for Term End Exam June 2016
- Attendance List for June-2016 Term End Examination
- Hall Tickets for Term End Exam December 2015
- Attendance list for TEE 2015
Can I apply online for all the programmes offered by IGNOU?
You can apply for all the academic programmes on offer through the Common Prospectus in January 2018 session. For details of the Programmes on offer, please see the Common Prospectus at http://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/common_prospectus_2017_eng.pdf
Is it compulsory to register myself before submitting an admission form online?
Yes, it is compulsory to register with our Online Admission System (https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admissioin) before you can submit your admission form online.
What are the benefits of applying online as compared to submitting admission form offline at the regional centre?
Online submission of application forms is preferable for the following reasons:
- Admission form submission is instant.
- Confirmation of successful submission is instant through email and SMS.
- Documents are uploaded online and there is no need to send the hard copy of the admission form and documents by post to the Regional Centre.
- The payment is accepted online instantly, so there is no need to get the Demand Draft prepared.
- In case of rejection of admission form due to ineligibility or any other reason, refund of fee is made electronically into the credit/debit card/net banking account from which payment was made.
Can I use one E-mail address to fill multiple admission forms?
Yes, you can use one E-mail address to fill multiple admission forms. However, rules related to simultaneous registration to academic programmes apply.
If the power/internet connection fails during the application process, what should I do?
Since the data is saved at the end of every stage with the ‘Save’ button, your data is automatically saved till the previous stage. If you are within a particular stage and the system is interrupted due to power failure or loss of connectivity, then your current stage data will not be saved. Please log in again using your ID and password and complete the form submission process from the stage where the system got interrupted.
What is the detailed process for submission of online admission form?
The submission of admission form passes through the following stages:
- Open the URL (https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission)
- Complete Registration process (which creates ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you)
- Your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ is informed through SMS and email
- Re-login to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’
- Fill Admission Form online
- Upload your recent Photograph (maximum size 100KB in JPG format)
- Upload your specimen signature (maximum size 100KB in JPG format)
- Upload scanned copies of the relevant documents (maximum size 400KB each document in JPG/PDF format)
- Read the declaration and check the ‘Declaration’ box
- Preview your data and confirm details
- Make payment of Fee through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking
- Payment confirmation message is sent to you through SMS and email
- Press Next button to see the form preview
Take Print/Save your filled in Registration Form
How should I pay the programme fee?
Programme fee for online Admission can be paid through credit/debit card/ net banking.
What kinds of Credit/Debit cards are accepted for payment of the programme fee? Is there Internet banking facility is also available?
The Visa and Master Cards are accepted for making the payment of programme fee. Yes, the payment of fee can also be made through Net Banking.
Payment has been deducted from Credit Card/Debit Card/ my account but I have not received any confirmation. What should I do?
If the payment has been deducted but you did not get acknowledgement for the same, please email the transaction details including your name, programme opted, mobile number, amount paid etc. to the Online Admission Support Team at 011-29572514 or submit your request at www.igram.ignou.ac.in.
Can I apply for both PG and Certificate and UG and Certificate program through a single application form?
No, for each programme you have to submit a separate Admission Form with requisite programme fee. You can register for a certificate programme along with a Degree, Diploma or another Certificate programme. However, two diploma or degree programmes cannot be taken simultaneously. For further details please refer to the Prospectus athttp://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/common_prospectus_2017_eng.pdf.
After Payment of the Admission fee, what information shall I receive through email/ SMS?
You will get the confirmation of payment made by you through SMS as well as email.
Where do I have to contact after successful submission of form?
Once the Admission Form is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation to that effect. The University will provide you further information with regard to confirmation of your admission, allotment of study centre and other details for induction etc. in due course.
Is it possible to change my programme before final submission of admission form?
Yes, the Programme can be changed. For details please refer to the Prospectus athttp://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/common_prospectus_2017_eng.pdf.
If there is any discrepancy in the admission form, from where and within which time shall I get the information about the same?
In case of error in factual information submitted by you in the Admission form, you may contact the concerned Regional Centre for the same.
What is the time frame for getting confirmation of my admission?
The admission form submitted by you needs to be scrutinized, verified and accepted by the Regional Centre concerned for confirmation of your admission. The Regional Centre shall communicate with you as soon as the process is completed.
Is it mandatory to upload/attach a photograph and scanned copy of the educational documents while submitting the form online?
Yes. It is mandatory to upload the photograph of the desired size and scanned copies of the documents in support of your eligibility for admission to the desired programme. In the absence of relevant documents your admission form is liable to be rejected.
What are the documents to be submitted for applying for certificate, diploma, P G Diploma and Post Graduate Programme of IGNOU?
The details of document(s) required to be uploaded are displayed on the Online Admission System. For further details you may also refer to the Prospectus at http://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/common_prospectus_2017_eng.pdf.
If a particular programme is not reflected under the regional centre under which I am applying, what should I do?
If the name of a particular programme does not appear in the list of the programmes available at a particular Regional Centre it simply means that the programme is not available in that Regional Centre. In such a case you may opt for the nearest Regional Centre/Study Centre where the programme is available.
If I want to withdraw from the programme after confirmation of my admission, shall I get my fee refunded?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this University. However, in cases where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of processing fee, if any, electronically to the credit/debit/net banking account from where payment was made.
As a student of IGNOU, shall I get access to library facility?
The students who seek admission to a programme of the University through Online Admission System will get the same facilities as those who join the programme in off-line mode. In case you are staying in the city where your Regional Centre is located, you can make use of the library at the Regional Centre. In addition, you can also use the multimedia facility (recorded audio/ video lectures, etc.) at the Regional Centre. Your Study Centre is also equipped with library/multimedia facility. You may use the facility during the working hours of the Study Centre.
What is Credit System?
The University follows the ‘Credit System’ for all the programmes. Each credit in our system is equivalent to 30 hours of study comprising all learning activities (i.e. reading and comprehending the print material, listening to audio, watching video, attending counseling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses). Thus, a 4-credit course involves about 120 hours of study. This helps the learner to know the academic effort he/she has to put in, to successfully complete a course. Completion of an academic programme (Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate) requires successful completion of the assignments, practicals, projects and the term-end examination of each course in a programme.
What is the system of evaluation followed by IGNOU?
The system of evaluation in IGNOU is different from that of conventional universities. IGNOU has a multi-tier system of evaluation – self-assessment exercises within each unit of study, continuous evaluation mainly through assignments which are tutor-marked, practical assignments and seminar/workshops/extended contact programmes, term-end examination, project work, etc. The evaluation of learners depends upon various instructional activities undertaken by them. A learner has to write assignment responses compulsorily before taking term-end examination from time to time to complete an academic programme. A learner has to submit tutor marked assignments (TMA) responses to the Coordinator of the Study Centre concerned to which s/he is attached.
Can I join two Programmes of IGNOU at a time?
Students who are already enrolled in a programme of one year or longer duration can also simultaneously register themselves for any Certificate programme of 6 months’ duration. However, if there is any clash of dates of counselling or examination schedule between the two programmes taken, the University will not be in a position to make adjustments. Simultaneously pursuing two academic Programmes of one year or longer duration either from the same University, or one from the Open University (under ODL mode) and the other from Conventional University (regular or face-to face mode) is not permitted, as of now, except add-on courses.
Is there any provision for scholarship or reimbursement of fee in IGNOU?
Learners of IGNOU belonging to reserved Categories, viz. Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Physically Handicapped are eligible for reimbursement of fee from the respective state governments. Further, scholarship scheme of National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Disabled People (NCPEDP) for Post Graduate level programmes is applicable to the students of this University also. Such students are advised to apply to the awarding authority directly. However, at the time of admission all applicants are required to pay the full fee.
I am a foreign national residing in India. Can I take admission in IGNOU?
Foreign nationals residing in India are eligible to seek admission in IGNOU programmes through offline mode, provided they have valid student visa for the minimum duration of the programme. So if you have a valid student visa for the minimum duration of the programme of your choice, you may apply for admission. Please note that you will be required to pay the fee applicable to foreign students. Details of fee applicable to foreign students are available on our website at http://www.ignou.ac.in/userfiles/Fees%20structures%20of%20programmes%20(Revised)(2).pdf. Further, admission in programmes having limited number of seats is not available to foreign nationals residing in India.
If I move to another city after joining a programme, can I continue my studies in the new place, or do I have to come back to my old place for completing the course?
IGNOU has a national network of Regional Centres and Study Centres. So in case you change your place, you can continue your studies uninterrupted from your new place. You only have to request your Regional Centre to change your Regional Centre/Study Centre Code and update your new address.
Are the Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates awarded by IGNOU recognized?
IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates are recognized by all member universities of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with Degrees/Diplomas/ Certificates of all Indian Universities/ Institutions, as per UGC Circular letter No. F.1-52/2000(CPP-II) dated 5th May, 2004, AIU Circular No. EV/11(449/94/176915-177115 dated January 14, 1994, AICTE Circular No. AICTE/Academic/ MOU-DEC/ 2005 dated May 13, 2005 and UGC/DEB/2013 dated 14.10.2013.
If I join a programme of IGNOU but fail to appear in the examination at the first instance, will my registration be cancelled?
Flexibility in pace of learning is one of the important features of IGNOU’s programme delivery. Recognizing the fact that all our learners may not be able to study at the same pace due to various personal reasons, IGNOU has prescribed a ‘minimum’ and ‘maximum’ duration for successfully completing the programme. Thus, while you can complete your programme in the minimum prescribed period, your registration shall remain valid for the ‘maximum duration’ of the programme. This helps you pace your studies at your convenience. However, if you are aiming at the University Gold Medal, you must complete within the minimum prescribed period.