If you want to choose your career in different way, definitely Acting & Stage Drama are the best career options. If you are looking for the Degree Courses in Acting in India, then you are at right place. We’ve provided the course details, list of Degree Courses, Diploma Courses and Certificate Courses in Acting, Dance and Drama in India. They are very few colleges are providing Bachelor’s Degree and Master Degree in Acting, Bharathnatyam, Film Making and Television Production, Cinematography, Script writing, Film Making and Film + Media Management. Theatre Arts, Cinematography, Dramatics and Direction & Screenplay Writing are the major courses in Acting.
Content in this Article
Major Subjects & Courses in Acting
Acting is an activity in which a story is told by means of its enactment by an actor or actress who adopts a character—in television, film, radio, theatre, or any other medium that makes use of the mimetic mode.
Acting involves a broad range of skills, including a well-developed imagination, physical expressivity, vocal projection, clarity of speech, emotional facility, and the ability to interpret drama. Acting also demands an ability to employ dialects, accents, improvisation, observation and emulation, mime, and stage combat. Many actors train at length in specialist programmes or colleges to develop these skills.
|GET CA UPDATES|
Following are the major fields in Acting.
- Theatre Arts
- Screenplay Writing
Career Options & Job Types of Acting
Following are the career options of Acting.
- Brand Ambassador
- Stage Performers
- Acting Trainer
- Stage Show Anchors
- Ad Agency
- Television Show Hosts
Acting Course Fee
- Acting and Dance: Rs 25,000
- Only Acting : Rs 20,000
- Acting and Dance: Rs 12,500
- Only Acting : Rs 10,000
- Acting and Dance: Rs 75,000
- Only Acting : Rs 65,000
Degree Courses in Acting in India
|Degree Courses in Acting||Total Colleges|
Bachelor’s Degree in Acting
|B.A. (Hons) (Drama)|
Bachelor of Arts Honours in Drama
|Bachelor of Theatre Arts (B.T.A.)|
Bachelor of Theatre Arts
|M.A. (Indian Theatre)|
Master of Arts in Indian Theatre
Master of Arts in Theatre
Master in Film Technology (Cinematography)
|M.F.Tech. (Direction & Screenplay Writing)|
Master in Film Technology (Direction & Screenplay Writing)
Doctor of Philosophy in Dramatics
|Ph.D. (Indian Theatre)|
Doctor of Philosophy in Indian Theatre
List of PG & Diploma Courses in Acting
|Diploma Courses in Acting||Total Colleges|
|Advance Diploma in Acting||1|
|Diploma in Acting||44|
|Diploma in Acting and Drama||1|
|Diploma in Direction & Screenwriting||2|
|Diploma in Dramatic Arts||2|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Acting||4|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Dramatics||3|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Theatre Arts||2|
Certificate Courses in Acting
|Certificate Courses in Acting||Total Colleges|
|Certificate Course in Acting||23|
|Certificate Course in Acting and TV Presentation||2|
|Certificate Course in Acting Foundation||1|
Specialized fields in Acting Career
- Movie Acting
- Theatrical Acting
- Stage Performance
- Television Acting
- Voice Over’s
Acting Course: Partial Content Over
- Body Language
- Dialogue Delivery
- Role Analysis
Acting Course Basic Requirements
Very few courses in acting are available at acting schools in India spread all across the country. But there are a number of certificate, degree and diploma courses available for candidates who are interested in Acting. One can opt for graduate course whose eligibility is 10+2 in any discipline. Many well known actors and directors have also opened acting institutes.
Career & Employment Areas of Acting
- Advertising Agencies
- Modelling Agencies
- Event Organisations
- Music Companies
- Acting Institutes
- Movie Production Houses
- Acting Workshops
Some of the Major Acting Schools & Colleges
- Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT)
- National School of Drama
- Barry John Acting Studio, Mumbai
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts (N.I.F.F.A.)
- Film and Television Institute of India
- Whistling Woods International
- Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema and Entertainment (RSACE)
Entrance Exams/ Admissions
- Whisling Woods International : It conducts an entrance exam which would assess you over General Aptitude, Monologue, SOP- State of purpose, etc.
- Barry John Acting Studio : The session begins from November, and the admission is on first come first serve basis.
Some Entrance after your Graduation
- National School of Drama (NSD) : They have an exhaustive procedure to admit students. There is a preliminary round of audition or a practical test. In the final round there is a workshop of 4–5 days.
- Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) : The tentative date for entrance is around August, and the admission is based on an Written test + Interview.
Benefits of Attending the Acting Audition Selection Workshop
- The Acting Audition Selection Workshop will help you know the techniques as required to crack the auditions effectively and also understands yourself as an actor.
- It is of primal importance for all actors to understand effectively the ways to give auditions. We provide in-depth techniques for auditioning in front of camera.
- People with low motivation and confidence will understand how to win auditions and get a break in films.
- With proper learning and knowledge by Mentors you gain confidence in the full-sized technical media industry.
- Workshop is comprehensive and prepares you to jump-start your acting career in short time.
When It comes to Film Making and Camera Acting, there are only few Institutes which are legitimate. We’ve listed the best acting schools and degree courses in acting in India. In this article, we’ve clarified the Acting course details, Requirements, Top colleges for Acting, Fee, and Employment Areas & Career options of Acting. Share this article “Degree Courses in Acting in India – Career Options after 10th & 12th” to other candidates who are interested in Acting Career.